Stalker

Started by Bielecki, 20-02-2010

Bielecki

Alot of you would of heard of this film due to the Stalker games. It's become increasingly popluar over the years with alot of young viewers, curious and intrigued at its non-conventioal presentation.

The film focuses on 3 characters, the Stalker, the Writer and the Scientist. We follow the trio as they are lead into a suspicious place lead by the Stalker. This place is know as 'The Zone'; a mysterious forbidden area blocked off by the goverment.

It was created around 1979 by Andrei Tarkovsky, a soviet russian director who i personally highly respect. It was one of the main influences for the STALKER games.

из фильма "Сталкер" ("Stalker" film)

Dark Angel

OK.

And i would like to point out something .

1. You respect him? If yes then tell me when he died , why he died and name some of his movies.
2. Movie is barley realited to the game. (In 2011 Game and Book based S.T.A.L.K.E.R movie will be released)
3.Those young kids watching stalker are just watching it because they think that it's totally like the game, even thought the movie has no mutants and no shooting. It's more of a psychological movie.
4.The movie with english subtitles actually sucks. Original is much better .

Sorry if i offended you =(

Bielecki

Quote from: Dark Angel on 20-02-2010
OK.

1. You respect him? If yes then tell me when he died , why he died and name some of his movies.

Wasn't necessarily relevent to the thread, but ok. He died in 1986, due to cancer i think.
His movies? Ivans childhood, Andrei Rublev, Solaris, Nostalgia, the Sacrifice, Mirror and of course, Stalker.

Quote from: Dark Angel on 20-02-20102. Movie is barley realited to the game. (In 2011 Game and Book based S.T.A.L.K.E.R movie will be released)
I said based. GSC based Stalker on parts of this film eg. The zone, the anomalies, the Stalker.

Quote from: Dark Angel on 20-02-20103.Those young kids watching stalker are just watching it because they think that it's totally like the game, even thought the movie has no mutants and no shooting. It's more of a psychological movie.

Yes, some of them are. The realtion between the game and film is alot more complicated then just, "The one with mutants, and the one thats difficult to understand."

Quote from: Dark Angel on 20-02-20104.The movie with english subtitles actually sucks. Original is much better .

What do you mean the original? This is the original. There are no other Stalker films. 

Dark Angel

No usually when movie is translated it changes abit. Aka good example movie Doom...

In english The Rock says "I've one round" and in Japanese it says "I've full charge" <------- Aka full clip.

Here is an example >:V

And about the Stalker and S.T.A.L.K.E.R realition , it's so thin that yeah >:V No point in explaining.

Also see you named Stalker , Writer and Scientist .

Originall it wasn't Writer.... he was actually there to destroy the zone. Ofc saw the movie long time ago but point is that , if i'm not mistaken such a called "writer" had a bomb to destroy wishgranter. (In the movie)

And Stalker stopped him.

Also Stalker had to follow 1.  Rule which was "Don't wish"

Bielecki

No usually when movie is translated it changes abit. Aka good example movie Doom...
In english The Rock says "I've one round" and in Japanese it says "I've full charge" <------- Aka full clip.
Here is an example >:V

The translation can't be that bad. You still get the same effect anyway.
But the russian one is most likely better worded.

Also see you named Stalker , Writer and Scientist .

Originall it wasn't Writer.... he was actually there to destroy the zone. Ofc saw the movie long time ago but point is that , if i'm not mistaken such a called "writer" had a bomb to destroy wishgranter. (In the movie)
And Stalker stopped him.
Also Stalker had to follow 1.  Rule which was "Don't wish"

It was the scientist who tried to blow it up, the writer came for inspriation.
And yes, the Stalker dosn't bother wishing since his own brother died when he did.

I never even said the film and game were heavily related, don't know why you think i did.
Anyway, the realtion from this film to the game is irelevent.

[INVICTUS]

Does either of you know where you can watch the whole film in one go? I only see clips of it.

Zstan

Quote from: [INVICTUS] on 20-02-2010
Does either of you know where you can watch the whole film in one go? I only see clips of it.
Try googling "Watch movie links" and click on this first link.

Bl★ck Star

Well, never watched the Movie i just Read "Roadside Picnic" and iam going to buy me STalker book 1&2 soon ^^

Bielecki

I'd love to read 'Roadside Picnic'.
To see where this whole concept started from.

Bl★ck Star

If you really want to read it so hard.

Here you go, uploaded you something ^^

hope it works.

http://ul.to/alcn70

Bielecki

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 21-02-2010
If you really want to read it so hard.

Here you go, uploaded you something ^^

hope it works.

http://ul.to/alcn70

But i'd always prefer to read it from a book.

Dark Angel

Roadside picnic  is not that kind of book which you can just read.

You have to read it and think over every sentence.

Bielecki

Quote from: Dark Angel on 21-02-2010
You have to read it and think over every sentence.

Then i look foward to it even more.

Lucidius

OK.

3.Those young kids watching stalker are just watching it because they think that it's totally like the game, even thought the movie has no mutants and no shooting. It's more of a psychological movie.
4.The movie with english subtitles actually sucks. Original is much better .

Sorry if i offended you =(

3. Correct me if i'm wrong, but the movie was 'inspired by' the book, Roadside Picnic, and the STALKER games borrow a bit from both.

4. "OK.

And i would like to point out something ."

Just like how your sentence lost it's grammar in translation? Am I hitting a nail here?

As for the relations between the movie, and the games, your fucking retarded if you can't see some of it. I liked the movies long frame shots, where it wasn't 10 second clips cut together to make a very un-natural fealing movie. It feels alot more organic.

To add, it's rather unfortunate what happend to the cast.

QuoteTarkovsky excluded them from the ending credits. Many people involved in the film production had untimely deaths. Many attribute this to the long and arduous shooting schedule of the film as well as toxins present at the shooting locations. Vladimir Sharun recalls:[4]

We were shooting near Tallinn in the area around the small river Pirita with a half-functioning hydroelectric station. Up the river was a chemical plant and it poured out poisonous liquids downstream. There is even this shot in Stalker: snow falling in the summer and white foam floating down the river. In fact it was some horrible poison. Many women in our crew got allergic reactions on their faces. Tarkovsky died from cancer of the right bronchial tube. And Tolya Solonitsyn too. That it was all connected to the location shooting for Stalker became clear to me when Larisa Tarkovskaya died from the same illness in Paris.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Dark Angel

^
Yeah most of them died. Because the area where they were filimg was close to chemical facility. And they were in-touch with water alot .