Red Dwarf

Started by Knife_cz, 28-08-2012

Knife_cz

Can't belive nobody made a thread about Red Dwarf, it is one of the best 'sitcome comedies' : So here we go.
Red Dwarf is a British comedy franchise which primarily comprises eight series (plus a ninth smaller series named Back To Earth) of a television science fiction sitcom that aired on BBC Two between 1988 and 1999 and on Dave in 2009 and 2012. It gained cult following. It was created by Rob Grant and Doug Naylor, who also wrote the first six series. The show originated from a recurring sketch, Dave Hollins : Space Cadet part of the mid-1980s BBC radio 4 comedy show Son of cliché, also scripted by Grant and Naylor. In addition to the television episodes, there are four bestselling novels, two pilot episodes for an American version of the show, a radio version produced for BBC radio 7, tie-in books, magazines and other merchandise.
In 2008, a three-episode production was commissioned by the digital channel Dave. These episodes were screened in April 2009 during the Easter weekend and comprised a three-part story titled Red Dwarf : Back to Earth. Unlike the majority of the original BBC episodes, this mini-series was a comedy drama filmed without a studio audience or an added laugh track.Despite the pastiche of science fiction used as a backdrop, Red Dwarf is primarily a character-driven comedy, with off-the-wall, often scatological science fiction elements used as complementary plot devices. In the early episodes, a recurring source of comedy was the "Odd Couple"-style relationship between the two central characters of the show, who have an intense dislike for each other and are trapped together deep in space. The main characters are Dave Lister, the last known human alive, and Arnold Rimmer, a hologram of Lister's dead bunkmate. The other regular characters are Cat, a lifeform that evolved from the descendants of Lister's pregnant pet cat Frankenstein; Holly, Red Dwarf's computer; Kryten, a service mechanoid; and, as of Series VII, Kristine Kochanski, an alternative-reality version of Lister's long-lost love.
One of the series' highest accolades came in 1994, when an episode from the sixth series, "Gunmenof the Apocalypse", won an international Emmy Award in the Popular Arts category, and in the same year the series was also awarded "Best BBC Comedy Series" at the British Comedy Awards. The series attracted its highest ratings, of over eight million viewers, during the eighth series in 1999.
There are DVD releases aviable, Blue-ray n' stuff. Or I am sure you could find some full episodes on internet if you haven't seen it yet.
Here are some bits.
Intro [size=78%]RED DWARF SERIES ONE INTRO[/size]
Smeg & The Heads
They're dead, Dave - Red Dwarf - BBC comedy

And of course...

ACE RIMMER  Ace Rimmer, what a guy! - Red Dwarf - BBC comedy

So yeah, Red Dwarf is 100% worth watching, and I am surprised when I asked some of my friends that they never heard of it O.o

Bl★ck Star

Space Station 13 in a nutshell

INA7HAN

I've seen red dwarf it's awsome, got the complete box set a few years ago.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive