Red Dawn (Remake) - Official Trailer

Started by Frostee, 13-08-2012

Frostee

Cutch

You do know that Red Dawn came out in 1984 right? If my concept of time is correct, and I'm pretty sure it is, then 1984 occurred prior to 2011.

The idea of NK making any sort of attack on the US besides launching its nuclear weapons(?) is ridiculous now that the USSR is non-existent and China wouldn't dare risk any sort of conflict with its Western business partners.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Frostee

Quote from: Cutch on 13-08-2012
You do know that Red Dawn came out in 1984 right? If my concept of time is correct, and I'm pretty sure it is, then 1984 occurred prior to 2011.

The idea of NK making any sort of attack on the US besides launching its nuclear weapons(?) is ridiculous now that the USSR is non-existent and China wouldn't dare risk any sort of conflict with its Western business partners.

Are you trying to make a point, or what? I know the original came out in the 80's; I've seen it.

SGT-Spartans

What? This is the remake of the 1984 Red Dawn in modern times. Kinda like modern Shakespeare plays....And its a fucking movie?
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

Otto

wow, I'm really disappointed

the thing that made the first one good was the cast, they were all cool guys.  in this one they all look like grade a pussies/typical actors.  I mean they chose the kid from fucking drake and josh to be his brother.  what

and north korea? are they serious?  The USSR/Russia would have been a lot better and to be honest I find that a lot more terrifying than a bunch of koreans running around in their retarded blue uniforms and helmets

the thing that made the original great was the awesome montana/south dakota wherever it was setting and the genuinely cool, everyday actors.  this has neither.  it looks like another typical action movie, but hey I could be wrong

Plunger

The movie is supposed to be about AMERICA FUCK YEAH! and lots of American ass kickings. Stop bitching about realism because it's not trying to be. Go watch Black Hawk Down for that. You guys are bitching about like, the most pointless things? Have you seen the original for fucks sake? It was probably the most nonsensical plot ever, but it was still awesome.

SGT-Spartans

Yea. The russians fire on a schoolhouse. They'd never waste such slave labor like that!

ha.ha. American propaganda!
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

Plunger

Quote from: SGT-Spartans on 13-08-2012
Yea. The russians fire on a schoolhouse. They'd never waste such slave labor like that!

Or you know, the ending where two teenagers take on an entire compound of Cuban, and NK troops. But you know, keep bitching.

meetdadoom

Quote from: Plunger on 13-08-2012
Quote from: SGT-Spartans on 13-08-2012

Or you know, the ending where two teenagers take on an entire compound of Cuban, and NK troops.

Seems legit.

@Frosty
You realize that the writer for Red Dawn also wrote the story for HomeFront?

And I am suprised no one has said this yet but... that's fucking Josh Peck. Remember, that loveable fat kid from Drake and Josh? He lost hella weight!

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Jared47

When I first saw a few photos of this a couple months ago, I was sort of excited about it. I know some people may like the trailer and idea for a remake of this movie, but I would really just have liked it to remain how I want to remember it. An awesome kickass movie about teenagers violently murdering Russian and Cuban people, and pushing the characters to their emotional and physical limits. Sure, a lot of it was kind of cheesy, but damn, it was badass.

And it doesn't help that I keep expecting one of the main characters to pull out a mythical hammer and beat Koreans to death with it.