Started by Paintcheck, 30-12-2009

Paintcheck

When his brother is killed in a robbery, paraplegic Marine Jake Sully decides to take his place in a mission on the distant world of Pandora. There he learns of greedy corporate figurehead Parker Selfridge's intentions of driving off the native humanoid "Na'vi" in order to mine for the precious material scattered throughout their rich woodland.

In exchange for the spinal surgery that will fix his legs, Jake gathers intel for the cooperating military unit spearheaded by gung-ho Colonel Quaritch, while simultaneously attempting to infiltrate the Na'vi people with the use of an "avatar" identity. While Jake begins to bond with the native tribe and quickly falls in love with the beautiful alien Neytiri, the restless Colonel moves forward with his ruthless extermination tactics, forcing the soldier to take a stand - and fight back in an epic battle for the fate of Pandora.  

Zombiehunta

I loved it, personally. I didn't like how they sang around the Soul Tree.....it was a bit cheesy, but besides that, it was great.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

OBrian

I heard it had great action and acting but a very bland and simple plot line

Characters - Stalker RP
Diederik 'Ghost' Sigmund - Mercenary - Alive
Archibald 'Joker' Jung - Freedom Trader - Alive
Characters - Crussaria RP
Durinos Rahl - First Wizard - Alive

Paintcheck

The story was by no means original, true but calling it "bland" might be a bit harsh. It's a familiar story but it is told very well.

KillSlim

Haven't seen it yet. The film has positive reviews from many online critics; I may consider watching it or buying the DVD.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Lucidius

Went to see it and the only seats left were the front row. This was an hour before the movie started.

Friends went to see it the other day and it sold out 4 hours before the showing.

I'm gonna wait for it to die down, I need good seats because of how bad my eyes are :P.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Paintcheck

Yeah I had to try for 3 days to get tickets to the IMAX near me. On the first day it sold out while we were in line, second day sold out while we were trying to decide what time to order tickets for that same day.

Celtic

I saw this movie about a week ago and I couldn't get it off my mind for days.  It was simply amazing.

Deathcon

I love Avatar, it may have not been an original story but it is very well told and the special effects were great.

Zombiehunta

Reading all this makes me love that I have connections. My friend got us all free-passes to every movie at Muvico. It was great.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

Dark Angel

Beautiful movie but really boring. I didn't like it at all.

Zombiehunta

It had a lot to do with tribes being taken over, mainly refrencing to Americans and Native Americans. It was possibly the greatest movie of '09. It's more story based than the simplistic action-based movie. Yes, it's an overused story, but done to an extent of greatness. I probably won't watch it ever again, but it was a good movie.

Bl★ck Star

Iam going to see it tommorow with my father i hope it so awesome like i heard about it

deluxulous

I saw Sherlock Holmes because it was sold out.

:(

Aviator

Avatar has less than an hour of non-stop explosions and gunfire and violence in it, it's a horrible movie IMO. Terminator is better- this is a joke.

Zombiehunta

I don't see how you thought it was a horrible, but opinions are opinions.

itzmillerrr

3D made me sick, literally.

get at me.

Punisher270

The  movies great  but i would spend the extra money on 3d version i saw it both ways 3d is  so much better

Afromana

This movie is mah favorite movie evah.
Thats the best I can come up with without being dramatic.

Alex

I liked it, 'twas very epic. No reason to complain about the not-so-original story if it was told in such a great way. The effects were freaking sweet and they didn't have many popular movie actors in it. That was kind of a surprise.

Lammardude

It's not Horrible it's for the Excitement sure it has too much action but it at least show's what the movie creators are capable of doing

Assassinator

I have to say it was one of the best movies I've seen in a couple years, not that I've seen that many movies lately. Three hours of pretty much complete computer animation, I consider that, as of itself, a great feat.

Dark Angel

Beautiful movie but the story was weak.

Lammardude

Agreed with the Above 2 Statements

Bl★ck Star

i demand hot blue alien sex in the movie (joke)