[Idea] Napoleonic Wars

Started by ThY, 07-08-2012

ThY

I will be making a regiment for Mount & Blade Napoleonic Wars, this may be supported by HGN - not yet decided, we will have our own server none of the less. I hope to also bring back the rather large community we gained from our old Battlegrounds 2 server. For anyone interested and curious, here is the best description of a regiment I can find.

QuoteA Regiment is to Napoleonic Wars, what a clan is to most games - a grouping of individuals into a single organisation, purposes of playing battles and events together. Most regiments like to style themselves with period detail, such as regimental nicknames, numbers and ranks, but this is not obligatory. Regiments are mutually exclusive and one cannot be member of two or more at the same time. Some regiments may decide to group themselves into a single group, this is called an 'Army' and is a voluntary group which may choose to style itself in the same way that a regiment does.

A player wishing to join a regiment should keep a few simple rules in mind. To join a regiment, you must ask and be given permission by the members of that regiment. You may NOT simply add the regimental and rank tags without permission; this is considered impersonation and is not permitted on game servers.

A player in a regiment is free to enter and exit at their will, but it is considered common courtesy for regiments not to recruit individuals who are presently members of a different regiment. Doing so, whilst not technically a violation of rules, is considered VERY poor form and can have serious repercussions.

Similarly, joining and leaving a regiment is something that a player should not do lightly. Regiments, though enjoyable in battles and events, require a commitment of time for training and preparation - joining a succession of different regiments may reflect poorly on you.
- FSE Admin Team

We will play as the standard British Foot Regiment (49th Hertfordshire on Foot 1782–1816 "Swift and Bold")[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

With practise and experience we shall then choose if we want to change to anything more unique or fun. Keep in mind that Napoleonic Wars has options for; Line Infantry, Rifles, Peasants, Musicians (Bag pipes, drums, flutes and horns), Sappers (Engineers), Artillery, and a range of Cavalry, including dragoons and heavier classes.

To begin with we would only be using these ranks:

Non-Commissioned Officers              Comissioned Officers
SergeantLieutenant
CorporalEnsign
Lance Corporal (Or Chosen Man)
Private

Please post if you are interested, or have any ideas or suggestions. I'll remove your post if you post along the line of "Mount and blade sucks, this will fail." without any real explanation or contribution.

jaik

I don't have NW myself, but good luck with this!
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

ThY

Quote from: Jake on 07-08-2012
I don't have NW myself, but good luck with this!
Thanks! :)

Steven :D

I am interested

Goose

Definitely in. I've been working at Fort George as an 1812 Rein-actor over the summer and It's a hell of a lot of fun, I'm buying this DLC right now just so i can play with you guys :D
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

kropfi

Quote from: ThY on 07-08-2012
Mount and blade sucks, this will fail.

You said it ThY... Not me... lol

KIDDING!

Sounds cool! I don't have this game though :/

ThY

Quote from: Goose on 07-08-2012
Definitely in. I've been working at Fort George as an 1812 Rein-actor over the summer and It's a hell of a lot of fun, I'm buying this DLC right now just so i can play with you guys :D
Great! :)

ThY

We have a server up now, named 49th_Hertfordshire_Of_Foot