Company of Heroes Mods. [Look if you play them]

Started by Chaos, 25-10-2010

Chaos

Well I can't get any mods to work for Company of Heroes steam version, I googled crazy and none of the solutions worked.
I tried this: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?176578-How-to-Get-mods-to-work-with-Steam-CoH
It didn't work.
I'm on Windows 7 by the way.

Steel

What mods are you trying to use?

Im on 7 64 bit Ultimate and i have no problems.

Mods like Blitzkrieg and others work fine for me on steam.

Chaos

Quote from: Steel on 25-10-2010

Yea im x64 too. But it just launches and it's always vanilla. I tried Commando's realism mod, infantry mod, and zombie mod. What's your launch options?

Bl★ck Star

Does mod's also work with the Company of Hereos Online version of the Game ?

Steel

Quote from: Chaos on 25-10-2010

Yea im x64 too. But it just launches and it's always vanilla. I tried Commando's realism mod, infantry mod, and zombie mod. What's your launch options?

Every mod i have ever used for CoH has had a self installer, rather than files that you extract.
Normally you will get a seperate desktop item.

Chaos

Quote from: Steel on 26-10-2010
Quote from: Chaos on 25-10-2010

Every mod i have ever used for CoH has had a self installer, rather than files that you extract.
Normally you will get a seperate desktop item.
Commandio's realistic mod had a self installer and the desktop icon was called CoH Realism mod. I launched it and it was still completely vanilla. I looked at the properties and it had -dev and the -modname on target but the directory was wrong. Now it looks like this:
Target:  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes\RelicCOH.exe" -dev -modname Realism_Mod"
Start in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes"

Could you give me a link to the mod your using? I'm guessing on steam patch 2.601 (something like that) cause thats what mine is on. I'll try it out and see if it works.

Steel

Chaos

Spades_Neil

Old thread is old, but I'm bumping it because I was just going to make a threat about the same damn thing otherwise.

Anyway, if you want CoH mods to work with steam, here's how you do it. When you install mods like Blitzkrieg, it has an icon on the desktop to launch it. Now, if you open the shortcut properties, you'll see something like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes\RelicCOH.exe" -dev -nomovies -mod Blitzkrieg

The bit in bold, pay attention to it. Copy that. Now go to your Steam library. Add a shortcut for RelicCOH.exe (like you would on any game adding to steam) and open the properties of the shortcut.

Now, there is a section that says "Target" and in "Target" it has;
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\company of heroes\RelicCOH.exe"

Add to the end of it;
-dev -nomovies -mod Blitzkrieg

That way it looks just like the shortcut from the icon on the desktop! Enjoy playing Blitzkrieg with Steam! Also, come play with me some time. There's a certain thrill in watching hoards of AI players trying desperately to swarm me while I chew them into giblets with my iron wall of defense.

Or you can do it Duran's way if you don't want a shortcut specifically for Blitzkrieg.

Duranblackraven

If you own CoH on steam you can use the '-mod' method. Go to launch options and use -mod <Mod folder> so it looks like: -mod Blitzkrieg

That's what I use. Tons easier.