Steampunk you say?

Started by Spades_Neil, 20-08-2013

Spades_Neil

While I've always considered Minecraft roleplay to be... clunky, at best.. this is something that might be not only new and interesting but something I don't see done as often before.

Curious what are specific plans for the Minecraft RP server? I can only assume you'll need build rights to truly exploit the full potential of the world around you. But, will there be any mods implemented? Or vanilla Minecraft in a Steampunk setting? Both, obviously, quite doable--and a texture pack never hurt anyone. Plenty of Steampunk packs out there. d

Edvyn

To answer your question, I plan on including plugins that are necessary for running a roleplaying server smoothly - We'll have local chat, an economy and locks. I want to include a minimal amount of plugins, for the sake of reducing server strain and encouraging roleplay. We will likely not have special combat or powers plugins, as all character actions are expected to be played out in text. Minecraft's combat is far too simplistic to represent the sophisticated, story-driven combat of an interactive story like MM. This philosophy was present in Aceon, and it is one of the few things I plan on keeping. Glimmar's steampunk textures are quite pretty, and Glimmar's pack will likely be encouraged over other packs unless another suitable pack is found. Build rights will be subject to an application process, much like Aceon's, but this process is not at all tedious - Show us you can roleplay well, and we'll let you build.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Edvyn on 20-08-2013
To answer your question, I plan on including plugins that are necessary for running a roleplaying server smoothly - We'll have local chat, an economy and locks. I want to include a minimal amount of plugins, for the sake of reducing server strain and encouraging roleplay. We will likely not have special combat or powers plugins, as all character actions are expected to be played out in text. Minecraft's combat is far too simplistic to represent the sophisticated, story-driven combat of an interactive story like MM. This philosophy was present in Aceon, and it is one of the few things I plan on keeping. Glimmar's steampunk textures are quite pretty, and Glimmar's pack will likely be encouraged over other packs unless another suitable pack is found. Build rights will be subject to an application process, much like Aceon's, but this process is not at all tedious - Show us you can roleplay well, and we'll let you build.

Plugins, of course, but when I say mods I mean stuff like airship mods or other stuff that actually adds content to the game its self, or if it should work perfectly fine with a vanilla copy of Minecraft. I have little preference either way. Everything else I wanted to know has otherwise been answered.

MakoNendrak

I'd even consider coming back for this

Beano

All hope must be disregarded

12:37 PM - Beano #JizzCake: how is babby formed
12:37 PM - SumRandomGuy: once upon a time
12:38 PM - SumRandomGuy: there was this giant big thingy thing
12:38 PM - SumRandomGuy: its called my benis

CoolFeerman

If you guys can contact people that are... "veterans", as much as I don't like that word, please tell them about Machina Mythos. Uh, you know, just uh, not the ones that were kind of bad at roleplaying, k? :)

Beano

Avol told me earlier that he might come back, also Demon said he should be getting a gaming rig later this year.

MakoNendrak

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 25-08-2013
Uh, you know, just uh, not the ones that were kind of bad at roleplaying, k? :)

Feer doesn't want me back :(

CoolFeerman

Quote from: MakoNendrak on 26-08-2013
Quote from: CoolFeerman on 25-08-2013
Uh, you know, just uh, not the ones that were kind of bad at roleplaying, k? :)

Feer doesn't want me back :(

No, I was talking about people who were very unskilled, and just uh... well, bad.
Of course we could try to train them, but often times we already had and it didn't work.
Mako, er, uh... fuck whatever your IG name is, you're a cool cat.

Beano

What about that NinjaNoah guy, he seemed like a stellar roleplayer, right. right...

Silver Knight

Quote from: Beano on 26-08-2013
What about that NinjaNoah guy, he seemed like a stellar roleplayer, right. right...

How dare you Noah was a peaceful boatman. Oh wait.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

CoolFeerman

Quote from: Beano on 26-08-2013

no

Spades_Neil

Last time I strolled around in the Minecraft RP server, I was a foreign architect from the distant lands of Rothdan (my private Minecraft server) who had come to study the local buildings. I kept a writable book with me and documented each day in it as a journal.

But now all this mention of a boatman makes me want to be a fishmonger or something.

Beano

The black sky above, our Kingdom beneath. Die on the waves or live on your knees.

MakoNendrak

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 26-08-2013
But now all this mention of a boatman makes me want to be a fishmonger or something.
Fishmonger, you say? I might go for that whole businessman thing again and try to make it work this time.  Fancy being in my employ?

2ktaco

People to get back:
Demon
Avol
Port
Gecc cuz shes cool, shut up feer
SuperBlackBiker bro
Cpftw
Maybe Fluff
Jagger (he has his moments)
Mla

People to not get back:
Noah
Dura
2ktacosCouzin

Also, Imma run a street racing circuit. So find your riders and place your bets

CoolFeerman

Quote from: 2ktaco on 08-09-2013
People to get back:
Demon IT WON'T HAPPEN
Avol
Port huh why not
Gecc cuz shes cool, shut up feer SHE'S A FUCKING PSYCHOTIC HERION ADDICT, OK? WHY DO YOU THINK SHE'S COOL.
SuperBlackBiker bro
Cpftw
Maybe Fluff Fluff is long gone, don'tcha think? We need to get Leticus and Slendy and Chief and the actual good people back.
Jagger (he has his moments) probably no
Mla

People to not get back:
Noah
Dura
2ktacosCouzin
Anybody under the age of 12 or 12. hue

Also, Imma run a street racing circuit. So find your riders and place your bets

ftfy frend :)

Beano

Demon said when he gets his gaming PC he'll likely come back, also CP and Avol will probably (90% sure) come too.

And I thought Port was coming back anyway?

MakoNendrak

Get Chief back. I liked Chief

2ktaco

Quote from: MakoNendrak on 09-09-2013
Get Chief back. I liked Chief
Chief was cool guy and good builder. Didn't Rp much from what I remember

Beano

Chief's like, 24 or something now, I think he's probably outgrown us, I hope I'm wrong though.

CoolFeerman

Quote from: Beano on 10-09-2013
Chief's like, 24 or something now, I think he's probably outgrown us, I hope I'm wrong though.

You realize that Maxi was 22 or something and so was Port?
I bet there were some members that were older than them, so I doubt that he's grown us out.
Besides, you never leave. Only take a temporary break.

2ktaco

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 10-09-2013

I bet there were some members that were older than them, so I doubt that he's grown us out.
Besides, you never leave. Only take a temporary break. >:)

For a while, I was convinced Ed was like 40 something

CoolFeerman

Quote from: 2ktaco on 10-09-2013
Quote from: CoolFeerman on 10-09-2013

Besides, you never leave. Only take a temporary break.

For a while, I was convinced Ed was like 40 something

wat

2ktaco

It was a long time ago. I was still sorta new and I think Port told me that Ed was an old man. So for a while I thought he was a creepy old man who liked to Rp with kids.