Building villages/cities

Started by Redbark, 11-10-2013

Redbark

To stop people from making villages/factions left and right we can make it more of a challenge, and since we're in a steampunk era we could do something LIKE THIS
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/607484-the-city-construction-challenge/
But not EXACTLY like it.
Discuss.

DasHeadCrap

Well from what I've heard every one will be staying in the megacity. Although if a group gets like 5 or 6 people and the admins/mods allow them to make a faction and a town I don't think we would need guidelines. I mean using Aceon for reference (as many of you are from Aceon) when towns where built many had farming areas, a smith, a mine, and other needs a town would have. All where suited for there area too. Not to mention towns that couldn't make or build certain things could prosper from trade. For those of you that remember the town Phyron from Aceon, it for the first month relied on food caravans from Ceaphyran and the town of Udor relied heavily on Phyron for its stone supply. Any ways I don't think we will need to worry about making towns and factions for a while since from other post I've read, we will be in the Megacity for a while.
Listen, man, humanity dreams of the stars for one reason and one reason only. Hot xeno ass. Don't fail us now.

Redbark

Quote from: DasHeadCrap on 11-10-2013
Well from what I've heard every one will be staying in the megacity. Although if a group gets like 5 or 6 people and the admins/mods allow them to make a faction and a town I don't think we would need guidelines. I mean using Aceon for reference (as many of you are from Aceon) when towns where built many had farming areas, a smith, a mine, and other needs a town would have. All where suited for there area too. Not to mention towns that couldn't make or build certain things could prosper from trade. For those of you that remember the town Phyron from Aceon, it for the first month relied on food caravans from Ceaphyran and the town of Udor relied heavily on Phyron for its stone supply. Any ways I don't think we will need to worry about making towns and factions for a while since from other post I've read, we will be in the Megacity for a while.
Ah alright then.

Syndraell

Not gonna lie, sounds like an interesting challenge.

If Edvyn allows people to group and build villages, they could follow those guidelines.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

DasHeadCrap

I'm guessing we will be able to build towns after a week or two but the problem with the last minecraft server (Aceon) was that as Edvyn said: We don't need 15 towns with 15 mayors when the server has 15 people. That said I think we will be able to build towns but we will probably need a minimum player population to keep it running. I used to run towns and since the server didn't have enough players I role-played that my towns where full of people. Still even if you role-play that it gets stupid when you're the only actual player inhabiting it.
Listen, man, humanity dreams of the stars for one reason and one reason only. Hot xeno ass. Don't fail us now.

CoolFeerman

I'm guessing we will be able to build towns after a week or two

Erm, no. Probably not.

We don't need 15 towns with 15 mayors when the server has 15 people.

Let this ring true. It'll take a while to build a substantial playerbase, so don't get your hopes up on going off and making a faction so quick. Besides, the best roleplay n' shit will be in the big city.

DasHeadCrap

Even if we are confined to the mega-city don't loose hope on making a faction and building. Now I'm not on the staff and I don't work on the map so this is just speculation BUT I bet it's possible that there could be various factions in the mega-city that would have influence over different areas. Who knows, what if some secret free mason group is meeting in the sewers (if there are any) or what if some gang is in an abandoned factory in the slums. Also on another note I like the idea of being in the mega-city as I wont have the constant fear of a giant faction army that I can't possibly beat preying on me because I'm growing to big.

Redbark

Maybe Factions can own different parts of the mega city? Own a district, etc.

DasHeadCrap

Yeah but still since we all belong to the same city it will be the government ultimately owning things. Still I would like to be able to heavily influence areas with money and gangs

CoolFeerman

Even if we are confined to the mega-city don't loose hope on making a faction and building. Now I'm not on the staff and I don't work on the map so this is just speculation BUT I bet it's possible that there could be various factions in the mega-city that would have influence over different areas. Who knows, what if some secret free mason group is meeting in the sewers (if there are any) or what if some gang is in an abandoned factory in the slums. Also on another note I like the idea of being in the mega-city as I wont have the constant fear of a giant faction army that I can't possibly beat preying on me because I'm growing to big.

Could be a good idea. Ask Ed about it.

Syndraell

I'm going to say if "Towns" built by players who don't visit often can be stripped after a time.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

dylancotter

I wouldnt focus on Factions stuff like areas and trades and Guilds and so on sure have them but make sure you dont focus entirely on them so build the city and RP then but dont limit people by district huge sprawling conspiracies are the most interesting RP Ive seen so far (That and Geccoy's Huge Ice Ball of Evil)

DasHeadCrap

Quote from: dylancotter on 26-10-2013

I wouldnt focus on Factions stuff like areas and trades and Guilds and so on sure have them but make sure you dont focus entirely on them so build the city and RP then but dont limit people by district huge sprawling conspiracies are the most interesting RP Ive seen so far (That and Geccoy's Huge Ice Ball of Evil)

Your lack of punctuation made reading your post extremely hard. WHAT, ARE, YOU, SAYING!?