While we're getting set up...

Started by CoolFeerman, 28-01-2014

CoolFeerman

While we're getting set up, try not to post a lot of topics on this board. Use this thread for inquiry, suggestion, and speculation. Me and other admins will try to answer your questions and respond to your suggestions as best we can. I will also add some description of what this is going to be in a while, after I finish working on some lore and work on the map some more. I added a description. Thanks for showing interest!

Reveris is a work-in-progress Minecraft Fantasy Roleplay server with an emphasis on player expression. Players (akin to Aceon) will be able to build their own towns and kingdoms in a moderated manner and rule them with their own choice of culture (if the leader of said kingdom/faction chooses one) and laws. Systems like magic will also be in place (more on this later). At launch, the server will start with spawn and beginning town built, with 5 races to choose from. There will not be a whitelist, but (akin to Aceon again) there will be a restriction on when and what you can build (more on this later). Certain plugins that aid in roleplay will be added also. A full admin roster (and admin creeds/ways to apply) will be added later.

The Admins that can best provide insight to recent development are as follows:
-Kid
-2ktaco

There are of course other staff members, but these have been the most in the loop.

Ragolution

2ktaco

Just steam me or something if you have questions. Steam Id is 2kburrito I think. I check my phone a lot during school hours and Im on steam at home from 4:00 to like 10:00 CST everyday.

CoolFeerman

The spawn is now being built.

CoolFeerman

If you want to help build the spawn, add details to the world, and clean up the map go ahead and reply here or PM.
My steam is feerman2010 and my name will be like, reshok or kosher or Jonathan. Spawn is about 30% done right now, and it's going kind of slow considering we have about 3 regular builders.

Certain objects were also placed too frequently, so that needs cleaning up, among other things. Details like dungeons and ruins would also add to the world, so that is being done. Any help would be appreciated. We could work out some sort of reimbursement if you really want it, maybe.

A requirement is that you're actually decent at building, and willing to listen to orders.

Also, while we're on the topic of pre-launch access, if you want to "playtest" the server (look for kinks and other weird spots that don't fit in well), but aren't really good at building, then you can go ahead and talk to me about that too.

DasHeadCrap

I've been doing a LAN serious RP world using Hexxit and I could post a few pics of the village where most of the people live as an example of building quality. If it's at least decent is there a chance I could help with building on the server? Also I've built numerous towns back on Aceon and the a few of them where actually quite appealing to the people on the server (Udorton,Rockwell). I can easily follow orders. Minecraft is fun when you set large goals and giving me a job would give me a goal to work at.
-Das
Listen, man, humanity dreams of the stars for one reason and one reason only. Hot xeno ass. Don't fail us now.

Ragolution

I don't remember Udorton or Rockwell but I do remember that you're a big fart.

CoolFeerman

Quote from: DasHeadCrap on 09-02-2014
I've been doing a LAN serious RP world using Hexxit and I could post a few pics of the village where most of the people live as an example of building quality. If it's at least decent is there a chance I could help with building on the server? Also I've built numerous towns back on Aceon and the a few of them where actually quite appealing to the people on the server (Udorton,Rockwell). I can easily follow orders. Minecraft is fun when you set large goals and giving me a job would give me a goal to work at.
-Das

Just PM me the pictures.

Quote from: Ragolution on 09-02-2014
I don't remember Udorton or Rockwell but I do remember that you're a big fart.

damn son

DasHeadCrap

Here's a link showing what I've built for my little Hamlet on my LAN world. http://imgur.com/a/o6Ksy#0
Listen, man, humanity dreams of the stars for one reason and one reason only. Hot xeno ass. Don't fail us now.

Andrew Weasley

You know I'm willing to help out with the server.
- Ange
Keep on keepin on. Lifes a garden, dig it.
Minecraft: Axxal
Steam: call_me_axx

Syndraell

Quote from: DasHeadCrap on 16-02-2014
Here's a link showing what I've built for my little Hamlet on my LAN world. http://imgur.com/a/o6Ksy#0

Damn. That's pretty good.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Andrew Weasley

Status report?

I'm also still willing to help out with forming the server. I have no pictures of my past works in Aceon but I'm sure some people will remember my bakery/restaurant, tavern, dwarven city, etc.

To contact me please PM me on the forums, I have a Steam account but can't access it due to a block on my Universities WiFi.

Syndraell

Quote from: Andrew Weasley on 08-03-2014
Status report?

I'm also still willing to help out with forming the server. I have no pictures of my past works in Aceon but I'm sure some people will remember my bakery/restaurant, tavern, dwarven city, etc.

To contact me please PM me on the forums, I have a Steam account but can't access it due to a block on my Universities WiFi.

Have you considered putting in a ticket with your university to allow it through the block?

Andrew Weasley

Quote from: James Almasy on 08-03-2014
Have you considered putting in a ticket with your university to allow it through the block?

Yessir, it blocks EVERYTHING related to gaming.

Steam, WoW, Xbox Live, PSN

All that shit

Syndraell

Quote from: Andrew Weasley on 09-03-2014
Quote from: James Almasy on 08-03-2014

Yessir, it blocks EVERYTHING related to gaming.

Steam, WoW, Xbox Live, PSN

All that shit

go grab yourself a tracphone smartphone, and grab one of the wifi enablers, like FoxFi or something.
Beats the hell out of being left out.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Andrew Weasley on 08-03-2014
Status report?

Have you tried Steam's official Community Chat?

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Andrew Weasley

Both suggestions are worth a try but it's just such a hassle compared to the fact that most other schools are run like an anti internet gaming organization.

I'm totally use to it by now. Minecraft still works for me and thats pretty fortunate.