What do you guys want from the server?

Started by CPftw, 06-10-2015

CPftw

Basically what sort of setting do you want for the server? Do you want to stick to real life or have magic (the magic system would be regulated, controlled and fairly strict)

Please pick ONE time period and your choice on fantasy/magic stuff

You can't change your vote so think carefully

The time periods are VERY general and probably wrong but get the idea across
pffft

Blake.H

English Civil War era would be good, Imagine the architecture we could do, like you can still do medieval castles which have been retrofitted and have pretty modern stuffs. Maybe adding a steam twist could work too? If we have magic it should be basic. Maybe all technology could be based around magic as the source of power?

Gee im stoned :o

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

CPftw

Hey you Guest! This is your chance to be part of creating the brand spanking new Minecraft Roleplay Server! WOW!!! You can have an active part in choosing the setting of the server, even contribute to the core lore of the world we will be creating. So take the two minutes (if that!) to make an account here at HGN! Exclamation marks to make it exciting!
BUTT WEIGHT THEY'RES MOOR!!!!
You have TWO votes for this poll remember, ONE for the time setting and ONE for the magicalness of the world. So remember to use them BOTH.
The admin and mods will be all up in this (I will at least) and (nearly) no idea is too bad to hear and consider, so feel free to let those creative juices just spray all over this thread!
pffft

Ragolution

Why not steampunk or railpunk?

Andrew Weasley

Steampunk / medieval like the good ol' days. 
Keep on keepin on. Lifes a garden, dig it.
Minecraft: Axxal
Steam: call_me_axx

Andrew Weasley

I chose fantasy but some magic but not very much because that how it was in the past. That's how it was for Aceon when it was at it's prime. Don't fix something it's not broken.

The original Minecraft during those times was amazing at providing the server with the best possible atmosphere for human-human contact which is the core necessity for role playing. We don't need crazy modifications to have an environment that encourages roleplay. We just need people who are actually motivated to invest their literal souls into a character that they are going to live as in an alternate reality. Pretty heavy shit. Therefore, I think we need an original old school way to roleplay in order to encourage the return to greatness that Aceon once was. If this doesn't make sense to anyone, then cool... me neither. If it does, then fuck yeah man.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post and yes, I'm still alive. If anyone was concerned... probably not...
Keep on keepin on. Lifes a garden, dig it.
Minecraft: Axxal
Steam: call_me_axx

Fauxnal

I would love yo see old Aceon return that would be amazing. I would play again in a heartbeat.

Syndraell

More than anything, I just want a solid playerbase.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

CPftw

So it would seem that the server will be set in a world similar to the 1700's with the barest hints at magic and fantasy! Woo! Yay! Something got decided! Only 10 people voted! Woo! So get yo' asses online and help get stuff ready :D Mods and plugins will be added soon so RP is just a few steps away! YAY! WOO!! CP IS THE BEST!!! WOO!! YEAH!!
The IP: 192.99.0.165:25565
pffft

shadowheart

Quote from: CPftw on 21-10-2015
So it would seem that the server will be set in a world similar to the 1700's with the barest hints at magic and fantasy! Woo! Yay! Something got decided! Only 10 people voted! Woo! So get yo' asses online and help get stuff ready :D Mods and plugins will be added soon so RP is just a few steps away! YAY! WOO!! CP IS THE BEST!!! WOO!! YEAH!!
The IP: 192.99.0.165:25565
When you say barest hints...?

Returning Caphori member. Some of you may remember me as Alexander Fornet, or Kilin Goldbeard.

CPftw

Quote from: shadowheart on 21-10-2015

As in magic will not be as big of an influence or as powerful as it has been in previous settings and worlds for the HGN Minecraft server
pffft

shadowheart

Quote from: CPftw on 22-10-2015
Quote from: shadowheart on 21-10-2015

As in magic will not be as big of an influence or as powerful as it has been in previous settings and worlds for the HGN Minecraft server
Will it be weaker magics, or significantly less people who are ABLE to use magic? Or both?

Returning Caphori member. Some of you may remember me as Alexander Fornet, or Kilin Goldbeard.

CPftw

Quote from: shadowheart on 22-10-2015
Will it be weaker magics, or significantly less people who are ABLE to use magic? Or both?
As of now it seems both. Though it may be magic isn't a thing people have themselves but, something that everyone can use but with different effects... if that makes any sense...
pffft

Syndraell

i'd say it'd be something like a civilization/nomadic fade.
The more civilized, the more technical you are (Understanding contraptions and shit)
The more nomadic, the more spiritual you are (Scrying, summoning, IDFK it's magic)

Although I might think that magic has it's restrictions... Like a catalyst, totem, focal point, etc to use.

shadowheart

Quote from: James Almasy on 22-10-2015
i'd say it'd be something like a civilization/nomadic fade.
The more civilized, the more technical you are (Understanding contraptions and shit)
The more nomadic, the more spiritual you are (Scrying, summoning, IDFK it's magic)

Although I might think that magic has it's restrictions... Like a catalyst, totem, focal point, etc to use.
If magic is a natural born thing, for anything like tribes perhaps it can be represented in Shamans and such, and for more civilized powers a state sanctioned Magus or something of the likes being employed? Maybe you have to be registered if you wish to practice magic legally within a state, and unregistered mages would be looked down upon and possibly hunted down?

Syndraell

Honestly, I dunno.

Magic is Magic. And I guess the Civvies would hate the Nomads?

shadowheart

Quote from: James Almasy on 22-10-2015

I actually didn't notice this last night, but an item that can be used to focus the magic through or whatever sounds good.

Edvyn

I'd like it to be set in the year 2007

Maxi96203

Quote from: Edvyn on 29-11-2015
I'd like it to be set in the year 2007
I agree. I think 2007 is a good year.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Ragolution

these are some hot memes, pal

DasHeadCrap

Victorian or Modern. Personally just to avoid the pointless *bad history* and arguments that sprung from it. I don't want to listen to people debating swords muskets and arrows. I just wanna RP. Also modernist settings would open up more possibilities with architecture, bases, and military aspects. The vast emptiness of the world in a modernist setting could be explained easily by the wonderful lore team you guys make. I don't know what you guys would think up but it could be anything from an apocalypse, time travel, colonization of a new world, or maybe we're just in the wilderness (Like what Siberia or Wyoming are to us in real life). People could build what they want, not have to argue about weaponry (because even the lowliest village idiot knows a modern gun shoots and kills things), and fun things like massive rail lines, sculptures, or elaborate ventilated underground bases could exist without the cop out "it's magic" excuse. Of course magic would be and should be incorporated because I mean come on, fantasy.

Just my two cents.
Listen, man, humanity dreams of the stars for one reason and one reason only. Hot xeno ass. Don't fail us now.

CoolFeerman

Syndraell

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 30-03-2016
this is MY baby!

Come take responsibilty for it then.

Ragolution

It was my server before it was yours, youngster.