The Fire Spheres of Magic (New Magic Rules/Guidelines)

Started by Ragolution, 31-10-2012

Ragolution

The Five Spheres of Rejire

Many years have found magic in a difficult place. Few are masters and many dabble in the Arcane Arts as freely as you or I would dabble in a hobby. Magic flows free but thin across the world and those who wield it do so with less profundity. The cosm aches with magic and lets loose its silken tapestry.

A Science in itself, Magic has been taken as a force that is finally being understood. Where ancient philosophes discussed the Omagee and the True Magicks, finally a group of Scholars known as the High Magikat, else referred to as "The Protasian Fraternity", have amassed and parsed great tomes of Magical Knowledge in order to ordain the true nature of Magic.

Each Spell has a clear and inherent drawback.

Thanks to these desert magi, Magic has been identified in its purest form and is now organized by what it effects.

The Sphere of Body

The Sphere of Body deals in any and all magics that directly enhance a living being. The truest magi of Body were forged during the last age when it was derrived that simple Mana was not the only Magic. The Sphere of Body deals in the enhancement of muscles, reflexes, magical healing, reflexes and animals.

Many reprecussions witnessed by the Sphere of Body is the usage of Blood as a somatic component or as fuel.

Some Examples of Body Magic

Reinforce - The Mage's skin becomes as tough as iron, resisting blades and bludgeons with a single cantrip. The Mage quickly comes to weigh as much as an iron statue resembling his size.

Lightning Relfexes - The Mage's muscles twitch reactively to any and all stimulus that are percieved as threatening. Lasting fifteen minutes, the caster becomes progressively more sluggish as the spell wears off until he is completely unable to move an hour later.

Skinmend - A golden glow shimmers around the Mage's hand, sewing together any damaged flesh or marks on the skin while draining drops of blood from the mage.

The Sphere of Nature

The Sphere of Nature deals in the growth and regrowth of plant life, as well as natural healing and all things that deal with plants and savagery. Nature Magi often are called "Druids" or "Shaman" our of archaic terminology used before the Omagee. A Druid often dabbles in Natural Healing and professes in controlling plant life, simple animals, as well as conjuring and creating new plant life on a whim. Druids are also often know to maniuplate  all of the 'natural' elements of the world. Light, Heat, Ice, Wind, Lightning and so on.

Many reprecussions in the Nature Sphere have to do with a living plant as a somatic component or another small piece of the element to amplify or enlarge. (Ex. A spark, a snowflake, a raindrop, a pebble.) Other spells are directly harmful to their caster.

Some Examples of Nature Magic

Firebolt - Using a small piece of flint and a runed parchment, the Mage magnifies a small spark into a fireball the size of a peach and hurls it at high speeds. Many Mages wear gloves to avoid scorching their hands.

Plant Growth - Using a pile of glowstone dust, The Mage imbues a creature or plant with a gout of energy, allowing the target to perform photosynthesis or metabolize and increasing the rate at which it heals naturally.

Sunstrike - Ripping energy from the sun, the Mage funnels a beam of pure heat and scours the target in a small 2-foot radius from above. In order to use this spell, it must be daytime and the sun must be visible. (It cannot be raining).

The Sphere of the Mind

The Sphere of the Mind only devotes itself to the manipulations of the mind, commonly called Psychic actions. Mind Mages often are defined by their ability to lift objects or manipulate. substances with merely a thought. Mind Mages are limited in their ability due to the fact that Mind Magic cannot change material substances.

Mind Magi are known for their ability to banish Spirits or Ghosts but cannot interact with the material plane, shy of lifting objects.

Some Examples of Mind Magic

Erase - The Mage manipulates the target's mind in order to eliminate some small detail of a memory they retain. (Ex. Can't remember a person's face, color of a flower, etc)

Lift - The mage manipulates a physical object weighing no more than what they could physically lift and is able to make it levitate up to their height at will. The mage may also ride the object if carefully done.

Slake - The subject of this spell does not feel thirst for 24 hours, although they still may be physically thirsty or dehydrated.

The Sphere of the Soul

The Sphere of the Soul resounds strongly with those who worship a god or a diety as the origin of faith were finally discovered. Though many devout deny it, the Sphere of Soul is known as "Prayer". Those who worship the Soul are one of two things: Barbarians who are truely at tune with their own soul or Acolytes who are attuned with a Godsoul. A Godsoul is an entity invented when a Religion is first born and the place from which Soul Magic is derrived. Each Godsoul has a limited capacity for magic and will often manifest the same spells within different people. It is known that this Sphere can take many uncommon forms but the most common mimic the tenants of a faith.

A Godsoul and a Barbaric Soul cannot be a reliable theurge, but their potency is unmatched.

Some Examples of Soul Magic

Purge - The subject of this spell is purged of all unbodily contaminents such as poison, disease, or alcohol. The subject immediately vomits up all of these toxins as the body is cleansed. This spell only works on half of its subjects, as the God of Redemption is fickle.

Sanctify - For between five minutes and two hours, an area of 3 yards around the caster is annealed by Divine Leylines. Strands of golden energy float around the sanctified area, harming any being with evil or harmful intentions and restricting their movements.

Curse - You submit the target for review by the God of Death. Your god considers whether or not it is the subject's time to die and will inform you as such. If it is time for the person to die, Death's avatar will appear and strike them down.

I'll do the 5th Sphere after. I'm trying to think of a good way to describe it.

SteelRonin

No summoning? 

im going to be a Demon samurai which summons shadow samurai with no faces (or atleast i want to be)

Edvyn

Quote from: SteelRonin on 07-11-2012
No summoning? 

im going to be a Demon samurai which summons shadow samurai with no faces (or atleast i want to be)

SteelRonin

It does actually have a proper backstory, it isnt just: LOL DEMON LOL

Edvyn

Quote from: SteelRonin on 07-11-2012
It does actually have a proper backstory, it isnt just: LOL DEMON LOL

Bl★ck Star

Well, that's it for my mage char, the magic trees are not very appealing for me so far.

Edvyn

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 07-11-2012
Well, that's it for my mage char, the magic trees are not very appealing for me so far.

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Edvyn on 07-11-2012
Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 07-11-2012

>mfw reading Op post