The Aceon Rail Road

Started by braindawgs66, 09-04-2011

braindawgs66

Hello there fellow miners!

I have a proposition for you, in due time we will be constructing a railroad which will quickly take you around the most popular areas of Aceon. It will consist of booster tracks, so no need for powerd minecarts, and i stations along the line. However we will need all the help we can get to create this much needed railroad.
Do not ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country!

CryogenicManga

I'll we are in this together SUPER HOMIES UNITE -  CryogenicManga :P

braindawgs66

I agree! SUPER HOMIES UNITE!
Do not ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country!

Ragolution

That's dumb.

Do a subway.

There's less overrun costs for going over terrain when you can just plow through it.

Just dig fairly deep.

braindawgs66

thats what i ment.... also i dont appreciate you calling my ideas dumb im just trying to benifit the server.

Ragolution

You obviously have no respect for my brand of comedy or no realization of its fluidity.

Don't jump the gun, just take everything with a grain of salt.

Had I wanted to insult you I could do much worse.

braindawgs66

respect for your brand of comedy, what comedy? Oh great your going to start insulting over the internet, nice one.

Ragolution

Quote from: braindawgs66 on 09-04-2011
respect for your brand of comedy, what comedy? Oh great your going to start insulting over the internet, nice one.

You are a witless cur.
You basically ignored what I said and decided to invoke a flame war.
Stop looking for conflict, because contrary to popular opinion, you wont find it with me.

If you do build the subway, you're going to have a hell of a time excavating everything. Worldedit is still broken and TNT is disabled.

Zstan

Quote from: Ragolution on 09-04-2011

You are a witless cur.
Stop looking for conflict, because contrary to popular opinion, you wont find it with me.

If you do build the subway, you're going to have a hell of a time excavating everything. Worldedit is still broken and TNT is disabled.

World Edit is not broken. The wand just doesn't work.

Ragolution

Quote from: Zstan on 09-04-2011
Quote from: Ragolution on 09-04-2011

You are a witless cur.

World Edit is not broken. The wand just doesn't work.

IMO the most useful part.

OldManRikdo

I would be willing to donate iron for the tracks and carts, contact me in game, I'll see what I can come up with.

geccoy

It seems redundant to put this in, as theres already enough griefing. If we put one in, it would be easier to get around, especially if it went to major cities.

braindawgs66

i agree geccoy, i think we should wait until Aceon has more destinations for people to travel to :)

Ragolution

Quote from: braindawgs66 on 13-04-2011
i agree geccoy, i think we should wait until Aceon has more destinations for people to travel to :)

Or we can wait until there's a preliminary/trial server, which is actually an awesome idea.

Hessen

This is a horrible idea in my personal opinon. I will not allow your railroad to be attached to the imperial city, Its a all server tour of the major locations for greifers.
BURN THE HERETICS!

braindawgs66

calm down! its just an idea! fucking hell

Hessen

calm down! its just an idea! fucking hell

Yes it is an idea braindawgs but you have to understand that first you must out your idea through a long series of critisism and gain support before ou can run off and make something like this.

A project like this would take an UNHOLY ammount of time by normal standards so you would have to use world edit a depth of 40 y.

And one last thing, just because someone doesnt agree to your idea does not mean you have to get sensative over it. you make the needed improvments and if it becomes a messy idea (an idea that has been changed so much its just better to restart) You simply start over with a better much more thought out idea.

For example Suggesting a private link between cities that no one else knows about such as the one the imperial city and sharrocks dwarfs city share (over 1000 cube x and 500 cube z tunnel) that is a better idea instead of making a public transit system.
BURN THE HERETICS!

braindawgs66

i like critisisim, it can make an idea even better, but still i wasnt going to do anything until i have support behind me, and do know what im really not botherd about doing anymore because it seems every time i express an idea people have a go at me.

Hessen

i like critisisim, it can make an idea even better, but still i wasnt going to do anything until i have support behind me, and do know what im really not botherd about doing anymore because it seems every time i express an idea people have a go at me.

Because you need to word your ideas better, you came off as if you knew we were going to give you instant support. Present REASO to do so past "I dont feel like walking over a mountain". Give an IC reason for doing so. for example the imperials are at war with zstans dwarfs why would I link a direct tunnel to their capital? Thats literally the single worst idea EVER.
BURN THE HERETICS!

Ragolution

Quote from: Hessen on 13-04-2011
For example Suggesting a private link between cities that no one else knows about such as the one the imperial city and sharrocks dwarfs city share (over 1000 cube x and 500 cube z tunnel) that is a better idea instead of making a public transit system.

Aaaaand now it's not a secret.

Demonizer877

I don't mean to be a nuisance but he is not angry because you criticised him he is angry because you basically used melicious words to slate his ideas. Telling someone that they have "the single worst idea EVER" does not make someone take your comment lightly it makes them angry at you. Most people will not take your comments in as they are not used to people describing their ideas as shit. A good way to phrase it would be "this is not a good idea because..." I myself would be pissed if you commented on an idea I had and made reasonable statements then adding "BTW this is a shit idea" at the end. The forum is made so people can spread ideas and bring up notifications. By commenting like you and some others are you are discouraging people from bringing up their own ideas on the forums. You may take melicious comments as a joke but most people take these sort of comments to heart. I'm not trying to have a go at you im merely attempting to help you so you don't make the same mistake twice, if this offends you I apologise.
Awesomeness is the best trait one can have

Paintcheck

Holy shit a MC player who isn't a raging 12 year old. About time we saw some change.

Bfranx

Quote from: Paintcheck on 14-04-2011
Holy shit a MC player who isn't a raging 12 year old. About time we saw some change.

you are an ass....
Authority does not grant maturity.
Power cannot replace ignorance.

Paintcheck

Sticks and stones may break my bones but raging 12 year olds will only amuse me.