Potions = Drinks

Started by meldin, 07-10-2011

meldin

i was thinking since there isn't really anything we can use for drinks, we could use the potions from 1.9 as beer, wine, ale, etc.

OldManRikdo

I was thinking they would be sold by alchemists / medicae, but i could see it working as that too..

Edvyn

Well, to solve the problem, both tavernkeepers and medicae could have alchemy access, but tavernkeepers would be more restricted in what they could make - Certain spectacular potions would be closed off to them, maybe basic strength buffing potions could be a beer substitute, something like that. However, health potions and whatnot would not be sold by tavernkeepers, as they would be medicine.

Demonizer877

Medics/Doctors/Surgeons and any other form of will likely have access to any potion to do with health, except the ones that poison you. Alchemists will have potions that affect physical performance e.g. speed and strength. These potions will likely cost quite a bit and cause controversy. For drinks you could easily just do it IC but if you have to, use the potions that don't do anything e.g. Useless potion and Awkward potion. Just don't abuse the potion privilige by metagaming with them. Half the time the potions make you hit a bit harder unless you have the really strong stuff, so don't go around thinking you're the hulk. I'm sure Port already has a plan though to stop potion meta.
Awesomeness is the best trait one can have

RanmaChan

Quote from: Demonizer877 on 08-10-2011
Medics/Doctors/Surgeons and any other form of will likely have access to any potion to do with health, except the ones that poison you. Alchemists will have potions that affect physical performance e.g. speed and strength. These potions will likely cost quite a bit and cause controversy. For drinks you could easily just do it IC but if you have to, use the potions that don't do anything e.g. Useless potion and Awkward potion. Just don't abuse the potion privilige by metagaming with them. Half the time the potions make you hit a bit harder unless you have the really strong stuff, so don't go around thinking you're the hulk. I'm sure Port already has a plan though to stop potion meta.

Medics/Doctors/Surgeons are classed as 'Alchemist', which is called in game terms Medicae.  Medicae are doctors, surgeons, medics, and alchemists.
Tavernkeeper/Inkeeper have been put together into one class as well.

Remember, with DayJobs me and Port can create job classes and restrict and allow certain items for each class.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."