Portkins' Garbage Bin

Started by Ragolution, 12-07-2011

gamerlord97

Quote from: RanmaChan on 27-03-2012
Quote from: gamerlord97 on 27-03-2012
I cannot connect, even with Spoutcraft, anyone else having this trouble?

Yes, the server is still down, I am going to get Silver to restart it.
Oh, okay, status thing says up, so I was confused...

RanmaChan

That thing has been proven not to work a long time ago, try not to trust it too much.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

gamerlord97

That thing has been proven not to work a long time ago, try not to trust it too much.
Alright

gamerlord97

If the format was what you are referring to, I fixed that up, if its something about the particular spells, I like my currently listed spells.

CPftw

Server back up!!!!!!!!
Thank you, Silver/Port
pffft

CPftw

Keep on voting guys! We can make it to the first page!
Two weeks of EVERYONE voting once a DAY and we can be there.
pffft

Totsalot

Minecraft Account:Totsalot
Mage's Name:Chaedi Ashbrook
Mage Type: Not really a mage...
Mantra: Nature
Spells/Powers: Well, since I have the Mo' Creatures mod installed, I'm glitching and seeing animals other people cant. I just thought I could take advantage of that and say IC I can talk to them. So, pretty much, I can talk to invisible spirits.

Ragolution

Quote from: Totsalot on 29-03-2012
Minecraft Account:Totsalot
Mage's Name:Chaedi Ashbrook
Mage Type: Not really a mage...
Mantra: Nature
Spells/Powers: Well, since I have the Mo' Creatures mod installed, I'm glitching and seeing animals other people cant. I just thought I could take advantage of that and say IC I can talk to them. So, pretty much, I can talk to invisible spirits.

Imaginary Freinds approved.

Demonizer877

Quote from: RanmaChan on 25-03-2012
Quote from: Demonizer877 on 23-03-2012
Minecraft account: Demonizer877

Mage's name: Elsdin Betula

Mage type: Sorcerer

Mantra type: Mind

Spells/Powers: Unlike most sorcerer's, Elsdin does not rely on a tome in order to carry forth his spells. Because he is a weld he has instead diverted and fused his spells to the welden language and mental thought. The more powerful the spell, the longer the casting time for his mind to be able to amplify his thought patterns. The most powerful spell that Elsdin can use takes 20 seconds of careful mental thought in order to cast.

He starts off with a pool of 100 mana which he can rejuvenate each day by meditating:

Emotion Amplify: Elsdin can amplify the emotions of others, he uses his own mind to infiltrate theirs and make whatever emotion they are feeling currently, much stronger. It will however only amplify the strongest emotion they are feeling at the time. For instance if they are happy they will become extremely happy and if they are angry they will likely become more angry and want to take action. The spell takes five seconds to pronounce in welden before he is able to cast it and he is able to cast it on a maximum of three people at once.

It is up to the other person/people whether or not the spell works 10/20/30 mana, 10 per person affected.

Levitation: Being a weld, Elsdin is better at levitating natural materials when using this spell on objects. The singular object has to be loose and not stuck in the ground for Elsdin to be able to lift it and can be no larger than one metre squared in size for him to be able to lift it and move it around without it needing physical guidance from his own arms. Big objects he levitates can only be up to three meters squared overall.  For each metre squared the object is, it costs 10 points of mana to lift.  If the object is not naturally forming it will cost him double the mana to lift it.

10/20/30 x2 if the object is not natural.

Projectile Throw: Elsdin can conjure up his own projectile which takes longer, or use a previously levitated object as a projectile. Elsdin can conjure up his own projectiles that look like balls of green energy and float in the air. Unfortunately they are always the size of his fists and take twenty seconds each to conjure. He can only conjure a maximum of five within a day and when he throws them with his mind they travel at high speeds. If they do hit the intended target the projectiles drain the strength of the target, causing them to feel weaker. They will feel 20% weaker and if they are using magic they may lose concentration for a second.

For non-conjured items they will need to be levitated first and once they are in the air the speed they travel at when thrown will be dependant on the weight of the item and how streamlined it is. An item above one metre squared object would be forced to travel to the target in an arc.

15 mana for each magical projectile conjured and thrown.
10 mana to throw an already levitated non-magical object.

Mind Barrier: Elsdin can make a physical barrier just using his concentration. This barrier can only be a meter wide but can be moved as long as Elsdin keeps his concentration up. It takes all his concentration to conjure as it can hold back most physical attacks. The barrier can only be broken with constant pressure put against it such as someone constantly hitting it with a sword or a strong blast of magic put against it. It has the appearance of wavering air. If it is broken before Elsdin stops the spell, he loses 20 mana. The spell on its own takes constant concentration to uphold and after saying some words in weld he can conjure it.

10 mana initial casting cost, 10 mana every minute the barrier stays up, 20 mana lost if the barrier breaks rather than being let down.

Telepathy: Elsdin is able to communicate to someone telepathically via a twenty second long spell. The spell let's out a slight breeze centering on Elsdin when he casts it. After casting the spell he cannot cast it for another hour.

The spell take 10 mana per word with a maximum of 100 mana for an entire message

Hallucinations: Elsdin is able to draw off a persons fear and presents it for them in an illusion format. This spell does not however need Elsdins personal concentration as he simply creates the start of the fear which takes 10 seconds to do. After which only the person who the hallucination is being targeted at, can break the illusion. Fearing the illusion makes it look fiercer and it becomes more real. The longer the person fears it, the further it will fuse into reality. It can never fully enter reality, but to the person it will scare them further. The only way to break the hallucination is to realise it is not real and ignore it (usually found out through touch). The longer you ignore it the further it shrinks into nothingness. However it takes a full minute for the illusion to dissipate into nothing from the start of ignoring it

40 mana

Mind easing: Elsdin can ease the minds of those who have suffered deep traumatic injury of the mind or those whose memories have been suppressed. He can never fully repair the mind but he can ease it to either calm the person down or let them think more clearly. Either way, the mind will never be repaired fully unless the person themselves finds the source of the trauma such as an old fear they need to face. This spell takes constant concentration from Elsdin. Cutting the spell short can cause damage to the persons mind if Elsdin is not willing himself to take a personal side effect of being drained physically.

30 mana (this spell relies on the person being willing to let Elsdin enter their mind)

Well since Port isn't responding to this, ill give it another go despite already discussing it with you via PM.  The only changes that I can see being made are outlined in red.

I accept these changes because I forgot to before.
Awesomeness is the best trait one can have

RanmaChan

Quote from: Demonizer877 on 30-03-2012
Quote from: RanmaChan on 25-03-2012
Quote from: Demonizer877 on 23-03-2012
Minecraft account: Demonizer877

Mage's name: Elsdin Betula

Mage type: Sorcerer

Mantra type: Mind

Spells/Powers: Unlike most sorcerer's, Elsdin does not rely on a tome in order to carry forth his spells. Because he is a weld he has instead diverted and fused his spells to the welden language and mental thought. The more powerful the spell, the longer the casting time for his mind to be able to amplify his thought patterns. The most powerful spell that Elsdin can use takes 20 seconds of careful mental thought in order to cast.

He starts off with a pool of 100 mana which he can rejuvenate each day by meditating:

Emotion Amplify: Elsdin can amplify the emotions of others, he uses his own mind to infiltrate theirs and make whatever emotion they are feeling currently, much stronger. It will however only amplify the strongest emotion they are feeling at the time. For instance if they are happy they will become extremely happy and if they are angry they will likely become more angry and want to take action. The spell takes five seconds to pronounce in welden before he is able to cast it and he is able to cast it on a maximum of three people at once.

It is up to the other person/people whether or not the spell works 10/20/30 mana, 10 per person affected.

Levitation: Being a weld, Elsdin is better at levitating natural materials when using this spell on objects. The singular object has to be loose and not stuck in the ground for Elsdin to be able to lift it and can be no larger than one metre squared in size for him to be able to lift it and move it around without it needing physical guidance from his own arms. Big objects he levitates can only be up to three meters squared overall.  For each metre squared the object is, it costs 10 points of mana to lift.  If the object is not naturally forming it will cost him double the mana to lift it.

10/20/30 x2 if the object is not natural.

Projectile Throw: Elsdin can conjure up his own projectile which takes longer, or use a previously levitated object as a projectile. Elsdin can conjure up his own projectiles that look like balls of green energy and float in the air. Unfortunately they are always the size of his fists and take twenty seconds each to conjure. He can only conjure a maximum of five within a day and when he throws them with his mind they travel at high speeds. If they do hit the intended target the projectiles drain the strength of the target, causing them to feel weaker. They will feel 20% weaker and if they are using magic they may lose concentration for a second.

For non-conjured items they will need to be levitated first and once they are in the air the speed they travel at when thrown will be dependant on the weight of the item and how streamlined it is. An item above one metre squared object would be forced to travel to the target in an arc.

15 mana for each magical projectile conjured and thrown.
10 mana to throw an already levitated non-magical object.

Mind Barrier: Elsdin can make a physical barrier just using his concentration. This barrier can only be a meter wide but can be moved as long as Elsdin keeps his concentration up. It takes all his concentration to conjure as it can hold back most physical attacks. The barrier can only be broken with constant pressure put against it such as someone constantly hitting it with a sword or a strong blast of magic put against it. It has the appearance of wavering air. If it is broken before Elsdin stops the spell, he loses 20 mana. The spell on its own takes constant concentration to uphold and after saying some words in weld he can conjure it.

10 mana initial casting cost, 10 mana every minute the barrier stays up, 20 mana lost if the barrier breaks rather than being let down.

Telepathy: Elsdin is able to communicate to someone telepathically via a twenty second long spell. The spell let's out a slight breeze centering on Elsdin when he casts it. After casting the spell he cannot cast it for another hour.

The spell take 10 mana per word with a maximum of 100 mana for an entire message

Hallucinations: Elsdin is able to draw off a persons fear and presents it for them in an illusion format. This spell does not however need Elsdins personal concentration as he simply creates the start of the fear which takes 10 seconds to do. After which only the person who the hallucination is being targeted at, can break the illusion. Fearing the illusion makes it look fiercer and it becomes more real. The longer the person fears it, the further it will fuse into reality. It can never fully enter reality, but to the person it will scare them further. The only way to break the hallucination is to realise it is not real and ignore it (usually found out through touch). The longer you ignore it the further it shrinks into nothingness. However it takes a full minute for the illusion to dissipate into nothing from the start of ignoring it

40 mana

Mind easing: Elsdin can ease the minds of those who have suffered deep traumatic injury of the mind or those whose memories have been suppressed. He can never fully repair the mind but he can ease it to either calm the person down or let them think more clearly. Either way, the mind will never be repaired fully unless the person themselves finds the source of the trauma such as an old fear they need to face. This spell takes constant concentration from Elsdin. Cutting the spell short can cause damage to the persons mind if Elsdin is not willing himself to take a personal side effect of being drained physically.

30 mana (this spell relies on the person being willing to let Elsdin enter their mind)

Well since Port isn't responding to this, ill give it another go despite already discussing it with you via PM.  The only changes that I can see being made are outlined in red.

I accept these changes because I forgot to before.

CPftw

Sorry to double post but I cant connect...
pffft

RanmaChan

Quote from: CPftw on 30-03-2012

I am on the server right now.  Did you upgrade your Minecraft/Spoutcraft client?  Don't do it.

CoolFeerman

Quote from: RanmaChan on 30-03-2012
Quote from: CPftw on 30-03-2012

I am on the server right now.  Did you upgrade your Minecraft/Spoutcraft client?  Don't do it.

Well maybe that's my damn problem. Now what.
But I still can't connect with my regular minecraft 1.1 client.

RanmaChan

I don't know what it is.  Me, Lachance, Demon, and Avol are all on.

Kokkaku Kishu

imma have to agree with feer. it wont work for me and im even using spoutcraft

CPftw

Soooo... Anyway to get back on if you may have possibly updated your client?...
pffft

RanmaChan

Try to find a way to download the old version of the client?

Wolfie

Maybe MCnet is down? It sounds like it.
I'm Wolfie, snd this is my sig... Uummm... FUUURR TEEHH EEMMPUUHRER!

===== FRP charcaters =====

Guan- Your favorite Chinese scavenger, has a obsession with rumors of the Shi, as well as combat knives.

Tiberius- The annoying gear-lover.

gamerlord97

Quin, anything particularly wrong with my app? I'm close to getting a hotspot, so I want to get this accepted before I get back on.

RanmaChan

Quote from: gamerlord97 on 30-03-2012
Quin, anything particularly wrong with my app? I'm close to getting a hotspot, so I want to get this accepted before I get back on.

Yeah, diversify your spells, you can't have a 'heal' spell.  Also, explain the Regenerative Aura.

gamerlord97

CoolFeerman

So, I tried going into the options and hit "choose build manually" but I couldn't figure that out. I'll try to look for an old version of the .jar later, but I cleared the cache and it didn't help downloading again. All in all I'm getting the "Took to long to log in" messages, but if I find an old version of the .jar for spoutcraft I'll leave the link here.

RanmaChan

Quote from: gamerlord97 on 25-03-2012
Minecraft Account: gamerlord979797
Mage's Name: Ze'rras Arriscol Mage Type: Ritualist
Mantra: Life
Spells/Powers:  Begins each day with 100 mana, which is regenerated by resting.

Heal Wounds (Minor):  Heals flesh wounds quickly, minor cuts, scrapes, etc.  Requires physical contact, 30 seconds to gather the energies, and another 10 seconds of contact to channel them into the target.
10 Mana.

Heal Wounds (Medium):  Is able to heal large cuts, gashes, and bruises, among other things. *Add more to this Gamer*

Heal Wounds (Major):  Is able to heal severely deep cuts, broken bones, and organ damage. *Add more to this Gamer*

Re-Attach Limb:  Only works on wounds that are recent.  If an appendage is removed, the use of this spell can re-attach it.  The lost appendage is required, you cannot re-grow an entire body part, it has to be magically re-attached to be healed. *Add more to this Gamer*

Regenerative Aura: Cast a healing aura that accelerates the natural healing of a life form exponentially, allowing for a living being to heal themselves quiclky without sustained proximity to Ze'rras. Requires 10 minutes to gather the energies, and  15 seconds of physical contact to channel them. The aura can be charged to last 30, 60, or 90 seconds.
5,10,15 Mana
What do you by this?  An aura would mean they HAVE to be in a sustained proximity to you, that is what an aura is.

Stop Pain: Stop the pain of the target, and numbs them to further pain, allowing for anything from an easy treatment to a comfortable death. This spell requires 30 seconds of preparation and constant physical contact.
10 Mana initial cost, followed by 10 Mana per minute.

Sense Wounds: Allows the caster to sense the wounds of a target. Requires contact. Requires one minute to prepare, and gives an instant sense of the status of the target's body.
10 Mana

Cure: Removes a non-magical disease or poison from the target, requires 5 minutes of preparation, and 2 minutes to channel into the target. In the event of attempting to use this spell on a magical disease or poison, there is a chance that Ze'rras will suffer the effects of the disease or poison, without actually having it in his system. *Where is the mana cost?*

Restore Life: Able to bring the near dead back, but only if they are able to resist death themselves, those who are on their last breaths will only gain a few moments more. The spell is very powerful, and as such it requires most of Ze'rass's mana, as well as a powerful artifact from the three plains(Ender Pearl, Ghast Tear, and a Diamond). This spell requires a full 15 minutes to prepare. and then 30 seconds to channel. This spell  puts Ze'rras is a weakened state for 30 minutes and can only be cast once per day. *If you didn't have the underlined part there I would have removed this spell, still, use it wisely.*
75 mana

CoolFeerman

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 30-03-2012
So, I tried going into the options and hit "choose build manually" but I couldn't figure that out. I'll try to look for an old version of the .jar later, but I cleared the cache and it didn't help downloading again. All in all I'm getting the "Took to long to log in" messages, but if I find an old version of the .jar for spoutcraft I'll leave the link here.

HEY HEY I FIGURED SOMETHING OUT.
What version of Minecraft is the server running on?

Kokkaku Kishu

HEY HEY I FIGURED SOMETHING OUT.
What version of Minecraft is the server running on?
the upper 1.1 on the option