Portkins' Garbage Bin

Started by Ragolution, 12-07-2011

Steven :D

Quote from: Ragolution on 22-03-2012
Quote from: CoolFeerman on 22-03-2012
The server is somewhat unique, I'd say. The people are very fun and (mostly) good at what they do. There's crazy, hilarity, seriousness, war, love, peace, marriage, and so much stuff. You can do anything within moderation, and the experiences are as real as they'd get, I'd reckon. The land is big and unique (somehow Aceon gets the best maps) and the people shape it to fit in with RP. The buildings that some people do are awesome, the Dwarves entering place is pretty cool, Viosk reminds me of one of those villages in WC3, the Ents are gay, and on and on.

The lore isn't unique, really but with millions of people playing minecraft and probably thousands of RP servers, unique ideas are slim. But, anyways the lore is fitting to Aceon, and the events that we sometimes have are always fun and enjoyable to participate in. The system for administration makes it so competent people that won't abuse the system get put into mod status, etc etc. The BR system is very easy yet it shows that you want to be on the server, and care enough to RP before being able to build. The Magic system that our confusing god Port made is very interesting and immersive, you have to be careful what you pick because there is a thin line between OP and Just right.

All in all Aceon is as good as any server out there, better I'd say. The only thing we lack is custom plugins, but the plugins we do have are very well handled.

Oh, and when we change maps it's sometimes chaotic, but within a day or two everyone is settled in, it's fun!

Hope to see you soon.

you forgot to add that we don't have a subscription fee (like some MC servers)
Maybe I'll try Aceon again, since I can punch wood now.

CoolFeerman

Quote from: RanmaChan on 23-03-2012
Quote from: Superblackbiker on 23-03-2012
Off for two days without a computer, I'll be back Sunday night (two nights from whatever day it is now for you). Have a nice weekend, chaps  8)

But what will Viosk do without your guidance?!?!
Take care Super.  :)

D:<

Mr_Squirrel

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 23-03-2012
Quote from: RanmaChan on 23-03-2012
Quote from: Superblackbiker on 23-03-2012
Off for two days without a computer, I'll be back Sunday night (two nights from whatever day it is now for you). Have a nice weekend, chaps  8)

But what will Viosk do without your guidance?!?!
Take care Super.  :)

D:<
Feer, I think your 50 year-old man would be too busy chasing after Cirno then to guide the city.

Braydent30

Why'd I decide to get banned (and Roo leave) when Feer of all people comes back? If he's a 50 year old man going after Cirno, me and Roo need to cock-block him...

*edit* You are french, Mla. YOU ARE FRENCH!

Mr_Squirrel

Quote from: Braydent30 on 23-03-2012
Why'd I decide to get banned (and Roo leave) when Feer of all people comes back? If he's a 50 year old man going after Cirno, me and Roo need to cock-block him...

Don't worry Bray, I am trying my best to. And no I am not.

CoolFeerman

For some reason I feel you don't like me.
And if I was chasing after any girl in Viosk it'd be Floof.
I'm just being honest.

Mr_Squirrel

I'm just being honest.
It is my duty to keep you away from every girl. So...stay away, Feer >:3

CPftw

Double posting and I dont care... We are on page 2 now lets get it up to page one guys
pffft

jaik

Got to register now :L.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Ragolution

Quote from: Mr_Squirrel on 24-03-2012

I'm just being honest.
It is my duty to keep you away from every girl. So...stay away, Feer <3

Such is the duty of a girl's gay freind.

Mr_Squirrel

Quote from: Ragolution on 24-03-2012

I'm just being honest.

Thanks.

Ragolution

I'm just being honest.

Such is the duty the gayest person on the server.

Thanks.

Don't sweat it.

Mr_Squirrel

I'm just being honest.

Thanks.

Don't sweat it.
Curse you and your admin powers. *shakes fist*

CPftw

Can't connect...
pffft

MakoNendrak

RanmaChan

I will try to look into the problem.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

RanmaChan

Quote from: Demonizer877 on 23-03-2012
Minecraft account: Demonizer877

Mage's name: Elsdin Betula

Mage type: Sorcerer

Mantra type: Mind

Spells/Powers: Unlike most sorcerer's, Elsdin does not rely on a tome in order to carry forth his spells. Because he is a weld he has instead diverted and fused his spells to the welden language and mental thought. The more powerful the spell, the longer the casting time for his mind to be able to amplify his thought patterns. The most powerful spell that Elsdin can use takes 20 seconds of careful mental thought in order to cast.

He starts off with a pool of 100 mana which he can rejuvenate each day by meditating:

Emotion Amplify: Elsdin can amplify the emotions of others, he uses his own mind to infiltrate theirs and make whatever emotion they are feeling currently, much stronger. It will however only amplify the strongest emotion they are feeling at the time. For instance if they are happy they will become extremely happy and if they are angry they will likely become more angry and want to take action. The spell takes five seconds to pronounce in welden before he is able to cast it and he is able to cast it on a maximum of three people at once.

It is up to the other person/people whether or not the spell works 10/20/30 mana, 10 per person affected.

Levitation: Being a weld, Elsdin is better at levitating natural materials when using this spell on objects. The singular object has to be loose and not stuck in the ground for Elsdin to be able to lift it and can be no larger than one metre squared in size for him to be able to lift it and move it around without it needing physical guidance from his own arms. Big objects he levitates can only be up to three meters squared overall.  For each metre squared the object is, it costs 10 points of mana to lift.  If the object is not naturally forming it will cost him double the mana to lift it.

10/20/30 x2 if the object is not natural.

Projectile Throw: Elsdin can conjure up his own projectile which takes longer, or use a previously levitated object as a projectile. Elsdin can conjure up his own projectiles that look like balls of green energy and float in the air. Unfortunately they are always the size of his fists and take twenty seconds each to conjure. He can only conjure a maximum of five within a day and when he throws them with his mind they travel at high speeds. If they do hit the intended target the projectiles drain the strength of the target, causing them to feel weaker. They will feel 20% weaker and if they are using magic they may lose concentration for a second.

For non-conjured items they will need to be levitated first and once they are in the air the speed they travel at when thrown will be dependant on the weight of the item and how streamlined it is. An item above one metre squared object would be forced to travel to the target in an arc.

15 mana for each magical projectile conjured and thrown.
10 mana to throw an already levitated non-magical object.

Mind Barrier: Elsdin can make a physical barrier just using his concentration. This barrier can only be a meter wide but can be moved as long as Elsdin keeps his concentration up. It takes all his concentration to conjure as it can hold back most physical attacks. The barrier can only be broken with constant pressure put against it such as someone constantly hitting it with a sword or a strong blast of magic put against it. It has the appearance of wavering air. If it is broken before Elsdin stops the spell, he loses 20 mana. The spell on its own takes constant concentration to uphold and after saying some words in weld he can conjure it.

10 mana initial casting cost, 10 mana every minute the barrier stays up, 20 mana lost if the barrier breaks rather than being let down.

Telepathy: Elsdin is able to communicate to someone telepathically via a twenty second long spell. The spell let's out a slight breeze centering on Elsdin when he casts it. After casting the spell he cannot cast it for another hour.

The spell take 10 mana per word with a maximum of 100 mana for an entire message

Hallucinations: Elsdin is able to draw off a persons fear and presents it for them in an illusion format. This spell does not however need Elsdins personal concentration as he simply creates the start of the fear which takes 10 seconds to do. After which only the person who the hallucination is being targeted at, can break the illusion. Fearing the illusion makes it look fiercer and it becomes more real. The longer the person fears it, the further it will fuse into reality. It can never fully enter reality, but to the person it will scare them further. The only way to break the hallucination is to realise it is not real and ignore it (usually found out through touch). The longer you ignore it the further it shrinks into nothingness. However it takes a full minute for the illusion to dissipate into nothing from the start of ignoring it

40 mana

Mind easing: Elsdin can ease the minds of those who have suffered deep traumatic injury of the mind or those whose memories have been suppressed. He can never fully repair the mind but he can ease it to either calm the person down or let them think more clearly. Either way, the mind will never be repaired fully unless the person themselves finds the source of the trauma such as an old fear they need to face. This spell takes constant concentration from Elsdin. Cutting the spell short can cause damage to the persons mind if Elsdin is not willing himself to take a personal side effect of being drained physically.

30 mana (this spell relies on the person being willing to let Elsdin enter their mind)

Well since Port isn't responding to this, ill give it another go despite already discussing it with you via PM.  The only changes that I can see being made are outlined in red.

RanmaChan

Quote from: gamerlord97 on 25-03-2012
Minecraft Account: gamerlord979797Mage's Name: Ze'rras Arriscol Mage Type: RitualistMantra: LifeSpells/Powers: Heal Wounds, heals flesh wounds quickly, requires physical contact. Requires 15 seconds to gather the
energies,and another 10 seconds of contact to channel them into the target.
20 Mana

Regenerative Aura: Cast a healing aura that accelerates the natural healing of a life form exponentially. Requires 20
seconds to gather the energies, and  15 of physical contact to channel them. The aura can be charged to last 30, 60, or
90 seconds.
30,60,90 mana
Stop Pain: Stop the pain of the target, and numbs them to further pain, allowing for anything from an easy treatment to a
comfortable death. This spell requires 30 seconds of preparation and constant physical contact.
10 mana initial cost, followed by 10 mana per minute.

Sense Wounds: Allows the caster to sense the wounds of a target. Requires contact. Requires 30 seconds to prepare, and
gives an instant sense of the status of the target's body.
20 mana

Please work on your use of BB code, please don't change the font or the text color, as it makes it almost impossible to read and work with when quoting.

This application is outright denied, I would have to completely re-write it in order to turn it into something satisfactory.  Please go back into the old mage license applications and look for a user named duraga131's post.  Use that application for information on how healing magic should be done.  Also there is no point in listing a mana cost to your spells if you don't list a mana cap.  Please set your mana cap at 100 and set the cost of your spells from there.  If you don't use mana then you have to use a mixture of reagent materials or something else, like your own life-force for healing (sending it from your body to theirs).

gamerlord97

Minecraft Account: gamerlord979797
Mage's Name: Ze'rras Arriscol Mage Type: Ritualist
Mantra: Life
Spells/Powers:  Begins each day with 100 mana, which is regenerated by resting.

Heal Wounds, heals flesh wounds quickly, requires physical contact. Requires 30 seconds to gather the energies, and another 10 seconds of contact to channel them into the target.
10 Mana

Regenerative Aura: Cast a healing aura that accelerates the natural healing of a life form exponentially, allowing for a living being to heal themselves quiclky without sustained proximity to Ze'rras. Requires 10 minutes to gather the energies, and  15 seconds of physical contact to channel them. The aura can be charged to last 30, 60, or 90 seconds.
5,10,15 Mana

Stop Pain: Stop the pain of the target, and numbs them to further pain, allowing for anything from an easy treatment to a comfortable death. This spell requires 30 seconds of preparation and constant physical contact.
10 Mana initial cost, followed by 10 Mana per minute.

Sense Wounds: Allows the caster to sense the wounds of a target. Requires contact. Requires one minute to prepare, and gives an instant sense of the status of the target's body.
10 Mana

Cure: Removes a non-magical disease or poison from the target, requires 5 minutes of preparation, and 2 minutes to channel into the target. In the event of attempting to use this spell on a magical disease or poison, there is a chance that Ze'rras will suffer the effects of the disease or poison, without actually having it in his system.

Restore Life: Able to bring the near dead back, but only if they are able to resist death themselves, those who are on their last breaths will only gain a few moments more. The spell is very powerful, and as such it requires most of Ze'rass's mana, as well as a powerful artifact from the three plains(Ender Pearl, Ghast Tear, and a Diamond). This spell requires a full 15 minutes to prepare. and then 30 seconds to channel. This spell  puts Ze'rras is a weakened state for 30 minutes and can only be cast once per day.
75 mana

gamerlord97

Quote from: RanmaChan on 25-03-2012
Quote from: gamerlord97 on 25-03-2012
Minecraft Account: gamerlord979797Mage's Name: Ze'rras Arriscol Mage Type: RitualistMantra: LifeSpells/Powers: Heal Wounds, heals flesh wounds quickly, requires physical contact. Requires 15 seconds to gather the
energies,and another 10 seconds of contact to channel them into the target.
20 Mana

Regenerative Aura: Cast a healing aura that accelerates the natural healing of a life form exponentially. Requires 20
seconds to gather the energies, and  15 of physical contact to channel them. The aura can be charged to last 30, 60, or
90 seconds.
30,60,90 mana
Stop Pain: Stop the pain of the target, and numbs them to further pain, allowing for anything from an easy treatment to a
comfortable death. This spell requires 30 seconds of preparation and constant physical contact.
10 mana initial cost, followed by 10 mana per minute.

Sense Wounds: Allows the caster to sense the wounds of a target. Requires contact. Requires 30 seconds to prepare, and
gives an instant sense of the status of the target's body.
20 mana

Please work on your use of BB code, please don't change the font or the text color, as it makes it almost impossible to read and work with when quoting.

This application is outright denied, I would have to completely re-write it in order to turn it into something satisfactory.  Please go back into the old mage license applications and look for a user named duraga131's post.  Use that application for information on how healing magic should be done.  Also there is no point in listing a mana cost to your spells if you don't list a mana cap.  Please set your mana cap at 100 and set the cost of your spells from there.  If you don't use mana then you have to use a mixture of reagent materials or something else, like your own life-force for healing (sending it from your body to theirs).

I removed that post, it was accidental as I was not done, sorry 'bout that, quin.

RanmaChan

Most of what I said is still valid actually.

gamerlord97

Most of what I said is still valid actually.
What is wrong with it now?

RanmaChan

Please go back into the old mage license applications and look for a user named duraga131's post.  Use that application for information on how healing magic should be done.

Considering you have already edited it again based on what I have said, not too much.  This point is still valid however, I would advise you go do it.  ^

gamerlord97

I cannot connect, even with Spoutcraft, anyone else having this trouble?

RanmaChan

Quote from: gamerlord97 on 27-03-2012
I cannot connect, even with Spoutcraft, anyone else having this trouble?

Yes, the server is still down, I am going to get Silver to restart it.