Portkins' Garbage Bin

Started by Ragolution, 12-07-2011

CoolFeerman

I never remember Jagger playing in the Valhalla and Nov days, did he?

RanmaChan

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 04-03-2012
I never remember Jagger playing in the Valhalla and Nov days, did he?

He was a Draich in DEAP, back when it was first starting.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Crow793

Coming from Terraria, server crashes are actually fairly rare, though they do stay down for a long time if it does happen.

As I'm new to this server, I'm not exactly sure how it all works out. Are these crashes frequent, or did I just come in at a bad time for connectivity? And when it does crash/reset, is it usually for long periods of time?

I don't mean to rag on the server, I'd just like to know what to expect. Rather than worry every time I crash if my internet has failed me and committed Seppuku.

2ktaco

It has periods of crashyness.

RanmaChan

Quote from: Crow793 on 04-03-2012
Coming from Terraria, server crashes are actually fairly rare, though they do stay down for a long time if it does happen.

As I'm new to this server, I'm not exactly sure how it all works out. Are these crashes frequent, or did I just come in at a bad time for connectivity? And when it does crash/reset, is it usually for long periods of time?

I don't mean to rag on the server, I'd just like to know what to expect. Rather than worry every time I crash if my internet has failed me and committed Seppuku.

The server has been crashing and resetting recently because Port has been messing around with the config files and the map in preparation for the new Minecraft update.

meldin

After DEAP fell and the entire server kinda went to hell I left for a Minecraft FalloutRP server. When that one failed I came back to the Ermorian map

meldin

Quote from: RanmaChan on 03-03-2012
Quote from: meldin on 03-03-2012
It seems the last generation of this server is slowly slipping away and now they new guys are becoming the regulars..... *Le Sigh*

Just means you get the title of 'Aceon Oldfag' now.

Could I actually have the tittle "Aceon Oldfag" on my forum profile..?

RanmaChan

Quote from: meldin on 04-03-2012
It seems the last generation of this server is slowly slipping away and now they new guys are becoming the regulars..... *Le Sigh*

Maybe if you stop double posting like I have told you a thousand times?

Mr_Squirrel

Minecraft Account: mlachance                                                                                                                           
Mage's Name: Charles Channing                                                                                                                         
Mage Type: Sorcerer                                                                                                                                             
Mantra: Mind

Charles has a mana pool of 100 that he refreshes every dawn.
Obsidian Falcon:  Charles pulls forth a small, special, obsidian crystal from his pocket, and closes his hands around it, filling it with energy.  When this is done, he throws it up into the air, where it transforms into a falcon that he is able to control using his mind and willpower.  The falcon only lasts for five minutes before turning back into the obsidian crystal and plummeting to the ground.  Charles needs to reclaim the crystal in order to use it again.  25 mana per use.

Dark Barrier:  Charles manifests his energy into a wall of dark force, which he can send forward from his hand.  The wall's size depends on its mana cost.  If it is the size of his palm, it will cost 5 mana.  The size of his torso is 10.  The size of himself is 15.  The dark wall of force is designed for defense, pushing back attackers or deflecting things like arrows and swords.  If a part of the wall is struck with sufficient force it breaks off and disappears.  Mana costs of 5, 10, and 15.

Barrier Push:  Charles can utilize the wall of force as an attack as well, sending it forwards to do bludgeoning damage.  This spell costs the same amount of mana above for its size, and an additional 10 mana to send it forwards in a wave.  The smaller it is, the more damage it will do, this is balanced out by the fact that when smaller, it has a higher chance to miss the target.  If the size of his palm it will hit like a blow from a hammer.  If it is the size of his torso it will hit like a strong punch, and if it is the size of himself it will be like a strong gust of wind.  Mana costs of 5, 10, and 15, +10.

Black Acid:  Charles creates an orb of black burning energy in his hand, and tosses it at a single opponent.  If the black orb strikes a living target, it turns into a sticky, acidic substance that will continue to burn until it has somehow been removed.  If it strikes an inanimate object the orb dissipates.  30 mana.

Obsidian Shards:  Charles points either one or both of his hands, and focuses his energy inside his fingers.  For each finger being pointed (not including the thumbs) a small black crystal shard flies forth.  Each of these shards can be controlled independently by Charles, meaning he can strike multiple targets.  Each black shard costs 5 mana, and will pierce unarmored flesh like needles.  Armored foes will be mostly protected from this attack unless a weak point in the armor is found.  5 mana per finger/shard, up to 40 mana for all eight fingers used.

Obsidian Pall:  Charles reaches into his pockets and pulls out a number of small obsidian pieces.  After a moment of concentration he tosses them into the air, or into the general area, and detonates them with his mind.  The obsidian pieces explode into a thick black smoke that causes irritation to eyes and throats, causing tearing and coughing.  Seeing as how the smoke would have the same effect on Charles, he would only use this smoke to escape from situations.  25 mana.

Black Rune:  Charles concentrates for around 5-10 minutes, crafting a trap rune.  This black rune eventually disappears from sight, visible only to those sensitive to magic.  If a living target moves past this rune without the ability to dispel it, or does not have permission from Charles to pass it, the rune will explode into a torrent of black, sticky goo.  This goo will trap the target for a half hour, or until they can find some way to free themselves.  When the rune is triggered it notifies Charles.  The rune lasts for only one day before it needs to be replaced.  35 mana.

Also a big thanks to Quin for helping me write this up.  Implying that Port needs to be the one to go through it to avoid bias.

Ragolution

Quote from: meldin on 04-03-2012

Ask Silver.

Ragolution

Quote from: RanmaChan on 04-03-2012
Quote from: Crow793 on 04-03-2012

The server has been crashing and resetting recently because Port has been messing around with the config files and the map in preparation for the new Minecraft update.

Ragolution

Quote from: Mr_Squirrel on 04-03-2012

Obsidian Falcon:  Charles pulls forth a small, special, obsidian crystal from his pocket, and closes his hands around it, filling it with energy.  When this is done, he throws it up into the air, where it transforms into a falcon that he is able to control using his mind and willpower.  The falcon only lasts for five minutes before turning back into the obsidian crystal and plummeting to the ground.  Charles needs to reclaim the crystal in order to use it again.  25 mana per use.
Dark Barrier:  Charles manifests his energy into a wall of dark force, which, after speaking some words from his tome he can send forward from his hand.  The wall's size depends on its mana cost.  If it is the size of his palm, it will cost 5 mana.  The size of his torso is 10.  The size of himself is 15.  The dark wall of force is designed for defense, pushing back attackers or deflecting things like arrows and swords.  If a part of the wall is struck with sufficient force it breaks off and disappears.  Mana costs of 5, 10, and 15.
Barrier Push:  Charles can utilize the wall of force as an attack as well, sending it forwards to do bludgeoning damage.  This spell costs the same amount of mana above for its size, and an additional 10 mana to send it forwards in a wave.  The smaller it is, the more damage it will do, this is balanced out by the fact that when smaller, it has a higher chance to miss the target.  If the size of his palm it will hit like a blow from a hammer.  If it is the size of his torso it will hit like a strong punch, and if it is the size of himself it will be like a strong gust of wind.  Mana costs of 10, 15, and 20, +10.
Black Acid:  Charles creates an orb of black burning energy in his hand, and after speaking some words from his tome, tosses it at a single opponent.  If the black orb strikes a living target, it turns into a sticky, acidic substance that will continue to burn until it has somehow been removed.  If it strikes an inanimate object the orb dissipates.  45 mana.
Obsidian Shards:  Charles points either one or both of his hands, and focuses his energy inside his fingers.  For each finger being pointed (not including the thumbs) a small black crystal shard flies forth.  Each of these shards can be controlled independently by Charles, meaning he can strike multiple targets.  Each black shard costs 5 mana, and will pierce unarmored flesh like needles.  Armored foes will be mostly protected from this attack unless a weak point in the armor is found.  5 mana per finger/shard, up to 40 mana for all eight fingers used.
Obsidian Pall:  Charles reaches into his pockets and pulls out a number of small obsidian pieces.  After a moment of concentration and after speaking some words from his tome he tosses them into the air, or into the general area, and detonates them with his mind.  The obsidian pieces explode into a thick black smoke that causes irritation to eyes and throats, causing tearing and coughing.  Seeing as how the smoke would have the same effect on Charles, he would only use this smoke to escape from situations.  35 mana.
Black Rune:  Charles concentrates for around 5-10 minutes, crafting a trap rune.  This black rune eventually disappears from sight, visible only to those sensitive to magic.  If a living target moves past this rune without the ability to dispel it, or does not have permission from Charles to pass it, the rune will explode into a torrent of black, sticky goo.  This goo will trap the target for a half hour, or until they can find some way to free themselves.  When the rune is triggered it notifies Charles.  The rune lasts for only 48 hours before it needs to be replaced. If Charles utterly forgets about the existance of a rune, the rune may detonate when he passes over it.  35 mana.
Also a big thanks to Quin for helping me write this up.  Implying that Port needs to be the one to go through it to avoid bias.

CPftw

So is the new map coming when we next update or when people get tired of the current one? and what timeline will the map be in?
pffft

Ragolution

Quote from: CPftw on 04-03-2012
So is the new map coming when we next update or when people get tired of the current one? and what timeline will the map be in?

1. I don't know.

2. I don't know.

3. 150 years later, in a continent called Aameri

Chewnez

New map? You mean another restart? If not then I need to anyway for a couple of reasons. 1: Spoutcraft forces me to have a fog about 30 blocks away so it would be bad for the theatrical thing. 2: This site needs to pick an official Texture Pack. If its glimmar though I'm sorry to say I won't use it for the videos. Its ugly and I hate it, sorry. Anyother Texture pack I can work with. So we need suggestions and we need votes. Maybe a new thread for it?

RanmaChan

Ragolution

meldin

Quote from: Ragolution on 04-03-2012
Quote from: CPftw on 04-03-2012

1. I don't know.

2. I don't know.

3. 150 years later, in a continent called Aameri

Damn, gonna have to give Epeataro now. I can't exactly stretch him out any longer.

Maybe if you stop double posting like I have told you a thousand times?

I'm sure someone had posted after me..... Oh well.

2ktaco

Glimmar.

Doku is fine too.
Doku light/high sounds like the best choice although, doku dark fits my outlook on our zombie infested land. Gerudoku is worth considering aswell, its s'posed to be like the daddy o' doku or sumthin.

Mr_Squirrel

Dark Barrier:  Charles manifests his energy into a wall of dark force, which, after speaking some words from his tome he can send forward from his hand.  The wall's size depends on its mana cost.  If it is the size of his palm, it will cost 5 mana.  The size of his torso is 10.  The size of himself is 15.  The dark wall of force is designed for defense, pushing back attackers or deflecting things like arrows and swords.  If a part of the wall is struck with sufficient force it breaks off and disappears.  Mana costs of 5, 10, and 15.
Barrier Push:  Charles can utilize the wall of force as an attack as well, sending it forwards to do bludgeoning damage.  This spell costs the same amount of mana above for its size, and an additional 10 mana to send it forwards in a wave.  The smaller it is, the more damage it will do, this is balanced out by the fact that when smaller, it has a higher chance to miss the target.  If the size of his palm it will hit like a blow from a hammer.  If it is the size of his torso it will hit like a strong punch, and if it is the size of himself it will be like a strong gust of wind.  Mana costs of 10, 15, and 20, +10.
Black Acid:  Charles creates an orb of black burning energy in his hand, and after speaking some words from his tome, tosses it at a single opponent.  If the black orb strikes a living target, it turns into a sticky, acidic substance that will continue to burn until it has somehow been removed.  If it strikes an inanimate object the orb dissipates.  45 mana.
Obsidian Pall:  Charles reaches into his pockets and pulls out a number of small obsidian pieces.  After a moment of concentration and after speaking some words from his tome he tosses them into the air, or into the general area, and detonates them with his mind.  The obsidian pieces explode into a thick black smoke that causes irritation to eyes and throats, causing tearing and coughing.  Seeing as how the smoke would have the same effect on Charles, he would only use this smoke to escape from situations.  35 mana.
Black Rune:  Charles concentrates for around 5-10 minutes, crafting a trap rune.  This black rune eventually disappears from sight, visible only to those sensitive to magic.  If a living target moves past this rune without the ability to dispel it, or does not have permission from Charles to pass it, the rune will explode into a torrent of black, sticky goo.  This goo will trap the target for a half hour, or until they can find some way to free themselves.  When the rune is triggered it notifies Charles.  The rune lasts for only 48 hours before it needs to be replaced. If Charles utterly forgets about the existance of a rune, the rune may detonate when he passes over it.  35 mana.

I accept the changes.

RanmaChan

Quote from: Mr_Squirrel on 05-03-2012

I accept the changes.

Accepted

Fauxnal

the magics in the armor itself not the person so as long as i still have the armor i could use the magic

RanmaChan

Quote from: Fauxnal on 05-03-2012
the magics in the armor itself not the person so as long as i still have the armor i could use the magic

Nevermind, you involvement with them was retconned, meaning you aren't infected.

If you become infected you are unable to use magic, which includes using magical weapons and armor.  You have to utilize the mana stored in the weapons and armor the activate that, meaning that if you can't use magic, enchanted items are useless to you.

fordwell

Minecraft Account: fordwell

Mage's Name: Demian Viodhand

Mage Type: Mage-Smith

Mantra: The first is Magic itself.

Spells/Powers: Can enchant Weapons and Armor using mana which he has 100/100
every (irl) day, which he restores through meditation on the aspect of Chaos.

Basic enchantments weapons: He can enchant tools and weapons to work better. Some will hit things back farther, others may do more damage.  This varies some and doesn't take too much time. (one to four IC days)

Armor enchantments: He can craft strong magical armor that will protect others. However this requires the materials needed to make the armor and a fair amount of time to complete. (an IC week- 14 days per set. Five to seven days per single piece)

Major enchantments: These legendary enchantments weapons take a good time to create and lots of mana. These will also cost the most to make. (admin determined)

(All times are subject to admin change, also leaving the mana costs open to them as I know minecraft enchanting is VERY open as to what can be done and I want this to be as fair as possible.)

CPftw

Just an idea but have a slum area where new people automatically live and they will need to RP to get the wealth to advance out of it, it will encourage an Economy as people will need to work to get money to get a decent house. But the problem with an Economy is that people hoard their wealth as they are not gaining any, two solutions to this are: 1 have an government work system of 5 people max that are paid frequently and have to buy things, 2 give everyone a lot more money to start with.
pffft