Portkins' Garbage Bin

Started by Ragolution, 12-07-2011

Ragolution

Quote from: RanmaChan on 17-02-2012
Minecraft Account: okky360

Mage's Name: Okkerson Red-ManeMage

Type: Interlocutor

Mantra: Life

Spells/Powers: Okkerson, at the start of each rise of the sun until it rises again, has a max of 100 mana at the beginning of each day. To regain such he must sleep for at least 8 hours or meditate at a temple of holy worship.

1. Healing Hands (15 mana) - Even through his gauntlets, Okkerson is able to concentrate his mana into his palms, generating a faint healing aura that can cleanse and heal most small wounds. Large wounds and missing limbs/bones can not be helped though.

2. Cleanse Wicked (30 mana) - Through his training in temples across the world, Okkerson has knowledge and the power to cast forth a strong burst of holy light, severely damaging any undead or demonic kind, and acting as a bit of a blinding light for regular people.

3. Resurrect Lesser (100 mana) - This art is a rare, and costly practice to do. Even as an Interlocutor, this spell takes longer then most. Small creatures; animals, children, etc. can be resurrected from death if they died recently, at the max extent of 24 hours. This act can be done on fully grown people within an hour of death, but it has an 80% failure rate. Even if it fails, it will completely drain Okkerson of his mana regardless.

4. Weaker Ward (45 mana) - This can be used as a quick way to slow down pursuers. By concentrating his mana, he is able to draw it over a single doorway or entryway in general for a short period of time, around 30 seconds. Any capable mage can easily dispell this ward, but it will stop most commoners.

(This is up to tearing down and editing, I think myself that the resurrect is a bit much, but any suggestions you could make would be awesome Quin.)

Seems good to me Okky, just don't abuse the resurrection spell, you have been on here long enough that I trust you with it.

Why can't he post it himself?

Interlocutors DO NOT get resurrection spells

Braydent30

Quote from: RanmaChan on 16-02-2012
Quote from: Braydent30 on 14-02-2012
Minecraft Name: Braydent31
Mage's Name: Mordecai Hawke Clarke

Mage Type: Sorcerer
Mantra: Magic itself.

Spells/Powers:  Mana Power: 100/100, but the more pressure he's under, the less chance he will pull off the spell. He regains his mana after each real life day.  Requires IC meditation.

Arcane Aura: This allows him to focus on things more. If he's trying to cast a spell and some one is trying to distract him, he has less chance of failing. This also makes him glow of purple light. (10mp)

Arcane Lock: Locks a chest or door to where magic is required to break it. 20MP (It's 'OP' cause no one really breaks into places IC) (This is accepted for now, but if any problems arise it will be removed or edited.)

Magic Missiles: The caster must stand in one place and point at where he wants the missiles to go. Can shoot up to 10, one for each finger, but is considerably weak compared to most spells. (10 MP)

Arcane Lance: Shoots a beam of Arcane energy wherever the index finger is pointed. (15MP)

Arcane Spell Reflection: Can reflect a spell back at the caster, but makes him physically weak and takes all of his mana. (Can cast only once an IRL week)

Arcane Energy Burst: He gathers all of his energy and makes it burst, the beginning of it coming from his body. It disarms anyone within 3 blocks and pushes them back, only, if they are within 6 blocks. This will take ALL of his mana and leave him physically weak and drowsy to where he must sleep for awhile (About a half hour to hour, real life time.) until he can get back up.

I'm fine with that. I made it 5MP per hour due to Weekend days, but still alright with it.
Does this mean it's accepted?

RanmaChan

Quote from: Braydent30 on 17-02-2012
Quote from: RanmaChan on 16-02-2012
Quote from: Braydent30 on 14-02-2012
Minecraft Name: Braydent31
Mage's Name: Mordecai Hawke Clarke

Mage Type: Sorcerer
Mantra: Magic itself.

Spells/Powers:  Mana Power: 100/100, but the more pressure he's under, the less chance he will pull off the spell. He regains his mana after each real life day.  Requires IC meditation.

Arcane Aura: This allows him to focus on things more. If he's trying to cast a spell and some one is trying to distract him, he has less chance of failing. This also makes him glow of purple light. (10mp)

Arcane Lock: Locks a chest or door to where magic is required to break it. 20MP (It's 'OP' cause no one really breaks into places IC) (This is accepted for now, but if any problems arise it will be removed or edited.)

Magic Missiles: The caster must stand in one place and point at where he wants the missiles to go. Can shoot up to 10, one for each finger, but is considerably weak compared to most spells. (10 MP)

Arcane Lance: Shoots a beam of Arcane energy wherever the index finger is pointed. (15MP)

Arcane Spell Reflection: Can reflect a spell back at the caster, but makes him physically weak and takes all of his mana. (Can cast only once an IRL week)

Arcane Energy Burst: He gathers all of his energy and makes it burst, the beginning of it coming from his body. It disarms anyone within 3 blocks and pushes them back, only, if they are within 6 blocks. This will take ALL of his mana and leave him physically weak and drowsy to where he must sleep for awhile (About a half hour to hour, real life time.) until he can get back up.

I'm fine with that. I made it 5MP per hour due to Weekend days, but still alright with it.
Does this mean it's accepted?

Accepted
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

2ktaco

Minecraft Account:2ktaco
Mage's Name: Solomon Varda
Mage Type: Sorceror
Mantra: Magic Itself

Spells/Powers: Ima go with the ever popular magika pool: 100 a-day recharged by studying/praying the next day IRL

Arcane Sprite: Summons a small ball of light. It floats around Solomons head until dismissed. 5 magika

Flamebolt: Flames sprout from Solomons hands and, with a flick of the wrist, he slings molten balls of pure magic at his enemies. 15 magika

Warpstep: Basically the ender pearl feature. 50 magika

Telepathy: Same as brays but, with the right word. Talk to people through /tell. 5 magika

Arcane Bolt: Solomons crossbow bolt surges with arcane energy. The bolt rips through armor & flesh leaving a 1 inch, uncaurterized hole. 20 magika

Arcane Gaurd: Creates a magical buckler for Solomon to use. 10 magika

Just tell me if its crap and, I'll commence the facepalming.

Ragolution

Quote from: 2ktaco on 17-02-2012

Spells/Powers: Ima go with the ever popular magika pool: 100 a-day recharged by studying/praying the next day IRL

Arcane Sprite: Summons a small ball of light. It floats around Solomons head until dismissed. 5 magika

Flamebolt: Flames sprout from Solomons hands and, with a flick of the wrist, he slings molten balls of pure magic at his enemies. 15 magika

Telepathy: Same as brays but, with the right word. Talk to people through /tell. 5 magika

Arcane Bolt: Solomons crossbow bolt surges with arcane energy. The bolt rips through armor & flesh leaving a 1 inch, uncaurterized hole. 20 magika

Church don't like magic.

2ktaco

Quote from: Ragolution on 17-02-2012

Church don't like magic.
Oh well. Mind If I save these for later?

Lt.Azrael

MC Account: Lt_Azrael
Mages Name: Dante Blackheart

Spells/Powers: 200 Mana a day, recharge by brew/ maybe drinking the essence or blood of another. Not vampire.

Electrocution: For 75 mana, Dante causes extreme pain and suffering, making their muscles unable to work for the next few minutes.
Flame Hand: Dante's hands become like hell, bright and hot. A touch causes burns, like an oven top, and extended exposure can cause loss of parts. 50 mana.
Devils Breath: With ample control of the wind, Dante can create wind storms, or silence the wind, or even manipulate it towards a person. Or leave them in a vacuum. 100 mana
Mind Fuck: So completely and utterly destroys one's mind. Can only be used in calm situations, like torture, uses all mana.
Body Control: Turns ones body against them, can cause extreme pain, or just delirium of the feeling of being alien in their own body. Uses all mana.
*These spells where to be used in certain situations where my character tortures someone, for his own pleasure. If any are op or such, I accept removal of spell or modification. ICly, my char is an eccentric noble, he's studied things like magic and it's darker uses.*

Ragolution

Quote from: 2ktaco on 18-02-2012
Quote from: Ragolution on 17-02-2012

Church don't like magic.
Oh well. Mind If I save these for later?

Not at all. (Meaning I don't mind.)

nhart96

Is it just me or did the server just crash in the middle of my triumphant return

Totsalot

THE SERVER IS DEEEEAAADDDD D:

RanmaChan

Quote from: Totsalot on 20-02-2012
THE SERVER IS DEEEEAAADDDD D:

I CAN SEE THE FUTURE!
It happens sadly...

2ktaco

ITSA UP! and, yes quin, you can see the future.

nhart96

Minecraft Account: nhart96
Mage's Name: Corvan Danavis
Mage Type: Interlocutor.
Mantra: Magic itself

Corvan is a Drafter a master of the art of Chromaturgy. Chromaturgy is a type of magic that turns the light around us into different substances known as Luxin. Luxin comes in different colors, each with different properties. Corvan can draft the following

Blue: Blue Luxin is hard, strong, and smooth. It can be used in anything from the creation of large structures to armor or bladed weapons or projectiles. Blues are orderly, inquisitive, and unfailingly rational. Structure, rules, and hierarchy are important to blues.

Green: Green Luxin is springy and flexible. The uses are as varied as the drafter is creative: from furniture to projectiles to shields to the throwing arms of war engines. Greens are wild and free. They don't so much disrespect authority as not even recognize it.

Red: Red Luxin is sticky, gooey, and extremely flammable. Reds often work with sub-reds or with mundane tools to make bombs. Their skills are used to catastrophic effect in war. Reds are quick tempered, impulsive, lusty, and love destruction.

Sub-Red: Sub-Reds can see in the dark, draft the heat from their surroundings to survive intense heat, and create flame crystals which turn into fire when exposed to air. Sub-reds are passionate in all ways, the most purely emotional of all the drafters.

There are some restrictions to this power though. Corvan can only draft when he can see the color, Or in the case of sub-red when there is enough heat. There is also the fact that his emotions vary based on whatever color he is drafting making him unpredictable.
There is one more dangerous threat, should Corvan draft too much he would become a Color Wight. An evil being completely devoted to the personality of his color, as well as hating any who would stand in his way.

2ktaco

Quote from: nhart96 on 21-02-2012

Corvan is a Drafter a master of the art of Chromaturgy. Chromaturgy is a type of magic that turns the light around us into different substances known as Luxin. Luxin comes in different colors, each with different properties. Corvan can draft the following

Blue: Blue Luxin is hard, strong, and smooth. It can be used in anything from the creation of large structures to armor or bladed weapons or projectiles. Blues are orderly, inquisitive, and unfailingly rational. Structure, rules, and hierarchy are important to blues.

Green: Green Luxin is springy and flexible. The uses are as varied as the drafter is creative: from furniture to projectiles to shields to the throwing arms of war engines. Greens are wild and free. They don't so much disrespect authority as not even recognize it.

Red: Red Luxin is sticky, gooey, and extremely flammable. Reds often work with sub-reds or with mundane tools to make bombs. Their skills are used to catastrophic effect in war. Reds are quick tempered, impulsive, lusty, and love destruction.

Sub-Red: Sub-Reds can see in the dark, draft the heat from their surroundings to survive intense heat, and create flame crystals which turn into fire when exposed to air. Sub-reds are passionate in all ways, the most purely emotional of all the drafters.

There are some restrictions to this power though. Corvan can only draft when he can see the color, Or in the case of sub-red when there is enough heat. There is also the fact that his emotions vary based on whatever color he is drafting making him unpredictable.
There is one more dangerous threat, should Corvan draft too much he would become a Color Wight. An evil being completely devoted to the personality of his color, as well as hating any who would stand in his way.

This is pretty cool. You should wear a rainbow suit.

RanmaChan

Quote from: Lt.Azrael on 18-02-2012

Spells/Powers: 100 Mana a day. Can regained through meditation each morning.

Electrocution:  A direct touch is needed to use this ability.  The electricity can cause extreme pain as well as burns, and has a possible side effect of making some muscles twitch, spasm, or be unable to work for a few minutes.
40 mana.  60 mana to increase the output to cause muscle spasms and control of motor functions in the target.

Flame Hand:  Dante's hands become like hell, bright and hot.  A direct touch causes burns, like an oven top, and extended exposure can cause extreme burns which could possibly result in the loss of a body part.
40 mana to activate.  +10 mana for every additional 10 seconds it is used.

Devils Breath:  With ample control of the wind, Dante can create wind storms, or silence the wind, or even manipulate it towards a person. Or leave them in a vacuum.  The vacuum only lasts long enough to deprive the person of enough air to stay conscious.
60 mana.

Mind Fuck:  No.

Body Control:  No.

If any are op or such, I accept removal of spell or modification. ICly, my char is an eccentric noble, he's studied things like magic and it's darker uses.*

RanmaChan

As much as this is interesting, I don't like how on the first day back you are still trying to make your character able to do everything, and this time through magic.

The creation of armor, blades, and bombs(through magic), enchanted or not, should be left to spell smiths by the way.

Maybe if you picked -one- of those colors and went more into detail with it, providing a list of things you could do, then maybe it wouldn't be OP.  For now though, denied.

CPftw

luxin :3 colours :3
pffft

nhart96

Quote from: RanmaChan on 21-02-2012

As much as this is interesting, I don't like how on the first day back you are still trying to make your character able to do everything, and this time through magic.

The creation of armor, blades, and bombs(through magic), enchanted or not, should be left to spell smiths by the way.

Maybe if you picked -one- of those colors and went more into detail with it, providing a list of things you could do, then maybe it wouldn't be OP.  For now though, denied.
Alright i'll do it with just green...

Luxin Ball: A small ball of green luxin, this ball bounces around wherever it is thrown capable of injuring people slightly.

Luxin Spears: Corvan can temporarily make a spear of green luxin come out of the ground. This spear is a bit unstable and cannot penetrate anything stronger than leather armor, however like the ball it can at least knock the wind out of most people.

Luxin Bounce: This creates a small pool of the springy green luxin allowing Corvan to jump a little higher than most people. (Will be accomplished with some green wool put under his feet) Like the other powers this quickly dissapitates.

Luxin Shield: Corvan forms a thich barrier of Green Luxin in front of him allowing him to block some attacks. A direct thrust from a spear should penetrate it but if enough force is not used a weapon will get stuck in the luxin.

Green Personality: Because Corvan has been working with Green Luxin for so long, he now no longer cares for what those in authority tell him to do. He only obeys should he see a way it benefits him.

Green Golem: This is the most powerful option available to Corvan. However he will only use it in the most dangerous of circumstances, as any prolonged use will quickly turn him into a color wight.

All of the restrictions and weaknesses of the other one apply, if there are any problems tell me and I will see if I can fix them.

Lt.Azrael

Electrocution:  A direct touch is needed to use this ability.  The electricity can cause extreme pain as well as burns, and has a possible side effect of making some muscles twitch, spasm, or be unable to work for a few minutes.
40 mana.  60 mana to increase the output to cause muscle spasms and control of motor functions in the target.

Flame Hand:  Dante's hands become like hell, bright and hot.  A direct touch causes burns, like an oven top, and extended exposure can cause extreme burns which could possibly result in the loss of a body part.
40 mana to activate.  +10 mana for every additional 10 seconds it is used.

Devils Breath:  With ample control of the wind, Dante can create wind storms, or silence the wind, or even manipulate it towards a person. Or leave them in a vacuum.  The vacuum only lasts long enough to deprive the person of enough air to stay conscious.
60 mana.

If any are op or such, I accept removal of spell or modification. ICly, my char is an eccentric noble, he's studied things like magic and it's darker uses.*
I accept your revisions.

RanmaChan

Luxin Ball: A small ball of green luxin, this ball bounces around wherever it is thrown capable of injuring people slightly.

Luxin Spears: Corvan can temporarily make a spear of green luxin come out of the ground. This spear is a bit unstable and cannot penetrate anything stronger than leather armor, however like the ball it can at least knock the wind out of most people.

Luxin Bounce: This creates a small pool of the springy green luxin allowing Corvan to jump a little higher than most people. (Will be accomplished with some green wool put under his feet) Like the other powers this quickly dissapitates.

Luxin Shield: Corvan forms a thich barrier of Green Luxin in front of him allowing him to block some attacks. A direct thrust from a spear should penetrate it but if enough force is not used a weapon will get stuck in the luxin.

Green Personality: Because Corvan has been working with Green Luxin for so long, he now no longer cares for what those in authority tell him to do. He only obeys should he see a way it benefits him.

Green Golem: This is the most powerful option available to Corvan. However he will only use it in the most dangerous of circumstances, as any prolonged use will quickly turn him into a color wight.

All of the restrictions and weaknesses of the other one apply, if there are any problems tell me and I will see if I can fix them.

Mana and mana-cost would be great if you could.

Quote from: Lt.Azrael on 21-02-2012

40 mana to activate.  -10 mana for every additional 10 seconds it is used.

60 mana.

I accept your revisions.

Accepted

2ktaco

Minecraft Account: 2ktaco
Mage's Name: Marja Bien
Mage Type: Mage-Smith
Mantra: Nature
Spells/Powers: Since his spells are water based, he will need a sufficent source body nearby to use them.

Trident of Aponia: Marja shapes water into the likeness of a trident. Using magic, the water is made as hard as tempered steel.

Apuarian Bomb Making: Infusing magic, water, and a bit of highly explosive gunpowder, Marja crafts Aquarian bombs. These bombs are roughly the size of his fist and, when set off they spew boiling water for many meters. They are thrown as hand grenades usually but, can be set as traps.

RanmaChan

Quote from: 2ktaco on 21-02-2012
Spells/Powers: Since his spells are water based, he will need a sufficent source body nearby to use them.

Trident of Aponia: Marja shapes water into the likeness of a trident. Using magic, the water is made as hard as tempered steel.

Apuarian Bomb Making: Infusing magic, water, and a bit of highly explosive gunpowder, Marja crafts Aquarian bombs. These bombs are roughly the size of his fist and, when set off they spew boiling water for many meters. They are thrown as hand grenades usually but, can be set as traps.

I really like this.  Will you use actual gunpowder for the bomb making?  As a listed reagent?

nhart96

Mana and mana cost would be great

Third times a charm

Maximum Mana 225

Luxin Ball: A small ball of green luxin, this ball bounces around wherever it is thrown capable of injuring people slightly. Cost: 5

Luxin Spears: Corvan can temporarily make a spear of green luxin come out of the ground. This spear is a bit unstable and cannot penetrate anything stronger than leather armor, however like the ball it can at least knock the wind out of most people. Cost: 15

Luxin Bounce: This creates a small pool of the springy green luxin allowing Corvan to jump a little higher than most people. (Will be accomplished with some green wool put under his feet) Like the other powers this quickly dissapitates. Cost: 5

Luxin Shield: Corvan forms a thich barrier of Green Luxin in front of him allowing him to block some attacks. A direct thrust from a spear should penetrate it but if enough force is not used a weapon will get stuck in the luxin. Cost: 25

Green Personality: Because Corvan has been working with Green Luxin for so long, he now no longer cares for what those in authority tell him to do. He only obeys should he see a way it benefits him. Cost: 0, constant thing

Simple Green Luxin: Forms the malleable substance in a pure form, able to be molded around wounds to act as a bandage.

Green Golem: This is the most powerful option available to Corvan. However he will only use it in the most dangerous of circumstances, as any prolonged use will quickly turn him into a color wight. Cost: 225

All costs double in low light conditions, eg. torchlight glowstone light. Turning into a color wight will still occur either when I decide or when I go Green Golem. And seeing the color green is neccesary for creating any of this

2ktaco

I really like this.  Will you use actual gunpowder for the bomb making?  As a listed reagent?
Yep, I can put it as a reagent into a finalized version if needed.

RanmaChan

Quote from: nhart96 on 22-02-2012

Mana and mana cost would be great

Third times a charm

Maximum Mana 225

Luxin Ball: A small ball of green luxin, this ball bounces around wherever it is thrown capable of injuring people slightly. Cost: 5

Luxin Spears: Corvan can temporarily make a spear of green luxin come out of the ground. This spear is a bit unstable and cannot penetrate anything stronger than leather armor, however like the ball it can at least knock the wind out of most people. Cost: 15

Luxin Bounce: This creates a small pool of the springy green luxin allowing Corvan to jump a little higher than most people. (Will be accomplished with some green wool put under his feet) Like the other powers this quickly dissapitates. Cost: 5

Luxin Shield: Corvan forms a thich barrier of Green Luxin in front of him allowing him to block some attacks. A direct thrust from a spear should penetrate it but if enough force is not used a weapon will get stuck in the luxin. Cost: 25

Green Personality: Because Corvan has been working with Green Luxin for so long, he now no longer cares for what those in authority tell him to do. He only obeys should he see a way it benefits him. Cost: 0, constant thing

Simple Green Luxin: Forms the malleable substance in a pure form, able to be molded around wounds to act as a bandage.

Green Golem: This is the most powerful option available to Corvan. However he will only use it in the most dangerous of circumstances, as any prolonged use will quickly turn him into a color wight. Cost: 225

All costs double in low light conditions, eg. torchlight glowstone light. Turning into a color wight will still occur either when I decide or when I go Green Golem. And seeing the color green is neccesary for creating any of this

ACCEPTED

Quote from: 2ktaco on 22-02-2012

Requires one gunpowder as a reagent.

Yep, I can put it as a reagent into a finalized version if needed.

ACCEPTED