Portkins' Garbage Bin

Started by Ragolution, 12-07-2011

Ragolution

Quote from: Braydent30 on 05-02-2012
Since no one has said it yet, I will. For all those that have been waiting for the server to get back up to see whether map was wiped or not.

IT'S UP

Thanks silver.

Ragolution

Oh. Right. Down for maintenaince etc.

RanmaChan

Server be up.  NEW MAP~!
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Ragolution

Mage applications/approvals wipe log:  DD/MM/YYYY
Wiped by: Port - 06-02-2012
Wiped by: Quin - 16 03 2012
Wiped by:

RanmaChan

From now on old magic applications will be stored here for others to use as future references.

Edvyn

Right, modified it a bit.

Ragolution

Quote from: Edvyn on 06-02-2012
Minecraft Account: Edvyn

Mage's Name: Leonard Castellar - "The Witchfinder"

Mage Type: Ritualist

Mantra: The First

Spells/Powers:
All runes must be writ in Pig's Blood on a non-porous surface.
Gate Rune: This spell links dimensions that exist beyond the world we know. This ritual allows control, conjuration, banishment and exorcism of supernatural creatures in both physical and non-physical form. Along with this, the caster may attempt to call for the intercession of gods that he is in favour with. This ritual requires the use of talismans and the drawing of a gate sigil, alongside the usual chanting in a ritual. Casting time amounts to a minimum of 30 minutes.
Bridging Hexes: These spells deal with power over the workings of fate, fortune, thought, life and death, allowing divination of future events, dispelling of opposing magics, psychic travel to another dimension, psychic control/hypnotism of weaker minds, psychic protection, reanimation and deanimation of the dead and undead, conjuration of spirits/ghosts, probability manipulation and the creation of illusions. Alongside the usual chanting in ritual spells, crystal balls, cards, pendants or totems may be required. Casting time will vary in accordance with the effects and their magnitude.

Tower Hexes: These spells deal with the manipulation of physical forces, allowing such things as the bending of physical forces to the caster's will, the creation of homonculi, manipulation of atmospheric and geological forces, conjuration of the five classical elements, conjuration of known material objects and physical shielding. Alongside the usual chanting in ritual spells, such things as the creation of homonculi will require a material base, such as sand or graveyard dust. Wands or staves may be needed to indicate direction, physical representations such as poppet dolls may be needed for targeted spells, a ready source of an element to be conjured may be required for elemental spells, and the rule of equal exchange will apply fully when conjuring material objects - If something is conjured, something must be lost.

Brought to the Portkins Standard.
That one rune already gives you four fucking spells.
Not approved because I wasn't the one who denied it.

Edvyn

Alright then, I'm fine with that.

Beano

Did we get movecraft and/or update the bookworm plugin?
All hope must be disregarded

12:37 PM - Beano #JizzCake: how is babby formed
12:37 PM - SumRandomGuy: once upon a time
12:38 PM - SumRandomGuy: there was this giant big thingy thing
12:38 PM - SumRandomGuy: its called my benis

RanmaChan

Quote from: Beano on 07-02-2012

The bookworm plugin supposedly works now, don't know what movecraft is.

Codeyday

Darn, so do I have to write mine up again - Considering i didn't get an answer from my last application? Or did I actually get a reply, and didn't return in time to see it?

Alaizia

so we have to do these again? or i mine already verified, lucky I have saved mine

2ktaco

Quote from: RanmaChan on 07-02-2012

Movecraft allows you to make boats& ariships that move. Its really buggy and, on all other servers I've seen it on It glitchs constantly. Not reccomended.

Ragolution

Quote from: 2ktaco on 07-02-2012
Quote from: RanmaChan on 07-02-2012

Movecraft allows you to make boats& ariships that move. Its really buggy and, on all other servers I've seen it on It glitchs constantly. Not reccomended.

Ragolution

Do them over. Copypasting MAY NOT be accepted.

Codeyday

Minecraft Account: Codeyday
Mage's Name: Anorack Deadwood
Mage Type: Sorceror
Mantra: Third (Life)
Spells/Powers:
[Anorack begins each day with 100 Mana. To recharge his mana, he must read from his Bula'maal at the beginning of the day. Failure to do so leaves him unable to get more mana, until next sunrise.]

Vitae Magna: The Sorceror opens the Bula'maal, flicking through the pages until he finds the correct spell. Then he reads from the tome, raising his hand in front of him. As he finishes off the last syllable of the last word, a disk of Rock bursts up through the ground, hovering in front of Anorack as a sort of shield. [Mana Cost: 20 - The amount of damage it can take varies with the nature of the weapon used against it. Diamond, of course, destroys it easily - Iron less easily - Stone fairly slow - Wood...Very slow... - Fist...It's unlikely they'll be able to keep up a constant attack with their fists without being hit by some other spell. : Magic Damage to the Shield: [Need Help Here] - Can only be used on solid earth, not in water, on trees, inside houses and so on.]

Vitis Profusum: The Sorceror opens the Bula'maal, choosing one of the spells on the first page. He raises his hand, speaking a chant from the Tome. As he chants, the vines around him start to twitch, becoming restless. When the last syllable of the last word of the chant is said, the vines bursts forwards, attempting to lash themselves around the target. [Mana Cost: 20 - The vines lose life after 20 seconds, at which point they drop to the ground and become lifeless. The vines can be cut away by stone + swords or axes. Can only be used if Vines are within a 15 Block Radius.]

Dormientes Flores: The Sorceror opens the Bula'maal, going to the back of the Tome. He then kneels down, placing his hand on the Earth. He closes his eyes and chants, making flowers grow out of the ground. When he finishes the chant, the flowers are shining with a strange intensity. If anyone was to step within a 1 block radius around any of the flowers, they'd become sleepy and slow for 10 seconds. They'll also set off any flowers that are less than 3 blocks away from it. [Mana Cost: 10 - Once the flowers are set off, they turn into normal flowers. The flowers also turn normal if they haven't been set off in 2 days.]

Lignum Crusta: The Sorceror opens to the front of the Bula'maal, running his finger across an extract. He then places the Tome on the ground in front of him, and kneels down. He begins to chant, moving his hands in rhythmic motions. Trees grow out of the ground around him, growing taller as his chanting gets more intense. Finally, the Sorceror is encased inside what would appear to be a large tree. [Mana Cost: 50 - If the tree gets chopped down, then the Sorceror takes 5 Heart Damage.]

Sacraficium Vita: The Sorceror opens the Bula'maal, flicking through a few pages before finding a torn one. He reads from it, stretching out his hand towards his target. As he finishes the sentence, he yelps in pain. A stream of green energy bursts from his outstretched hand. If it was to hit the target, they'd take 4 hearts of damage. [Mana Cost: 30 - Takes 4 hearts from the Sorceror to cast the spell, and 4 from the target if it hits them.

Alaizia

so um, I have to type up the same spells since I have the same character? I can do that....

Ragolution

Quote from: Codeyday on 07-02-2012

Minecraft Account: Codeyday
Mage's Name: Anorack Deadwood
Mage Type: Sorceror
Mantra: Nature
Spells/Powers:
[Anorack begins each day with 120 Mana. To recharge his mana, he must read from his Bula'maal at the beginning of the day. Failure to do so leaves him unable to get more mana, until next sunrise.]

Vitae Magna: The Sorceror opens the Bula'maal, flicking through the pages until he finds the correct spell. Then he reads from the tome, raising his hand in front of him. As he finishes off the last syllable of the last word, a swarm of pebbles shoot up from the ground, floating in a circle aorund of Anorack as a sort of shield. [Mana Cost: 20 (May cost more depending on location it is cast in.) - The amount of damage it can take varies with the nature of the weapon used against it. Diamond, of course, destroys it easily - Iron less easily - Stone fairly slow - Wood...Very slow... - Fist...It's unlikely they'll be able to keep up a constant attack with their fists without being hit by some other spell. Magical spells effect the shield differently depending on their element or mantra.- Can only be used on solid earth, not in water, on trees, inside houses and so on.]

Vitis Profusum: The Sorceror opens the Bula'maal, choosing one of the spells on the first page. He raises his hand, speaking a chant from the Tome. As he chants, the vines around him start to twitch, becoming restless. When the last syllable of the last word of the chant is said, the vines bursts forwards, attempting to lash themselves around the target. [Mana Cost: 10 - The vines lose life after 20 seconds, at which point they drop to the ground and become lifeless. Theoretically, the caster could wrap vines around his arm or another part of his body to use this ability. The vines can be cut away by stone + swords or axes. Can only be used if Vines are within a 15 Block Radius.]

Dormientes Flores: The Sorceror opens the Bula'maal, going to the back of the Tome. He then kneels down, placing his hand on the Earth. He closes his eyes and chants, making flowers grow out of the ground. When he finishes the chant, the flowers are shining with a strange intensity. If anyone was to step within a 1 block radius around any of the flowers, they'd become sleepy and slow for 5 seconds. They'll also set off any flowers that are less than 3 blocks away from it. [Mana Cost: 15 - Once the flowers are set off, they turn into normal flowers. The flowers also turn normal if they haven't been set off in 12 hours.]

Lignum Crusta: The Sorceror opens to the front of the Bula'maal, running his finger across an extract. He then places the Tome on the ground in front of him, and kneels down. He begins to chant, moving his hands in rhythmic motions. Trees grow out of the ground around him, growing taller as his chanting gets more intense. Finally, the Sorceror is encased inside what would appear to be a large tree. [Mana Cost: 50 - If the tree gets chopped down, then the Sorceror takes 2 Heart Damage and is physically (medically) shocked.]

Ars Arcanum: The Sorceror opens the Bula'maal, flicking through a few pages before finding a torn one. He reads from it, stretching out his hand towards his target. As he finishes the sentence, he slices his palm was a dagger and howls in pain. A stream of green energy leaks from the wound and slithers through the air towards the target. If it was to hit the target, they'd take 6 hearts of damage. [Mana Cost: 45 - Takes 4 hearts from the Sorceror to cast the spell, and 6 from the target if it hits them.]

Portkins Standard Achieved

Parama

SERVER IS DOWN :(

Codeyday

Is that..Good..Or bad...?

RanmaChan

Quote from: Codeyday on 08-02-2012
Is that..Good..Or bad...?

It means you were:

Accepted

RanmaChan

I CAN SEE THE FUTURE!!!!
SERVERS UP.
SERVERS DOWN..
SERVERS UP...
SERVERS DOWN....
SERVERS UP.....
SERVERS DOWN......

TFS:I can see the future!!

TheTrueArtyom

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
"Anything that is complex is useless and anything that is simple is useful"-Mikhail Kalashnikov

meldin

Anyone know why the server is down?

Ragolution

Fuck if I know.