Portkins' Garbage Bin

Started by Ragolution, 12-07-2011

Chewnez

So what if we just had 2 servers? I know this is a little out there with the problems of not having a lot of people on one server as it is but this way we can still build and rp on the current one but we can all really rp and such on the new one. THis way we can still have our factions and personal build projects but also have the newer server for more of an RP feel and hopefully people try to split there times on each server. I really like how the server is coming right now and I feel once factions are more done then a lot more RPing will happen. I think we are moving way to quick. THe last map before got ruined so it had no time to develop and this one practically just started. All I'm saying is don't give up on this world. Keep it but it won't be the main Aceon map.

Ragolution

Quote from: Chewnez on 07-03-2012
So what if we just had 2 servers? I know this is a little out there with the problems of not having a lot of people on one server as it is but this way we can still build and rp on the current one but we can all really rp and such on the new one. THis way we can still have our factions and personal build projects but also have the newer server for more of an RP feel and hopefully people try to split there times on each server. I really like how the server is coming right now and I feel once factions are more done then a lot more RPing will happen. I think we are moving way to quick. THe last map before got ruined so it had no time to develop and this one practically just started. All I'm saying is don't give up on this world. Keep it but it won't be the main Aceon map.

The problem with having two maps is that everyone will purposefully waste their time on the one that allows them to build instead of RP.
I would support your idea of a second server if it didn't mean we'd have to double the number of admins we have.

New poll was added to thread.

Chew this isn't for 'WHENEVER'

This is going to be done whenever and if ever the map we currently have is crippled

RanmaChan

Quote from: Ragolution on 07-03-2012
This is going to be done if ever the map we currently have is crippled.

I agree wholeheartedly.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Andrew Weasley

So just want to get this straight. Everyone is going to be within the one city? Correct? Like thats where all building will be.
Keep on keepin on. Lifes a garden, dig it.
Minecraft: Axxal
Steam: call_me_axx

Ragolution

Quote from: Andrew Weasley on 08-03-2012
So just want to get this straight. Everyone is going to be within the one city? Correct? Like thats where all building will be.

Yes.

Everyone should keep in mind that the Map's Starting Government WILL NOT BE PERMANENT.

Andrew Weasley

Quote from: Ragolution on 08-03-2012
Yes.

Ok, cool. And how about the lore? Has the time and stuff been determined?

Ragolution

Yes.

The current timeline choice is:

150 years later, on the old Pre-DEAP continent. ( I guess we'll call it Exilius? )

Yes, this means no one will survive. :(

RanmaChan

Yes.

150 years later, on the old Pre-DEAP continent. ( I guess we'll call it Exilius? )

Pre-DEAP continent?  DEAP was on the mainland, so was the first server.  So was Ermor.  Everything afterwards has been on islands.

Ragolution

Quote from: RanmaChan on 08-03-2012
Yes.

Pre-DEAP continent?  DEAP was on the mainland, so was the first server.  So was Ermor.  Everything afterwards has been on islands.

DEAP was on the same continent as Ermor?

Wait that's right, it was.

So yeah. Original continent.

Andrew Weasley

Ok, so no one will survive. And 150 years after DEAP, on the same continent? So the technology is still up to par? Not that it matters because we always manage to come up with techy shit.

RanmaChan

Ok, so no one will survive. And 150 years after DEAP, on the same continent? So the technology is still up to par? Not that it matters because we always manage to come up with techy shit.

Oh nonononononono

Ermor was like, 50 years after DEAP?  Maybe more, maybe less.  Thorn Academy was about 30-40 years after Ermor.  Then this map is going to be 150 years in the future.  So like, Nearly 230-240 years after DEAP?

fordwell

Just going to not try it so close to the new map this character will be gone anyways. Also there is a bug making it impossible to see which enchantment you are putting on something making the trade mostly a gamble.

Ragolution

Oh nonononononono

Ermor was like, 50 years after DEAP?  Maybe more, maybe less.  Thorn Academy was about 30-40 years after Ermor.  Then this map is going to be 150 years in the future.  So like, Nearly 230-240 years after DEAP?

Let me think...

DEAP, +50... Ermor +50.... Two Soldarias.... +20 each... Elmphore.... 15ish years... I feel like I forgot a map, but yeah, like 280 years.

Ragolution

Quote from: fordwell on 08-03-2012
Just going to not try it so close to the new map this character will be gone anyways. Also there is a bug making it impossible to see which enchantment you are putting on something making the trade mostly a gamble.

Lol.. Yeah..

RanmaChan

Oh nonononononono

Let me think...

DEAP, +50... Ermor +50.... Two Soldarias.... +20 each... Elmphore.... 15ish years... I feel like I forgot a map, but yeah, like 280 years.

Hold on, Soldaria you said was BEFORE even DEAP or the first server map, and they aren't canon.  And it hasn't been 15 years on Elmphore, only about 2-3.

Ragolution

Oh nonononononono

Let me think...

Hold on, Soldaria you said was BEFORE even DEAP or the first server map, and they aren't canon.  And it hasn't been 15 years on Elmphore, only about 2-3.

I lose track of my own timeline bullshit sometimes. Hahah.

Whatever. 150 years after Elmphore.

RanmaChan

Oh nonononononono

Let me think...

Lol, no worries.

meldin

Oh nonononononono

Let me think...

This is why I think we should have an official Timeline of Aceon. It would really help in more ways than one.

Ragolution

Quote from: meldin on 08-03-2012

Oh nonononononono

Let me think...

This is why I think we should have an official Timeline of Aceon. It would really help in more ways than one.

I don't think you realise how much work that would be.
You also suck at quoting.

meldin

Well It's easier than having multiple people ask you "how long ago was DEAP" or "How long ago was Elmphore" just so they can make their family timeline.

RanmaChan

Quote from: Ragolution on 09-03-2012
Quote from: meldin on 08-03-2012

Oh nonononononono

Let me think...

I don't think you realise how much work that would be.
You also suck at quoting.

Ill do it after my tutorials today, then ill confirm it with you Port.

2ktaco

Quote from: fordwell on 08-03-2012
Also there is a bug making it impossible to see which enchantment you are putting on something making the trade mostly a gamble.
Its supposed to do that, whine to Notch or, Jeb if ya don't like it.

RanmaChan

Server is down, again.  But I saw it coming.

TFS:I can see the future!!

RanmaChan

This is the timeline of Aceon so far, from what I can recall.  Use it how you will.
And yes, I removed some things, and added embellishment to others.  Niel with it.

----------------------------

*Unknown Time* The Druchii Empire is founded on another plane.

Year 0 - Aceon is formed

Year 50-100 - The races we would recognize today start appearing to populate Aceon.

Year 200 - Human towns group together as the basic Imperium, and the multitude of Dwarven Clans unite into one Superclan.

Year 250 - Other human societies have formed separate from the Imperium.  The Ermori, the Auctus Provectum, and Novarium all start around this time.

Year 258 - The Imperium starts to splinter as the different city states try and separate.

Year 263 - The God-King Hessen comes into power, re-uniting the Imperium and starting a rush for resources.

Year 267 - The Imperium and the Dwarven Superclan come into conflict over resources.

Year 269 - War is declared between the Imperium and the Dwarves.

Year 271 - Aceon has been completely ravaged by the war.  The Ermori and the Auctus Provectum become isolationists to protect themselves from the fighting.  Novarium is safe and developing on her island.

Year 273 - Hessen takes the Imperial army into Dwarven territory, and is met in battle.  Hessen leads a suicidal charge into a line of Dwarven heavy infantry.  He and his entourage are transformed into a pink slurry.

Year 273 - It is unknown if the Imperium was able to bounce back from this defeat, or if the Dwarves won, because shortly after Hessen's death the first cataclysm strikes Aceon, bringing an end to the First Age.  The Dwarves don't recover, their homes in the mountains fill with lava, bringing an end to the Superclan.  The same goes for the Imperium, it breaks back into city states.

Year 280 - The Auctus Provectum proves to be the dominant city state, taking much of the Ena'thi Lower Grasslands of Aceon's main continent.

Year 282 - After the defeated Dwarven Clans separate, one of the stronger clans decide to abandon the mainland and sets sail, landing on Elmphore island.

Year 284 - Novarium builds her first ship, able to sail the waterways of its island.

Year 287 - The Dwarves of Elmphore island rename themselves the SteelHammer Clan in homage to the Dwarf who led them there, who is then made King.  The Dwarves start construction of CradleRock, a suspended city in a remote mountain chain.

Year 289 - Novarium uses her ships to colonize all of its native island, leading to the formation of the Novarian Empire.

Year 297 - Novarium builds her first ocean capable ship, and starts to explore.

Year 312 - The Auctus Provectum builds massive walls around her capital city, replicating that of the Imperium's capital, cutting off her client states and its surrounding countryside.

Year 313 - In the chaos of the Auctus Provectum's isolation many of the peoples along Aceon's coastline fall into barbarism.

Year 314 - A man named Tybolt unites the barbarian horde into Tybolt's Legion, and starts to ravage the coast, moving into the mainland.

Year 316 - The smaller towns and villages, and the city states of the old Imperium now cut off from the Auctus Provectum, form into a coalition called Free Cities for protection against Tybolt's horde.

Year 317 - The first Free City is besieged by Tybolt, the first of many.

Year 319 - The SteelHammer Clan Dwarves complete CradleRock and settle in, but in their isolation, confinement and new habitat, a plague has developed.

Year 322 - Tybolt slowly conquers his way inland, taking all but one of the Free Cities.  He moves back around to the coast, unable to make his way to the Auctus Provectum.

Year 322 - The SteelHammer Clan is forced out of CradleRock by the plague, called the Bleeding Tide, and head North to found Stonehelm, a city built in a large natural cavern.  Lucky the Bleeding Tide is adverse to water, and miraculously doesn't spread to the mainland.

Year 323- Tybolt lays siege to the last Free City, Hamlet, a fortified town on Aceon's Southern coast.

Year 323 - A Novarium Expedition comes across Hamlet being sieged, and lands, flanking Tybolt's forces and routing him.

Year 323 - Lord Admiral Dantius, leader of the Novarian Expedition, uses Hamlet as a base-camp.

Year 324 - Tybolt returns and tries to siege Hamlet once again.  Dantius declares martial law on Hamlet, and defeats Tybolt's Legion.

Year 325 - Dantius refuses to give control of Hamlet back to the people, and has the mayor of the town assassinated.  Hamlet is renamed Victory Bay, and declared part of the Novarian Empire.

Year 325 - The Druchii Empire's main keep, The Thorn, is magically teleported into the center of the Auctus Provectum, destroying the city and the walls.  The King of the Auctus Provectum is killed, and Prince Varken Hersenenbrecht of The House of Blades is declared the new leader.

Year 325 - The Druchii Empire and the Auctus Provectum, after fighting for weeks in the destroyed city, come to a truce.  Leading the Druchii Empire is Lord-Magus Quin'Tasin, and with Prince Varken they create the dual power of DEAP.  The Druchii Empire and the Auctus Provectum.

Year 326 - The Druchii Empire was made up of a multitude of different races, but there is a sudden influx of non-humans into DEAP.  Novarium, from Victory Bay, are persecuting all non-humans, driving them from the coast to the mainland.

Year 327 - DEAP and Novarium both expand, DEAP with an ideology of acceptance of all races, Novarium with a puritanical human ideology.  War quickly follows.

Year 327 - Survivors from the original Free Cities flee from Victory Bay and the surrounding area, moving North to build New-Hamlet and New-Avalon.

Year 328 - As DEAP and Novarium fight, the shattered barbarians of Tybolt's Legion reform once again, into The Legion.  Rather than take revenge against Novarium for killing Tybolt, The Legion rallies to Novarium's side, the non-human propaganda having infiltrated their ranks.

Year 329 - Without warning the forces of The Druchii Empire retreat back inside The Thorn, and magically teleport from Aceon just as quickly as they arrived, leaving the crumbling Auctus Provectum alone in the war.

Year 329 - Novarium and The Legion loot the land now that the war is over, destroying the Auctus Provectum, but storms seem to increase in frequency and in power.  The Novarian Expidition decides to leave the mainland and return home while they still can.

Year 330 - The storms become extremely powerful, and soon all of Aceon is ravaged with their power.  The second Cataclysm occurs, bringing an end to the Second Age.

Year 332 - The Ermori people emerge from their small city to find that they are the only concentrated group of people left on the mainland.

Year 335 - Ermorian nobles declare that the age of Ermor has arrived, and an army is created to secure their lands.

Year 337 - The Ermorian Army conquers the surrounding countryside, steering clear of the destroyed Ena'thi Lower Grasslands.  War-lust increases, and the military is expanded.

Year 338 - Ermorian military prowess is displayed as they crush the barbarians of the coast lands once and for all.  Seeing how useful a professional army is, Ermorian society is re-structured around the functioning of their military.

Year 341 - The Ermorians start a campaign of unification, not only for the humans around them, but for all races, destroying towns and villages and funneling people back to their ever expanding city.

Year 343 - The Ermorian Empire is declared, and Emperor Urbanus I is crowned.  Provinces are created, covering almost all of Aceon's mainland.

Year 345 - A strange man named Quin'Tasin appears, and is elevated to the position of Emperor's adviser.

Year 345 - The Ermorian Pantheon, long established before the Auctus Provectum even closes their gates, suddenly adds an eighth god to their regular seven.

Year 348 - The Ermorian Senate grows bloated and corrupt, governmental workings nearly stop, and the Ermorian religion starts to be forced onto Ermor's new citizens, when before religious tolerance was practiced.

Year 349 - A bastard son is born to the Emperor by a local innkeeper.  Named Noct Urbanus, he is secreted away.

Year 351 - Civil war breaks out in Ermor due to the rising tension of a multitude of races and cultures, forced to live together in one place and under one imposed religion.

Year 351 - The Ermorian Army cracks down on the city and its rebels, causing the pristine streets to run with blood.  Some of the Ermorian military turns, but they are defeated by a member of the Cerun family, descended from the original Ermorian people.

Year 352 - The Empire is in turmoil, with insurgents using guerrilla tactics on the Ermorian military in the countryside, while the city stays in a state of perpetual rebellion and martial law.

Year 354 - The war grinds on, with civilian casualties growing higher and higher.  The gardens in the city die, and the grass turns to gravel.  The air is seemingly filled with electricity.

Year 355 - The Emperor, Urbanus I, is assassinated, and the Ermorian military crumbles.  A third cataclysm strikes Aceon in the wake of his death, ending the Third Age, destroying the city, and scattering the people across Aceon.

Year 375 - Since the Fall of Ermor, the people of Aceon had been living in poverty and barbarism, but a school is founded by Noct Urbanus, upon an old Ermorian ruin, called Thorn Academy.

----------------------------------------------------------

I will end it off here for now, at least until we move onto the next map.

Ragolution