Portkins' Garbage Bin

Started by Ragolution, 12-07-2011

Ragolution

Added Fourth Option

City of Guilds

Chewnez

I've never set up a server before but what if we made a backup server right before we update? We could just tell everyone the new server if the update ruins the current map. I don't know if that works but thats my 2 cents.

Ragolution

Use the other topic.

Locked.

Chewnez

Ok so with permission from Port and Quin I am going to be making a youtube channel for Aceon. What I plan to do is get the server out there more for one. The videos on there will be little fly bys (with the admins help) and make little "montages" of each faction when they are done and to start off the channel I will make a promotion video with short clips of each faction whether completed or not. I will just simply film what parts are done. So this is kind of like a kick to the butt saying get your factions done and start getting them done soon. I will be recording the footage in the no show option using F1 and Fraps. I will put them together to the best of my ability using Sony Vegas. I will temperarily be taking suggestion for the background image for the channel but I would like to make an edited screenshot of  as many factions as I can once I'm done with a current project I'm doing at school using Photoshop (making dvd covers for out Boys and Girls basketball season. It will be awhile since I'm on the boys team and am trying to make it look as good as I can). If there is anything I missed feel free to ask and if you like this idea please comment saying so. Also, still need the A Ok from the admins.

RanmaChan

Yes, this is a good idea, but be sure to give both me and Port the username and password for the channel.

Also, no one is going to be getting creative mode for any reason, even filming.  You will have to do it from a regular player's point of view.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Chewnez

Quote from: RanmaChan on 01-03-2012
Yes, this is a good idea, but be sure to give both me and Port the username and password for the channel.

Also, no one is going to be getting creative mode for any reason, even filming.  You will have to do it from a regular player's point of view.

Will do and can do. Although it will take away the effect a little bit without just flymod but I will make it work none the less. I will make it in a couple days and then I will give you guys the password and email for it.

Ragolution

Apache did this once.

Do better than he did.

Chewnez

Quote from: Ragolution on 01-03-2012
Apache did this once.

Do better than he did.

I'll do my best. But it will be a couple days before I create it then a day or two only (hopefully) until the first video is up which will be about Aceon as a whole (the one with segments of all factions)
So I need EVERYONE to try their hardest to get as much as their faction done as possible or at least one part.

RanmaChan

Quote from: Chewnez on 01-03-2012
Apache did this once.

Do better than he did.

I'll do my best. But it will be a couple days before I create it then a day or two only (hopefully) until the first video is up which will be about Aceon as a whole (the one with segments of all factions)
So I need EVERYONE to try their hardest to get as much as their faction done as possible or at least one part.

Viosk is actually done.  Funny how the factions abusing creative mode still aren't done, while the only one that isn't, is.

Fauxnal

Minecraft Account: Avolcano
Mage's Name:
Ramza Ashwood
Mage Type: Mage_smith
Mantra: Last

Spells/Powers: Infused the power of nature in his armor, shield, and weapons.
The Armor uses photosynthesis to create magic for him to use; can also absorb life from the surrounding plant life.Can Store to to 200 mana.

Then can summon vines out of every part of his armor including his sword and shield.
He has many different vines he can make. 5 mana per vine

Normal vines: Use these vines to garb people and can also use them to create platforms to stand on.

Thorny vines:   These vines are used mostly for grabbing people the thorns hook in the victim's flesh tearing it and making it extremely painful to remove. 10 mana per vine

Iron vines: Can only come out of the shield or sword. Is able to stab through almost anything. 25 mana per vine

Ragolution

Apache did this once.

Do better than he did.

Viosk is actually done.  Funny how the factions abusing creative mode still aren't done, while the only one that isn't, is.

No faction is ever "Done"

RanmaChan

Quote from: Fauxnal on 01-03-2012
Mage's Name:
Ramza Ashwood

The Armor uses photosynthesis to create magic for him to use; can also absorb life from the surrounding plant life.

Then can summon vines out of every part of his armor including his sword and shield.
He has many different vines he can make.

Normal vines: Use these vines to garb people and can also use them to create platforms to stand on.

Thorny vines:   These vines are used mostly for grabbing people the thorns hook in the victim's flesh tearing it and making it extremely painful to remove.

Iron vines: Can only come out of the shield or sword. Is able to stab through almost anything.

What use does a knight have for nature magic?  You already have fullplate and heavy weapons, do you really need more?
If you are serious about using this magic, give the different spells/vine abilities a mana cost.  I don't want to see Iron Vines that are "able to stab through almost anything" not having any sort of cost or drawback.

RanmaChan

Apache did this once.

Do better than he did.

No faction is ever "Done"

You are right, we have a couple empty house plots for sale ready for new people to build in, but other than that the city is complete, and has everything it needs.

meldin

It's nice to hear that people are for it!

Demonizer877

I voted for city of guilds because the server needs something new. But the server will need something new in the future again and this is why we have to keep changing it. We can never stick to one theme otherwise the server grows stale and dies. This is what happens to most other servers, except with minecraft it's easier to constantly change things and we should use this to our advantage. But we need to avoid themes that didn't work such as Ermor, and perhaps in the future we can continue to work on other options that had a potential to work. Like the free faction system we have now that works quite well to an extent.

My opinions on what will make this work better:
-Factions should be given the same freedoms they have with the free faction system aslong as they keep to their allotted space
-No Ermor rules about having only one job or sales being set as it was what most people moaned about
-Events should be arranged, like we had the explorers guild in Ermor, to get us to travel out and discover undiscovered locations that could somehow link in to the storyline. I also suggest some sort of city defence event.
-The city should not be on lockdown and there should be more than one exit.

That's really the most of it, taking it on board is up to you. However I also have a question: will the districts have to have walls? I'm thinking that some districts may just want an open area if that's possible.

TL;DR Opinions: Each map wipe needs an almost opposite of the spectrum change to create new opportunities. Cit of Guilds option provides this change for this map wipe but may have unseen flaws. Although I want to try it out anyway :P
Awesomeness is the best trait one can have

Ragolution

Quote from: Demonizer877 on 02-03-2012

I like this.

;3

RanmaChan

Quote from: Ragolution on 02-03-2012
Quote from: Demonizer877 on 02-03-2012

I like this.

;3

Have fun building all the defenses, which will be 4-6 times the size/amount of Ermor.   -_-

RanmaChan

Quote from: Redbark on 01-03-2012
+ My name is retarded "williamman57" I was 14 when I signed up for MC and that was my username :l.

I will look out for ya on the server!  :)

Let the record show that for the first time in recorded history, Arthy was indeed correct about tech stuff.

Woooooooooo!  I am the winner kid, I am the winner kid!

2ktaco

Maybe the channel pic thing could be a group photo of all of us.
@quin: Did 4-Leaf abuse creative?

RanmaChan

Quote from: 2ktaco on 02-03-2012
Maybe the channel pic thing could be a group photo of all of us.
@quin: Did 4-Leaf abuse creative?

Yes, it did.

RanmaChan

Mage's Name:
Ramza Ashwood

The Armor uses photosynthesis to create magic for him to use.  Every day, he is able to store 100 units of energy/mana from the sunlight using his armor.

He has three different vines he can make.

Normal vines: Use these vines to garb people and can also use them to create platforms to stand on. 10 mana per vine.

Thorny vines:   These vines are used mostly for grabbing people the thorns hook in the victim's flesh tearing it and making it extremely painful to remove. 25 mana per vine.

Iron vines: Can only come out of the shield or sword. Is used to stab through things like wood, leather, and armor. 50 mana per vine.

Do you accept the revisions?

Fauxnal

Quote from: RanmaChan on 02-03-2012
Mage's Name:
Ramza Ashwood

The Armor uses photosynthesis to create magic for him to use.  Every day, he is able to store 100 units of energy/mana from the sunlight using his armor.

Normal vines: Use these vines to garb people and can also use them to create platforms to stand on. 10 mana per vine.

Thorny vines:   These vines are used mostly for grabbing people the thorns hook in the victim's flesh tearing it and making it extremely painful to remove. 25 mana per vine.

Iron vines: Can only come out of the shield or sword. Is used to stab through things like wood, leather, and armor. 50 mana per vine.

Yes i do

RanmaChan

Quote from: Fauxnal on 02-03-2012
Mage's Name:
Ramza Ashwood

Yes i do
Accepted

Redbark

Quote from: Redbark on 01-03-2012
+ My name is retarded "williamman57" I was 14 when I signed up for MC and that was my username :l.

I will look out for ya on the server!  :)

Let the record show that for the first time in recorded history, Arthy was indeed correct about tech stuff.

Woooooooooo!  I am the winner kid, I am the winner kid!

Please do.

2ktaco

When we go 1.2 ima be a jungle ninja........... ;D