PORTKINS' GARBAGE BIN. IGNORE THIS.

Started by gunslinger7, 14-05-2011

gunslinger7

So with the recent idea of the plague coming to Aceon an the mixed emotions about it , instead of just saying no to the idea i figured i would make a place for people Active on the server to post there thoughts an ideas on different events to get some Rp going on in the server an maybe get us to leave our doomforts once in awhile an visit other parts of Aceon seeing how some people seem to think of the server as a place to build what better way to get us to form more as a great Rp community than to act out some crazy an awesome events together .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So post your ideas below an maybe once there's 2-3 ideas that people seem to like we could set up a poll or something .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's a few rules i thought up to try an make events better for everyone :

-Try to make your event effect every faction or at lest get every faction or player involved

-Try your best to describe your event the best you can for if there are a few questions un answered it most likely wont even be considered an your great idea gets flushed down the toilet of broken dreams

-Try an make sure your event isnt to extreme or over the top goofy  wouldnt want yea to get trolled to hard lol
(Alien giant indestructible   bunny's with nuke launchers fly around Aceon shooting every thing)

... feel free to also post event rule ideas below as well to try an make our Rp experience a better one

OldManRikdo

Heres an idea I was toying with on another server...

A serial killer starts a rampage in Aceon.  He/she/it (monster maybe, idk) goes from major faction town to town, killing various members of the faction.  These victims would be npcs (I don't expect anyone to make new characters for this unless they really wanted too).  Most of the factions ICly consist of numerous villagers, crewmen, citizens, etc, and theses nameless npcs would be the ones to die.

The event would be the interactions of the concerned factions, each looking for the killer.  You can RP funerals of the deceased, witch hunts for the killer/monster, and trying to various inquires into the killers identity and location.

Still needs some tweaking... tell me what you think

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: OldManRikdo on 17-05-2011

A serial killer starts a rampage in Aceon.  He/she/it (monster maybe, idk) goes from major faction town to town, killing various members of the faction.  These victims would be npcs (I don't expect anyone to make new characters for this unless they really wanted too).  Most of the factions ICly consist of numerous villagers, crewmen, citizens, etc, and theses nameless npcs would be the ones to die.

The event would be the interactions of the concerned factions, each looking for the killer.  You can RP funerals of the deceased, witch hunts for the killer/monster, and trying to various inquires into the killers identity and location.

Good Idea ! +support

gunslinger7

Seems different , +support

any other ideas?

geccoy

If/when I get enough members, I plan on holding arena fights to the death.
The participants will be randomly selected from factions that are allied and wish to partake in the event.
The winner lives, and is given resources for their faction.

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: gunslinger7 on 18-05-2011

any other ideas?

Sherlock Holmescraft.

Xerdun

For the murder idea it would be useful if we had NPCs to kill. This got me thinking. I was briefly on another server (testing connection as it appears its screwed on all servers) and I saw that they have many NPCs such as barkeepers and guards etc. It'd add a lot more life to the world if we had these and make for a lot more roleplaying opportunities. I know its easy to say that players can fill the roles, but by adding the NPCs won't stop them from roleplaying, they should add to it. Just a thought anyway

OldManRikdo

Quote from: Xerdun on 19-05-2011
For the murder idea it would be useful if we had NPCs to kill. This got me thinking. I was briefly on another server (testing connection as it appears its screwed on all servers) and I saw that they have many NPCs such as barkeepers and guards etc. It'd add a lot more life to the world if we had these and make for a lot more roleplaying opportunities. I know its easy to say that players can fill the roles, but by adding the NPCs won't stop them from roleplaying, they should add to it. Just a thought anyway

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-citizens-v1-0-8c-npcs-for-bukkit-traders-blacksmiths-healers-wizards-out-now-766.7173/

this is a nice bukkit mod.  has iconomy support too if we ever decide to add permissions.

OldManRikdo

Quote from: gunslinger7 on 18-05-2011

any other ideas?

Hmm well with 1.6 coming out, we add the nether to the game, and a large bit of unexplored land.  We could have admins go into the nether, right after the server goes back online, and place hidden chests in various locations in the nether.  would work sorta like a scavenger hunt, where each faction gets clues.  However that seems to be more of an ooc thing... not quite what I think you were looking for.

maybe the united factions leads a raid party with a representative from each faction into the unknown? idk.

Rakaesa

If you ask me for a roleplaying storyline or event idea, you'll get one. Or maybe more.

This one is very obvious and I may be yelled at for it: Herobrine. But maybe not quite the way you're thinking of it :).

The residents of Aceon have endured the largest drought of the century, wars between factions, the monsters of the wilderness, and whatever other hells have been thrown at them. But they've never seen Him. But someone catches a glimpse of him, just a split second hallucination, of a man in the thick fog. Then he is gone. But this memory is already in the mans mind, so he begins to spread it around. Eventually other people begin to see sightings of him, slowly the sightings becoming more and more common. (Herobrine could be an Admin with the model and name? Or an NPC as the first idea suggested?) Eventually one day a man (Player? Legend told around town?) goes mining deep underground. But he comes out completely insane. He says he was mining and was returning to the surface when he saw a mysterious man with seemingly no pupils blocking his path. He retreated deep into the cave for days afterwards, always feeling as if he were being watched, once in a while catching a glimpse of him down one of his long, shadowy hallways. Eventually he slipped past Herobrine and returned to the surface, but not before the insanity consumed him.

So now the players must solve the mystery of this mysterious man, who the people of Aceon have named "Him" or "Herobrine". They must figure out if he is a ghost, or a crazed murderer hunting them down. Or is he merely a hallucination caused by the darkness in those dark mines when you're all alone with nothing else to think about?

You admins would decide how the story ended. Perhaps some kind of fight with Herobrine?

Anyways, that's my idea. You could make it so that he's just a very creepy man who you see once in a while stalking you through the fog or around the dark corners of your caves and mines, or a more hardcore killer, causing you to have to fight back.

JPetty

here's an idea that goes along the lines of dark creatures doing dark deeds and what not
but I dont know if it we'll be a popular idea or not
a small group of a race of monsters called darklings with different types of monster inside that group
Deamos- monster lord, king
Shades- war lords, mage
Grimlocks- commanders, brute
Necorogs- fighter, common soldier
(or maybe something like that)^
change it to whatever?
this group only comes out of their home in the Nether to reek havok apon Aceon at night or whenever wars are raged the monsters can only be destroyed and the group disbanded after the monster king is killed in battle and that can come about by a faction leader (king) challenging him one-on-one or in wars when he shows himself
comment please though I dont expect much out of it
tell me what you think

Bfranx

Quote from: JPetty on 26-05-2011
here's an idea that goes along the lines of dark creatures doing dark deeds and what not
a small group of a race of monsters called darklings with different types of monster inside that group
Shades- war lords, mage
change it to whatever?
this group only comes out of their home in the Nether to reek havok apon Aceon at night or whenever wars are raged the monsters can only be destroyed and the group disbanded after the monster king is killed in battle and that can come about by a faction leader (king) challenging him one-on-one or in wars when he shows himself
tell me what you think

sounds cool, good vs evil kinda thing. but who would be the demons?
Authority does not grant maturity.
Power cannot replace ignorance.

geccoy

I think we should just focus on the factions that are already here, and create conflict between them.

JPetty

Geccoy might be right but if this decision does go on to be something... (highly doubted)
I could start the faction and be the "Deamos" I guess I mean I have the skin for it now

geccoy

Its seems counter-productive to make more factions, when, already, there are so many, with so little.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Bfranx on 26-05-2011
Quote from: JPetty on 26-05-2011
Shades- war lords, mage
change it to whatever?
tell me what you think

sounds cool, good vs evil kinda thing. but who would be the demons?

*Raises hand.

JPetty

yeah I now
hmmm back to the think tank haha

XanderHuro

I would like to throw an Idea out there how about each faction recruits a few members of its own and sends them all out to a fairly center point of the faction nations and have them construct a large building for holding large meetings involving all the faction leaders and their personal guards.(Sort of a Naruto Kage Summit Idea) And every so often a meeting will be held to discus trade, treaties, and land ownership. Faction leaders will be able to purchase land with their resources in a fashion similar to the Louisiana purchase but not so large of an area.

Another idea I have is maybe creating religious groups in each faction each of them with different views on the God(s). I think it sounds decent enough but my fear is that this may create even more conflict between warring factions and allied factions because of religious differences.

Anyways tell me how you guys feel about these ideas.

Paintcheck

Didn't Ragolution/DEAP try to do that same thing?

Religious wars would be kewl so long as it didn't turn into "My god smites you all and nukes your land"

Ragolution

It was the United Factions Organization and it failed after a while.

emperor bobby

i kinda wish my Character didn't have an excuse not to get the plague, it sounded like such a cool idea, but it never caught on... (he's got a large Metal facemask, with breathing apparatus, it's a gasmask, voicecoder, and scuba piece, all in one, this plague isnt spread by flea bites, so it wouldnt be able to infect him wilst he is wearing it, and he only takes it off when tea time rolls around. (( i dun think anyone coughed in his tea.))

Paintcheck

I think we need to figure out a more cohesive canon while we're at it. What Bobby just described about having a scuba regulator confuses me. Can we please figure out a timeline and setting and stuff before another faction goes "Herp derp we have airplanes and tanks and assault rifles" because I was under the impression this was supposed to be more on the Fantasy/Medieval side of things and not entirely steampunk/advanced technology like what Bobby described and what DEAP has.

Ragolution

Quote from: Paintcheck on 26-05-2011
I think we need to figure out a more cohesive canon while we're at it. What Bobby just described about having a scuba regulator confuses me. Can we please figure out a timeline and setting and stuff before another faction goes "Herp derp we have airplanes and tanks and assault rifles" because I was under the impression this was supposed to be more on the Fantasy/Medieval side of things and not entirely steampunk/advanced technology like what Bobby described and what DEAP has.

We definitely don't have airplanes. We have air SHIPS but planes are too advanced, in my opinion.
Airships are just modified hot air balloons.

Tanks are also something I don't think we would have, especially not the DEAP which has/had a non-warlike tendancy.

emperor bobby

In retrospect, that does sound kinda silly, the breathing underwater bit. I take that back, but it Does Filter The air that passes through it.

Ragolution

Quote from: emperor bobby on 27-05-2011
In retrospect, that does sound kinda silly, the breathing underwater bit. I take that back, but it Does Filter The air that passes through it.

You could have a system that creates air using electrolysis, but that's pure oxygen and the technology is pretty advanced and intricate even by modern standards.