PORTKINS' GARBAGE BIN. IGNORE THIS.

Started by gunslinger7, 14-05-2011

Feerman

Bump
This was a good thread, and since people are doing more events now, why not use this?

Demonizer877

Well I'm going around selling IC items and that's why I'm setting up tents all around the world. I'm also going to be selling normal merchant materials, but IC items will be my main product. I'll start up small and build up to a few events for different factions.

Perhaps giving two factions half of a key each that unlocks a chest full of valuable materials I have managed to gather and then making them fight over it. An iron ingot would represent half of the key and when one faction has aquired the other key from the other faction, I will release the location of the chest. Could be fun, except I would have to ask the other faction first to make sure you have not just pretended to steal the other half of the key.

Basically just stuff like that.
Awesomeness is the best trait one can have

GreenLeprechaun

By having all these big events where all factions are invovlved, i thought a little inside the box. What about all factions have a festival, that will last for aprox one week?

With a so called festival people could gather in that city and rp. Also by creating a festival the given faction needs to create a hunt for a treasure which will lead people around in the city with clues from books or stories.

just an idea.
Elf: Tiny man!!
Human: That's no man thats a leprechaun!
Dwarf: A leprechaun!?! We will hang him by his feet and beat him like a piñata 'till the gold falls out!!!
Elf: with this golden salmon.
Human: gold does not come from leprechauns... it comes from china.
Elf: oh..

Gabriel23

Quote from: GreenLeprechaun on 30-10-2011
By having all these big events where all factions are invovlved, i thought a little inside the box. What about all factions have a festival, that will last for aprox one week?

With a so called festival people could gather in that city and rp. Also by creating a festival the given faction needs to create a hunt for a treasure which will lead people around in the city with clues from books or stories.

just an idea.

I think this is a great idea, should encourage a bit of roleplaying and a chance to get to know the new factions.

Mr_Squirrel

Quote from: geccoy on 18-05-2011
If/when I get enough members, I plan on holding arena fights to the death.
The participants will be randomly selected from factions that are allied and wish to partake in the event.
The winner lives, and is given resources for their faction.

Like The Hunger Games? :3

Mr_Squirrel

Well since most people are talking about the nether and stuff like that I have an idea that includes it.

You all remember that RP thing about The Devil's Pawn or whatever? Ok so...

Aceon is slowly going to hell, the land is forming and changing, people have been disappearing.
Droughts, diseases, and natural disasters are starting up all over Aceon. Secret cults have been making nether portals and shrines to praise the "demons". Eventually, the pawn will lead an army of either good, or evil to destroy the world or save it from the armies of the nether, lead by the leader of the nether himself. In the end,it is either the death of Aceon or the re-birth (gets saved). People have predicted or have visions of the pawn, now they are coming true...Factions will have to unite, and fight for the life of Aceon.

So I was thinking that we would pick someone to be The Devil's Pawn and that person would have this choice (Either way if Aceon dies or is saved it still gets "re-birthed"). We would also maybe need someone to RP as the leader of the nether. Also, maybe the army or we could just use mobs.
What do you think?

GreenLeprechaun

Quote from: Mr_Squirrel on 30-10-2011
Well since most people are talking about the nether and stuff like that I have an idea that includes it.

You all remember that RP thing about The Devil's Pawn or whatever? Ok so...

Aceon is slowly going to hell, the land is forming and changing, people have been disappearing.
Droughts, diseases, and natural disasters are starting up all over Aceon. Secret cults have been making nether portals and shrines to praise the "demons". Eventually, the pawn will lead an army of either good, or evil to destroy the world or save it from the armies of the nether, lead by the leader of the nether himself. In the end,it is either the death of Aceon or the re-birth (gets saved). People have predicted or have visions of the pawn, now they are coming true...Factions will have to unite, and fight for the life of Aceon.

So I was thinking that we would pick someone to be The Devil's Pawn and that person would have this choice (Either way if Aceon dies or is saved it still gets "re-birthed"). We would also maybe need someone to RP as the leader of the nether. Also, maybe the army or we could just use mobs.
What do you think?
Well it sounds kinda neat. Also if there is a need of an evil faction that praises the nether/demon/god of death (my favorite :D) i would have no problems being the evil faction (devils pawn)... got some plans that could work for a dark/evil faction... Example in the city there will b mob spawners hidden in various locations so you would have to fight your way through up to the main temple. In short a dead civilisation/city, where the people have turned into demons (zombies, skeletons)... ofc this will have to be at teh hardest in the night, however the chamber where the portal to the nether could b located underground in a crypt.   
Elf: Tiny man!!
Human: That's no man thats a leprechaun!
Dwarf: A leprechaun!?! We will hang him by his feet and beat him like a piñata 'till the gold falls out!!!
Elf: with this golden salmon.
Human: gold does not come from leprechauns... it comes from china.
Elf: oh..

Edvyn

My idea: Hunt for the wizard.
Basically, after Ermor fell, the sorceror-scientist Edmond Sellafield went missing. However, there have been sightings of the mad old wizard in different parts of Aceon. If this man could be found and convinced to aid a faction, that faction would have quite a powerful ally.

Basically, everyone can search for Edmond IC, and try to get him into their faction for the mystical powers he possesses.

Mr_Squirrel

Quote from: Edvyn on 03-11-2011
Basically, after Ermor fell, the sorceror-scientist Edmond Sellafield went missing. However, there have been sightings of the mad old wizard in different parts of Aceon. If this man could be found and convinced to aid a faction, that faction would have quite a powerful ally.

Basically, everyone can search for Edmond IC, and try to get him into their faction for the mystical powers he possesses.

Any RP event about just one character and their life will not be fun to anyone but themself.

Ragolution

Quote from: Mr_Squirrel on 03-11-2011
Quote from: Edvyn on 03-11-2011

Any RP event about just one character and their life will not be fun to anyone but themself.

This.

Demonizer877

Port I hope you're trolling me because now I can't even talk on global ooc chat. It still says "Do not have permissions" but it's not about build rights like I first believed. Something has gone wrong and I have no idea what but the server won't let me do anything bar walk around right now so I'd like this to be fixed D: Basically I'm posting this here so everyone knows I can't talk whilst I'm on the server and I am not just being a dick because I'm not responding.

Edit: Mobs are not attacking me either? Dunno if it'll help but it's just an observation...

Edit 2: Now it's spamming the chat screen with "Sorry, you do not have permissions" :'(
Awesomeness is the best trait one can have

Ragolution

Mr_Squirrel

Yep. Port banned me for making emotes. I thought that I was banned for maybe a second, or a few minutes. But I seem to be banned, as in actually banned. So I am wondering when, if ever, I will be unban?

geccoy

Please keep these personal topics to PMs.

geccoy

I have also encountered the same problem.
Creepers won't even look at me.

Mr_Squirrel

Quote from: geccoy on 22-11-2011
Please keep these personal topics to PMs.

You're saying that this is a PM to Port?

Ragolution

Quote from: geccoy on 22-11-2011
I have also encountered the same problem.
Creepers won't even look at me.

Maybe you...

*sunglasses*

Creep them out.

Ragolution

Oh.

MFW I forgot to unban you.

It's fixed now.

I had asked beano to count to 12 then he never did.

Mr_Squirrel

Quote from: Ragolution on 22-11-2011
Oh.

MFW I forgot to unban you.

It's fixed now.

I had asked beano to count to 12 then he never did.

BBBEEEAAANNNOOO!!!!!!!!!

FluffPuppies

did this start over or is my computer being starnge?

Ragolution

Quote from: FluffPuppies on 22-11-2011

It started over. All of the old applications were put into a separate thread.

FluffPuppies

Quote from: Ragolution on 22-11-2011
Quote from: FluffPuppies on 22-11-2011

It started over. All of the old applications were put into a separate thread.
okay. thankyou