Portkins' Big Ol' Garbage Bin

Started by GreenLeprechaun, 31-10-2011

Codeyday

Minecraft Account: Codeyday

Mage's Name: Anorack Deadwood

Mage Type: Sorceror

Mantra: Third (Life)

Spells/Powers:

[Anorack begins each day with 100 Mana. To recharge his mana, he must read from his Bula'maal at the beginning of the day. Failure to do so leaves him unable to get more mana, until next sunrise.]

Vitae Magna: The Sorceror opens the Bula'maal, flicking through the pages until he finds the correct spell. Then he reads from the tome, raising his hand in front of him. As he finishes off the last syllable of the last word, a disk of Rock bursts up through the ground, hovering in front of Anorack as a sort of shield. [Mana Cost: 20 - The amount of damage it can take varies with the nature of the weapon used against it. Diamond, of course, destroys it easily - Iron less easily - Stone fairly slow - Wood...Very slow... - Fist...It's unlikely they'll be able to keep up a constant attack with their fists without being hit by some other spell. : Magic Damage to the Shield: [Need Help Here] - Can only be used on solid earth, not in water, on trees, inside houses and so on.]

Vitis Profusum: The Sorceror opens the Bula'maal, choosing one of the spells on the first page. He raises his hand, speaking a chant from the Tome. As he chants, the vines around him start to twitch, becoming restless. When the last syllable of the last word of the chant is said, the vines bursts forwards, attempting to lash themselves around the target. [Mana Cost: 20 - The vines lose life after 20 seconds, at which point they drop to the ground and become lifeless. The vines can be cut away by stone + swords or axes. Can only be used if Vines are within a 15 Block Radius.]

Dormientes Flores: The Sorceror opens the Bula'maal, going to the back of the Tome.  He then kneels down, placing his hand on the Earth. He closes his eyes and chants, making flowers grow out of the ground. When he finishes the chant, the flowers are shining with a strange intensity. If anyone was to step within a 1 block radius around any of the flowers, they'd become sleepy and slow for 10 seconds. They'll also set off any flowers that are less than 3 blocks away from it. [Mana Cost: 10 - Once the flowers are set off, they turn into normal flowers. The flowers also turn normal if they haven't been set off in 2 days.]

Lignum Crusta: The Sorceror opens to the front of the Bula'maal, running his finger across an extract. He then places the Tome on the ground in front of him, and kneels down. He begins to chant, moving his hands in rhythmic motions. Trees grow out of the ground around him, growing taller as his chanting gets more intense. Finally, the Sorceror is encased inside what would appear to be a large tree. [Mana Cost: 50 - If the tree gets chopped down, then the Sorceror takes 5 Heart Damage.]

Sacraficium Vita: The Sorceror opens the Bula'maal, flicking through a few pages before finding a torn one. He reads from it, stretching out his hand towards his target. As he finishes the sentence, he yelps in pain. A stream of green energy bursts from his outstretched hand. If it was to hit the target, they'd take 4 hearts of damage. [Mana Cost: 30 - Casting this spell removes 4 Hearts from the Sorceror (Sacraficium Vita = The Sacrafice of Life in Latin). The spell cant be cast if the Sorceror has less than 4 Hearts]

[Im open to constructive criticism on this. If it's too Overpowered, feel free to edit it and show me how I can make it less so.]

Edit: Sorry about the color, hopefully fixed now.

Mr_Squirrel

Quote from: Superblackbiker on 04-02-2012
Quote from: Mr_Squirrel on 04-02-2012
Quote from: Andrew Weasley on 04-02-2012
Quote from: RanmaChan on 04-02-2012
We aren't wiping the map every other month to keep things fresh, if the update hadn't screwed up the map horribly we wouldn't be changing the map at all.  And we are not going as far back as Ermor, we are not re-creating Ermor, because people want to play minecraft while they roleplay rather than just roleplay, so what ever.

Picture the server at the time period it is now.  It is a number of decades after Ermor.  That is exactly what I want to do again, just restart at that moment to allow people to keep the characters they had either in Ermor (old people and elves/dwarves, etc), or that they created during the last few weeks.  New characters can obviously be created too.  The plan is not to go and then re-create Thorn or the other factions exactly, as people will follow entirely new paths.

ChiefOh has been appointed the new Events Master, and I am sure that with his enthusiasm and building skill we will have a lot more interesting events to stop the playerbase from becoming bored.
So our characters will have no memory of the others we have met?

No, it will be a restart right at the point where this server started.
Ah, so we would just act like the Thorn or RoE never happened?

You would act just like you acted when this server map started.

Eh I think we should make up a lore that something happend and destroyed everything and those who want new characters were the ones who died in the destruction. Because firstly, I don't want to RP meeting new people everytime I log on which always seems to be the case. Secondly, I don't want all the cool shit we did to just go on like it never happend. On the other hand, it will be nice to have the Sallathor family alive again.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Maybe Beano did something?
If we did that, we'd have to forget  or change the incident he did to get out of being a villian, doing a huge spell which destroyed the base and killed Hadrian and him.
It was just a suggestion.

2ktaco

I skimmed the first 2 but, skipped the others cuz the greyness was hard to read.
SUGGESTION: change dat text to white.

Alaizia

so we roleplay from where we began? so I would role play from where Alaizia first comes to the Thorn? ..... I am using that as an example so I can understand...

fordwell

Last statement on Ermor: If you all had just built it, given us houses, and then let us loose to do what we wanted your server would have been perfect, you know, rather from making a new "capitol" every time you reset the server because people like one big city.

Either way bring on the new map I'm sure we will make it great.

Chewnez

While we are throwing out ideas, here is mine: We stay in the same time period we are in but its like a whole new part of the world (kind of like Skyrim in after Oblivion and in a different part of the world). We have a group that will create towns similiar to each other as in one town isn't completely awesome while another sucks. We could/won't have a main city kind of like THorn seemed to be. THe map would be unjoinable for a week or so except those on the build team which are only trusted  people for they will get admin capabilities to help speed up building. WHen all the towns and other fun secret stuff so poeple would have a reason to explore the map is opened back up to the public (basically what i am suggesting is making an Elder Scrolls Minecraft version but hey, they are successful games so why not). The map should be random generated except for stuff we add of course. THAT is what I suggest, so please keep this in mind.

2ktaco

An Elder Scrolls-ish world gets a +1 from me. The location setup of oblivion anyway, I like the linked towns with smaller locations in between.

RanmaChan

Quote from: fordwell on 04-02-2012
Last statement on Ermor: If you all had just built it, given us houses, and then let us loose to do what we wanted your server would have been perfect, you know, rather from making a new "capitol" every time you reset the server because people like one big city.

Either way bring on the new map I'm sure we will make it great.

We did built it, we had everyone build their own houses, then we let you loose to do what you wanted.  What everyone wanted was different though.  The rules made it so that you really had to play a specific character type with highly advanced roleplaying rules.  I think what you mean is basically just let everyone loose to do what ever the hell they wanted.

The server is not going to be an Elder Scrolls server, nor is it going to have pre-built towns.  People have never liked the idea of having to live in a house pre-built for them, they want to build their own towns and houses.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

2ktaco

Ok. We're doing it just like this last one. We plop out in a strange land and, get to it. Right?

RanmaChan

Quote from: 2ktaco on 04-02-2012
Ok. We're doing it just like this last one. We plop out in a strange land and, get to it. Right?

Pretty much, we just have to wait and see whether or not we have to make new characters for it.

Ragolution

Quote from: Ragolution on 03-02-2012
Fuck you all.
The reason I'm saying you can't keep your characters is:

1. If we're in an alternate timeline, THEY'RE NOT AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW, THEY'RE DOING WHAT YOU ALREADY DID

2. If we change the timeline entirely THEY ARE DEAD OR NOT BORN.

I am saying we restart the server right at the same spot we started the other one at, meaning not some "alternate dimension" just a sort of rewind to the start where things can happen differently.  Even if we do go for an alternate timeline, it doesn't mean that the characters wouldn't be available or doing what they already did, because that is in a different timeline entirely, in this one the characters would be freed to go about things differently.  I really don't see why you don't want people to keep their characters Port, when its obvious everyone wants to.

Everything you're saying still resets their characters.

RanmaChan

Quote from: Ragolution on 05-02-2012
Fuck you all.

1. If we're in an alternate timeline, THEY'RE NOT AVAILABLE RIGHT NOW, THEY'RE DOING WHAT YOU ALREADY DID

I am saying we restart the server right at the same spot we started the other one at, meaning not some "alternate dimension" just a sort of rewind to the start where things can happen differently.  Even if we do go for an alternate timeline, it doesn't mean that the characters wouldn't be available or doing what they already did, because that is in a different timeline entirely, in this one the characters would be freed to go about things differently.  I really don't see why you don't want people to keep their characters Port, when its obvious everyone wants to.

It resets the interactions they had with other characters, but it doesn't reset/delete them entirely, they get to keep their core character, the essence, and I don't see the harm in it or the point of trying to obliterate everything when we can still salvage things and restart from a certain point.

Ragolution

Quote from: RanmaChan on 05-02-2012
Fuck you all.

It resets the interactions they had with other characters, but it doesn't reset/delete them entirely, they get to keep their core character, the essence, and I don't see the harm in it or the point of trying to obliterate everything when we can still salvage things and restart from a certain point.

EVERYTHING is lost from the last server/map in that case.
Clinging to characters that never needed to exist seems painfully tedious and is personally irksome.
Lore is stricken entirely and all you have left is PERSONALITIES.

In the end you've still stripped everyone of their characters.
Anyone can obviously make characters that are fucking similar to others but when you strip them down to "No History" you're doing worse than just saying "They're Dead."

RanmaChan

Fuck you all.

EVERYTHING is lost from the last server/map in that case.
Clinging to characters that never needed to exist seems painfully tedious and is personally irksome.
Lore is stricken entirely and all you have left is PERSONALITIES.

In the end you've still stripped everyone of their characters.
Anyone can obviously make characters that are fucking similar to others but when you strip them down to "No History" you're doing worse than just saying "They're Dead."

No, very little is actually lost.  Yes, they may lose who they know and who they have interacted with, but they get to keep their character's backstory, and core personality in its entirety.
Yes, I realize it is personally irksome to you for some reason, but other people just so happen to like their characters and have an attachment to them, and I don't think it is fair to ask them to throw it all away because you find it bothersome.

Lets just do the, Beano did something to the Ermor area type thing, and everybody ran away to a new place, like you suggested to me.  People get to keep their characters and the interactions they had, and we switch to a new area, still kinda post Ermor.

Mr_Squirrel

Quote from: Mr_Squirrel on 05-02-2012

Lets just do the, Beano did something to the Ermor area type thing, and everybody ran away to a new place, like you suggested to me.  People get to keep their characters and the interactions they had, and we switch to a new area, still kinda post Ermor.

Superblackbiker

I like this suggestion too. I think that the destruction he did should be the whole area, so people who want to die can say they died in the destruction and people keeping their characters can run to this new area. This would work as people with new characters, such as me, can be natives to the area and can have great knowledge of it, teaching everyone else. Its an idea that would work if thought through,
I literally have nothing to say... that is all.

RanmaChan

Yeah, I think this is what we are going to do.  Beano's villain character unleashed some unimaginable power that ruined the land, burned RoE's forests, and added Thorntown to the other ruins of past civilizations.  The survivors had to go on a mass exodus in another direction, wild lands that had never been charted or explored before, to try to pick up the pieces and rebuild.

Or something like that

Ragolution

Yeah, I think this is what we are going to do.  Beano's villain character unleashed some unimaginable power that ruined the land, burned RoE's forests, and added Thorntown to the other ruins of past civilizations.  The survivors had to go on a mass exodus in another direction, wild lands that had never been charted or explored before, to try to pick up the pieces and rebuild.

Or something like that

Nice job making it seem like I didn't have to force it down your throat.

Alaizia

I like that Idea :3, it lets those who want to keep thier characters keep them and those who dont ...well they can kill of thier current character and make new ones

Superblackbiker

Or something like that
Are the lands unexplored and charted by EVERYONE or just the people who have made their way over? As I may become a settler of the area, an adventurer, who travels alot but is looking for an area to settle down in so people can find out more about the land for me, if they choose, or allow me to offer my services to them (join their faction).
I literally have nothing to say... that is all.

RanmaChan

Quote from: Superblackbiker on 06-02-2012

Or something like that
Are the lands unexplored and charted by EVERYONE or just the people who have made their way over? As I may become a settler of the area, an adventurer, who travels alot but is looking for an area to settle down in so people can find out more about the land for me, if they choose, or allow me to offer my services to them (join their faction).

The main point is the,
Quote from: RanmaChan on 05-02-2012Or something like that.
It was just a blurb to give people some basic idea of what is going on, I don't really think specifics are worked out yet.  You can be a native of the area, someone from another place that settled the area, an adventurer hoping to scout the place out, or an evacuee from what ever it is Beano's character did.  Probably more options out there too.

meldin

Im happy that the server is gonna get wiped, but how long would this take place after thorn/RoE? I wanna know so I can make a decision on whether or not I should keep my character.

RanmaChan

Quote from: meldin on 06-02-2012
Im happy that the server is gonna get wiped, but how long would this take place after thorn/RoE? I wanna know so I can make a decision on whether or not I should keep my character.

About a week, maybe two.

Ragolution

Quote from: RanmaChan on 06-02-2012
Quote from: meldin on 06-02-2012

About a week, maybe two.

Let's go with a month to be reasonable.

RanmaChan