Portkins' Big Ol' Garbage Bin

Started by GreenLeprechaun, 31-10-2011

meldin

That wee patch of lava on the biggest island is a volcano. It sure is  microscopic volcano....

Ragolution

Quote from: meldin on 01-11-2011
Quote from: RanmaChan on 01-11-2011
Quote from: meldin on 01-11-2011
I see that little patch of lava on the biggest island. Could it be for an event, or even a cult faction?

Its a volcano.  I guess you could use it for something like that.
That wee patch of lava on the biggest island is a volcano. It sure is  microscopic volcano....

That's not lava, it's the player's spawn point.

meldin

RanmaChan

I can't recall seeing any other lava than the volcano Port, and the spawn was gravel from what I remember.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

meldin

How bout some rivers?

One going frome the southern mountain range into the lake.

Demonizer877

I don't see a ravine, but atleast one would be nice. Perhaps a few small iceburgs around the snowy islands would be good aswell.
Awesomeness is the best trait one can have

nhart96

Will this be the entire map or will there be other randomly generated parts?

Ragolution

Quote from: meldin on 02-11-2011
How bout some rivers?

One going frome the southern mountain range into the lake.

Sure.

Quote from: Demonizer877 on 02-11-2011
I don't see a ravine, but atleast one would be nice. Perhaps a few small iceburgs around the snowy islands would be good aswell.

Uhm...

Maybe.

Quote from: nhart96 on 02-11-2011
Will this be the entire map or will there be other randomly generated parts?

This is the entire map.

Me, Quin and Bobby have resolved that the "Lack of RP" issue is because everyone spreads out so goddamn much.

Gabriel23

Could be cool to get some cliffs going into the sea rather than just beaches. I agree with deamon would be nice to have at least one ravine. Also do you get to choose where/how many strongholds there are?

Ragolution

Quote from: Gabriel23 on 02-11-2011
Could be cool to get some cliffs going into the sea rather than just beaches.

I'm okay with this.

I agree with deamon would be nice to have at least one ravine.

It can't be done :(

Also do you get to choose where/how many strongholds there are?

Nope, hopefully we got a good seed.

If not, I'll manually make some abandoned castles I guess.

RanmaChan

Quote from: Ragolution on 02-11-2011
Me and Bobby have resolved that the "Lack of RP" issue is because everyone spreads out so goddamn much.

Fixed

Ragolution

Fauxnal

Is the map going to be change while the sever is down?

Beano

Quote from: Fauxnal on 02-11-2011
Is the map going to be change while the sever is down?
Doubt it, this is so we know what's happening for the 1.9 wipe (right word?)
All hope must be disregarded

12:37 PM - Beano #JizzCake: how is babby formed
12:37 PM - SumRandomGuy: once upon a time
12:38 PM - SumRandomGuy: there was this giant big thingy thing
12:38 PM - SumRandomGuy: its called my benis

meldin

The map is awesome now. The river connecting to all the lakes is gonna be great for traveling to and from cities.

Ragolution

Quote from: meldin on 02-11-2011
The map is awesome now. The river connecting to all the lakes is gonna be great for traveling to and from cities.

I feel like each time I play with it it looks 15% better.

Mr_Squirrel

Why is there an meteor? Is that a volcano? Also, I would like to see more biomes. This map only seems to have one small desert biomes and a snowy biome.

Edvyn

A new faction, an enterprise built from the ashes of Ermor, ran by the mad old wizard who may well have contributed to the fall in the first place. Edmond Sellafield still stands with his company, committed to the advancement of technology, magic and his own.. personal goals. Known before the city-state's end as Ermor's most talented alchemist and feared as a dangerous warlock, Edmond was in the office of Consul at the time of the attack.

Welcome, traveller, to Sellafield Industries - Your centre for production, science, education and reanimation. Our inventions are capable of extraordinary things - Need a portal array? A gate to every hell you can dream of? A grimoire, a book of spells? A raygun? A time machine? We will do the best for you, our dear customer, to provide these bare necessities for survival in this harsh, harsh world. Funnily enough, we happen to be in need of manpower.

Sellafield Industries requires doctors, alchemists, miners, blacksmiths, guards, builders, hunters, engineers and any other kinds of people involved in production and PROGRESS! Overseeing our operations are various figureheads of these professions. We engage in the education of young people, teaching the basic sciences, histories and arts alongside wizardry - A topic Doctor Edmond Sellafield, our glorious founder, puts much pride in. We will be accepting students and professors of these fields. If you're capable of answering the call, sign up NOW! Do it in the name of lost patriotic pride! Do it for those killed in the fall of Ermor! Do it for the sake of human knowledge and UNLIMITED POWER!

If you wish to become an employee, fill out the following form. Management positions will become available when we have AT LEAST THREE employees in a certain sector.Once you've properly applied, you can join the faction with /f join Sellafield
Account name:

Full character name:
Character history and area of expertise:
Job that you want:

ROSTER:
Management:
Edvyn / Edmond Sellafield Chief of Staff

Security:
CPftw / Tsubodai Bahadur  Supply Guard
Archangel94 / Alistair White Factory Guard

Supplies:
TheAllPowerful / Ivan Blackraine Miner
123pedigree321 / Hampton LaPointe Miner
Direwolf750 / Raydon Shalehelm Miner

Research and Development:
Portkins / Dolor Septavius Mechanical Engineering Researcher
diamondrage390 / Lupus Smith
Mechanical Engineering Researcher

Education:
_beano_ / Ocato Heyward Professor of Elemental Magics

Production and Construction:

Services:
Steelcollar / Grayson Faye Alchemist
Ange166 / Axxal Sallathor
Cook

Finance:

Official Faction Name: Sellafield Industries
Abbreviation/Tag: SI
Leader (Format - OOC : IC ): Edvyn : Dr. Edmond Sellafield
Associated colors/Heraldry: Dark green and brassy-gold
Short Description: we are a company that does shit
Background (Optional): see above

Bfranx

I have a suggestion! Flat, sprawling deserts with cliffs. Wide, rolling plains. Dense thick mountain jungles, small, scattered islands, and such...
Authority does not grant maturity.
Power cannot replace ignorance.

meldin

This was voted on , everyone picked "Regular map, Goddammit" I think a lot of people would be extremely mad at you if Port suddenly changed the map because of you.

CPftw

Account: CPftw
Character name: Tsubodai Bahadur
History and area of expertise: Hunting, Archery and Swordplay
Job that I want: Security and possibly Supplies
pffft

RanmaChan

Quote from: meldin on 03-11-2011
This was voted on , everyone picked "Regular map, Goddammit" I think a lot of people would be extremely mad at you if Port suddenly changed the map because of you.

How is what he is suggesting not things you would see on a regular map?  I even suggested to Port that he add in some jungle islands or a larger desert.  Port asked for suggestions of stuff to be posted in this thread to be added to the map, and I don't understand where you are getting your concept of what a regular map is, and why people would be angry is Port added a few more cliffs, plains, a jungle area, or more islands.

Quote from: Mr_Squirrel
I would like to see more biomes. This map only seems to have one small desert biomes and a snowy biome.

Archangel94

Account name: Archangel94
Full character name: Alistair White
Character history and area of expertise: Swordsmanship, Former leader of the Exploration Guild, Some Archery
Job that you want: Security  (chief of security ?)

Ragolution

Quote from: Mr_Squirrel
I would like to see more biomes. This map only seems to have one small desert biomes and a snowy biome.

Be more specific.

Demonizer877

I hate mushroom forests, although it'd be cool if you could make one of the islands into a swamp biome.
Awesomeness is the best trait one can have