Old Lore

Started by Ragolution, 09-11-2011

meldin

I really need some dark elf re-textures with pale white skin.

RanmaChan

Quote from: meldin on 07-12-2011

No such thing as dark elves with pale white skin!  Even though when you think about it, creatures that live in caves usually lose their pigmentation.... But still!  That is why they are called Dark Elves!
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Ragolution

Quote from: RanmaChan on 07-12-2011

No such thing as dark elves with pale white skin!  Even though when you think about it, creatures that live in caves usually lose their pigmentation.... But still!  That is why they are called Dark Elves!

Cave Elves =/= Dark Elves (On concept, not principle.)

RanmaChan

Quote from: Ragolution on 07-12-2011

Only Dark Elves I have ever heard of not living underground is from The Elder Scrolls.

Ragolution

Quote from: Ragolution on 07-12-2011

Only Dark Elves I have ever heard of not living underground is from The Elder Scrolls.

Kokkaku Kishu

Could i get the clan added plz?

Ragolution

Quote from: Kokkaku Kishu on 07-12-2011
Could i get the clan added plz?

Does not apply to this thread.

meldin

well it's either kokkaku changes his elf's skin to the pale violet colour I have picked out, or we change dark elves pigmentation in general.

Kokkaku Kishu

but i got permision for that i even explained why D:

meldin

well it's either you change it like i said, and it's really not that big of a deal.
Or you can apply for a different kind of elf, which port'll probably say "it's to much like the dark elves."

RanmaChan

Or you can apply for a different kind of elf, which port'll (Quin) probably say "it's to much like the dark elves."

Already did that.

Ragolution

Or you can apply for a different kind of elf, which port'll (Quin) probably say "it's to much like the dark elves."

Already did that.

meldin

Then Spektrum needs to change his skin colour.

Ragolution

Then Spektrum needs to change his skin colour.

Jagger made the lore book, so his decision can only be overturned by an admin or something.

Kokkaku Kishu

Ill change it just for you guys. but for the record I explained how the pale skin was aquired in the mini lore in my magic application that was approved. (which was what I meant by could I get the clan added :P) so if you could...plz...read over it

meldin

Quote from: Kokkaku Kishu on 08-12-2011
Ill change it just for you guys. but for the record I explained how the pale skin was aquired in the mini lore in my magic application that was approved. (which was what I meant by could I get the clan added :P ) so if you could...plz...read over it

Lore is different from a magic application. You would first have to run your sub-race as a race app, not a magic app. Then  when it gets accepted you kinda have to run it through me, because I've been looking after the elven lore (mainly because I used to be one of the main elves on the server).

God, i wish I was on the event team..... If I was only told recommendations were only good for a couple weeks.....

Ragolution

Quote from: meldin on 08-12-2011
Ill change it just for you guys. but for the record I explained how the pale skin was aquired in the mini lore in my magic application that was approved. (which was what I meant by could I get the clan added :P ) so if you could...plz...read over it

Lore is different from a magic application. You would first have to run your sub-race as a race app, not a magic app. Then  when it gets accepted you kinda have to run it through me, because I've been looking after the elven lore (mainly because I used to be one of the main elves on the server).

God, i wish I was on the event team..... If I was only told recommendations were only good for a couple weeks.....

Just get a new rec, dumbass.

Also, you abused Creative. That's a factor.

Kokkaku Kishu

You would first have to run your sub-race as a race app, not a magic app. Then  when it gets accepted you kinda have to run it through me, because I've been looking after the elven lore (mainly because I used to be one of the main elves on the server).

I already tried to run it as a seperate race. me and quin agreed that i could keep my stuff if i just made it a small seperate clan of dark elves and i just needed to apply for magic.

Ragolution

You would first have to run your sub-race as a race app, not a magic app. Then  when it gets accepted you kinda have to run it through me, because I've been looking after the elven lore (mainly because I used to be one of the main elves on the server).

I already tried to run it as a seperate race. me and quin agreed that i could keep my stuff if i just made it a small seperate clan of dark elves and i just needed to apply for magic.

Gunna made a judgement on this, I guess:

You deviated from the Dark Elf template. Correct your skin, please.

meldin

QuoteJust get a new rec, dumbass.

Also, you abused Creative. That's a factor.

I don't know.....
I don't really like spawning items unless I have to and probably wouldn't,
but because it's almost impossible to get half of the ingredients for potions and probably would abuse it, maybe, i don't know....

Probably will wait a little while.
Though I could be helpful if I was on event team.....

I think i'll wait a while, i don't know if you guys are willing to give it to me right now....

2ktaco

Just how strong is Decutti steel?

Ragolution

Sharper than aluminum and stronger than cast iron.

Ragolution

Lorehound Notice: This story is from the viewpoint of the same person as the story that began with "The calm amongst the storm."  The one with the Emperor.

"It's always been cold. Damn cold in winter, and colder still since she fell.
What fell, ye ask? Everything did. Walls, cities, trees, people and civilizations. The bloody world herself fell on her knees and cried out in anguish.
Most importantly, Ermor died that day and so did everything Humanity had struggled to make for itself.
Bloody elves just grow a city. Drop a seed in the dirt and pray.
Friggen Dwarves just live in caves and drink until they die.

But us? The humans? We work hard, work ourselves into the grave for everything we have and it seems like we're the most prone to have the gods hack a gob of phlegm back into our faces.
But it fell... Ermor did... And it changed... everything.

I don't need to tell you how it fell. Hopefully you know that story. Fuckin' snakemens and their goddamn rebellion. What's more important is what happened after.
Ermor disappeared o'night. Almost. The bleedin' whole city was looted n' ransacked faster innit was put 'agether.
Seemed like no one cared after the Fall. No one.

I could tell you stories about globes made of silk, hangin' in the sky and the Emperor's great iron ship, the Tidebreaker, but you'd never believe me. I doubt anyone would, now. Fo' the most part, that technology died with the Emperor, it seems... Some are trying to bring it back, but... S'just like when m' goodfather told me about the Dark Age after the Provectum and them Elves sunnenly disappeared.

Magic rules, but sometimes it don't.
People are barbaric. Some try to use the tech, but no one knows how.
Me? Naw. I was just a farmboy. I ain't learned nothin' bout steam.

I feel the heat, though. The tension. Magic ain't as powerful as it was when m' goodfather was around. Not at all. It's dyin'- feels like. Everyone tries, but fer every man who casts a spell, seems everyone else gets a bit more weak.
Wuzzat? 'Bout the Emperor? He burned to death with all the knowledge of the last Era. Seems like.
What he left behind is a war.
Barbarians 'r everywhere. You know that.  Bandits. Brothels. Communes. Hellholes all of them.
Those few who're trying to get technology back are fightin' the mages. Maybe they'll win. Who knows with the magic n' shit, right? Answer me, boy."

Ragolution

Aceonic Villains Unite
Are you evil?
Do you like to see people suffer? Do you have an insatiable lust to control the world?
Maybe you like to use giant doomsday weapons with not-exactly-clear functions to obtain not-exactly-rational goals? Do you sometimes wish you had an army of bloodthirsty minions?
Got nothing to do?
Well now's your chance to be a villain!
Simply fill out this application and we'll get back to you!

Villainous Perks

• Limited Powergaming ( Win fights like it's your job!)
  • Increased Spell Application Leniency ( Destroy the world with a spell! )
  • Have an epic place in your own chapter of Aceonic lore!
  • Speak diabolically at all times!
  • Terrorize the world!
Accepted Villain Types:
(All excerpts borrowed from Wikipedia)

Femme Fatale - The phrase is French for "deadly woman". A femme fatale tries to achieve her hidden purpose by using feminine wiles such as beauty, charm, and sexual allure. In some situations, she uses lying or coercion rather than charm.

Masked Mystery Villain - The MMV is the often main villain, and often acting behind the scenes with henchmen confronting the protagonists directly. Usually, the protagonists must discover the villain's true identity before they can be defeated. Often the Masked Mystery Villain will turn out to be either one of the protagonists themselves or a significant member of the supporting cast.

Dark Lord/Archenemy - Often depicted as a diabolical force, the Dark Lord may be more a force than a personality. Besides his usual magical abilities, he often controls great armies and can be portrayed as possessing devil-like qualities. A Dark Lord is usually depicted as the ultimate personification of evil, often committing atrocities that make common people afraid to speak their very names

Mad Scientist - The Mad Scientist may be villainous or antagonistic, benign or neutral, and whether insane, eccentric, or simply bumbling, mad scientists often work with impossible technology in order to forward their schemes.  Not all mad scientists are evil or villains. Some may have benevolent or good spirited intentions, even if their actions are dangerous or questionable, which can make them accidental villains.

Byronic/False Hero - Click!

Mad Scientists can use the whole chart for thier alignment but every other "Villain Class" must be some kind of "EVIL" alignment.

Guide for Character Alignments

Whichever villain type you select dictates how much leniency and what kind you will receive. Sometimes the answer is "None".

Minecraft Account:
Do you have BR?:

Character's Name:

Villain Type:
Alignment:

Backstory: ( 3 Paragraphs AT LEAST )

Good Luck!

Kokkaku Kishu

question: what about opposing forces that aren't essentially evil, just have opposing goals to the "good guys"?