Locking down topics

Started by braindawgs66, 09-04-2011

braindawgs66

Please stop locking down topics, these issues need to be resolved, you cant just ignore them.
Do not ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country!

Paintcheck

I wouldn't lock them if

1. They didn't devolve into flame wars (Which the last 3 certainly did. When I lock a topic and say "Calm down and don't post it again without posting calmly and politely" I mean it. Gunslinger didn't listen so he got a 3 day forum ban. That's his fault.)
2. People actually had a real method to fixing the griefing, which I have yet to see. 99% of the topics are kids whining "Zomg grifers admins sux cause they don't catch them! Catching grifers is easy!!1! ur all terrible" without any sort of suggestions as to how we might do it (since I guarantee you griefers grief when the server is empty).
3. People stop bitching about abuse without proof. You guys all whined about how goldgamer and braindawgs got banned temporarily for "No proof at all" and then you are clamoring for Zstan's head without proof. You can't have it both ways.

Topics will stay open when they actually provide good solutions, not just a bunch of whiny 12 year olds making nonsensical, inflammatory statements about everything and everyone.

Ragolution

Quote from: Paintcheck on 09-04-2011
I wouldn't lock them if

1. They didn't devolve into flame wars (Which the last 3 certainly did. When I lock a topic and say "Calm down and don't post it again without posting calmly and politely" I mean it. Gunslinger didn't listen so he got a 3 day forum ban. That's his fault.)
2. People actually had a real method to fixing the griefing, which I have yet to see. 99% of the topics are kids whining "Zomg grifers admins sux cause they don't catch them! Catching grifers is easy!!1! ur all terrible" without any sort of suggestions as to how we might do it (since I guarantee you griefers grief when the server is empty).
3. People stop bitching about abuse without proof. You guys all whined about how goldgamer and braindawgs got banned temporarily for "No proof at all" and then you are clamoring for Zstan's head without proof. You can't have it both ways.

Topics will stay open when they actually provide good solutions, not just a bunch of whiny 12 year olds making nonsensical, inflammatory statements about everything and everyone.

1. Yup

2. Yup

3. Yup.