Is the server ever gonna go up?

Started by meldin, 08-04-2014

meldin

I've been waiting quite a while....

Syndraell

Dunno. I've been wanting to do a bit of minecraft as well.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

oldgreg8268

Z-Zombies? Dead Rising? I can take em'. Project Zomboid? RRRUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!

CPftw

I was really hoping this would actually happen...
pffft

Andrew Weasley

I was under the impression that there is an active server, however it was closed to everyone while someone was building a starter zone. I say FUCK that and open, but I doubt there is even a server anymore.
- Ange
Keep on keepin on. Lifes a garden, dig it.
Minecraft: Axxal
Steam: call_me_axx

jaik

Quote from: CPftw on 16-04-2014
I was really hoping this would actually happen...

We all have had naive hope in HGN at some point. It's just that by now, you need to accept that HGN is far from a priority for Silver and it will not be revived. Consider that he hasn't been on the forums in days.

Quote from: Andrew Weasley on 17-04-2014
I was under the impression that there is an active server, however it was closed to everyone while someone was building a starter zone. I say FUCK that and open, but I doubt there is even a server anymore.
- Ange

Terraria is the only functioning server as much as I heard.

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

CPftw

Quote from: Andrew Weasley on 17-04-2014
- Ange
I was helping build the starter zone and it was basically complete then suddenly it went dead, I have no idea what happened but oh well
pffft

Andrew Weasley

Quote from: CPftw on 17-04-2014
I was helping build the starter zone and it was basically complete then suddenly it went dead, I have no idea what happened but oh well

So the server was up at some point? Dammit.
I miss Aceon.

meldin

So basically I talked to Feer and he said that things have made a turn in his life and he's really sorry how things have gone (I've been bugging him a lot on steam about it lately). I don't think it will happen, at least with Feer leading it.

Soothsayer_Naes

So the server is definitely on hold then?
No-one other then Feer will be taking charge of it?
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

Andrew Weasley

Well then, we just need a new Mod and the server to be put up. The rest will just naturally develop like the past worlds we had for Aceon.

From what I remember, when we forced people to be in one area in order to encourage RP, it didn't turn out very well (Ermor). But when we let people free to do what they want, multiple cities were born (Novarium, FreeCities, the fucking elf place that Port and Quin built).

Just open the server!

Syndraell

Quote from: Andrew Weasley on 18-04-2014
Just open the server!

'Nuff Said.

A good server is determined by it's playerbase. Not by it's starting zone.
I'd rather join a server that looks okay and has a good number of people online, than go to a awesome looking server that's a wasteland.

CoolFeerman

Listen, I'll be honest, I haven't actively checked the forums for awhile. As said above, life hasn't been going a really nice way for me, and while I really wanted to do this project things got in the way, I got a tad lazy and overwhelmed which at times just can't be helped. The end of school is coming soon so time is opening up, combined with the fact that people actually want this to happen, I'll work on it again and get a few people together as a small moderation team to start stuff out. I do have a map pretty much completed, but I have to do a few tweaks to get it right. I do want to do this, definitely, I just didn't think that I could properly run the server with things going like they have been the past months, but things have been getting better so I figure I might as well try this again, Silver permitting. That being said, I think I accidentally fucked up and removed him off steam.

tl;dr
I'll try Silver permitting. Sorry for being a poopbutt.

edit: and yeah, I'm aware that HGN isn't as big as it used to be and probably won't be as big as it was again, but for the time being if I can provide a friendly community that has fun together through Silver then that'd be pretty goddamn cool.

edit2: I also can't do this (again, permitting) until early next week sometime. Currently busy with a blacksmithing class and will be doing that over the weekend.

Soothsayer_Naes

Well, it's good to hear something may be in the works, but like Ange said, is there no way you could just open up the server, let us have a bit of free roam, and then when summer comes and you have some free time, you can make your own additions?
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

Ragolution

ugh my head hurts..

just do city of guilds... give them a Wilderness to play in

meldin

Quote from: Ragolution on 19-04-2014
ugh my head hurts..

Last time we did this, everyone just stayed in The Wilderness and forgot about the CoL.

I think if just just didnt build huge cities 1000's of blocks away from each other that only hold one or two people in it, and instead built small villages within walking distances from each other, that would be best.

Syndraell

Honestly, Since feer showed me where the spawn was planned:

Just create a nice little frontier. Use wood to create a palisade around a decent sized area, not too big or small; create a gate function, and get people to build a small pioneer village in that area.

Have areas be explored to where they can be ventured into, mapped, and added to a part of a territory.
But what would really be nice? Faction mapping, kinda like a Europa Universalis thing. Have rival sects splinter off and form their own region, have wars and make shit desloated. Do that citybuilding thing. Create a canal for water and shit, man.

Just do something fun.
And that was more than my two cents worth...

CoolFeerman

ugh my head hurts..

City of Guilds was absolutely awful, so no. I AM giving them a wilderness to play in, and the map that I have is essentially done and entirely wilderness. What James said about having a starting village where people started then fucked off is what I planned on doing. I made the map big enough to have plenty of space to have cities apart from each other, but not so big everything is half a world away.

meldin

Quote from: CoolFeerman on 20-04-2014
ugh my head hurts..

City of Guilds was absolutely awful, so no. I AM giving them a wilderness to play in, and the map that I have is essentially done and entirely wilderness. What James said about having a starting village where people started then fucked off is what I planned on doing. I made the map big enough to have plenty of space to have cities apart from each other, but not so big everything is half a world away.

Perfect. This is what I've wanted on a map since I joined this server

Andrew Weasley

So then, lets get to it