DEFUNCT ACEONIC RACE APPLICATIONS/LISTINGS

Started by RanmaChan, 11-03-2012

RanmaChan

This is the thread where you can apply to add a new race to the world of Aceon.  This is also the thread where you can find a list of races already added, that you can play as.  Keep in mind, if it is not listed here, you will not be able to play as it on the server.

Below is the application you can use to apply a new race for Aceon:

Race:
Defining Features:
Why this race and not another?:
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

CPftw

Race: Human
Sub Race: Skanda or Skandan
Defining Features: Originating from the the archipelagos of the cold North, expert in coastal sailing, often mistaken for being aggressive in nature when just over expressive, nearly all are tall (6 foot or over), Fair skinned and (usually) haired, commonly have very pale blue eyes, due to originating in cold climates they struggle to cope with manual tasks in heat, normally are not good with technology from primitive lifestyles, have a mistrust of magic, likes a good saga with a flagon of mead or ale, good fishermen and poor traders.
Why this race?: A lot of new members have ideas from playing Skryim and a love of Nords, so as other races are subject to limitations it makes sense to put boundaries on what a large stock of our player base can do without good RP and back story.
pffft

RanmaChan

Quote from: CPftw on 11-03-2012
Race: Human
Defining Features: Originating from the the archipelagos of the cold North, expert in coastal sailing, often mistaken for being aggressive in nature when just over expressive, nearly all are tall (6 foot or over), Fair skinned and (usually) haired, commonly have very pale blue eyes, due to originating in cold climates they struggle to cope with manual tasks in heat, normally are not good with technology from primitive lifestyles, have a mistrust of magic, likes a good saga with a flagon of mead or ale, good fishermen and poor traders.
Why this race?: A lot of new members have ideas from playing Skryim and a love of Nords, so as other races are subject to limitations it makes sense to put boundaries on what a large stock of our player base can do without good RP and back story.

Accepted.  Too bad HuliganFish isn't here anymore to write the lore page, he really liked Nords.  Can you do it CP, like you did for the Arget?

CPftw

Quote from: RanmaChan on 11-03-2012
Too bad HuliganFish isn't here anymore to write the lore page, he really liked Nords.  Can you do it CP, like you did for the Arget?
I can try, do you mind I use a fair bit of actual norse mythology and stuff like that?
pffft

2ktaco

Like Skandians from Rangers Apprentice?

RanmaChan

Quote from: RanmaChan on 11-03-2012
Too bad HuliganFish isn't here anymore to write the lore page, he really liked Nords.  Can you do it CP, like you did for the Arget?
I can try, do you mind I use a fair bit of actual norse mythology and stuff like that?

Go for it so long as you don't rip stuff off too badly..  Lol.

CPftw

Quote from: 2ktaco on 11-03-2012
Are those the books about a boy called Will? cos if they are I haven't read them in ages jeez they had huge flammable monkeys in them didn't they? and no it is more from the words Scandinavia and Scandinavian which is where the guy who wrote the rangers apprentice probably got the name as well :P
pffft

2ktaco

Quote from: 2ktaco on 11-03-2012
Are those the books about a boy called Will? cos if they are I haven't read them in ages jeez they had huge flammable monkeys in them didn't they? and no it is more from the words Scandinavia and Scandinavian which is where the guy who wrote the rangers apprentice probably got the name as well :P
Just wondering  ;D , my brother reads them and, wont shut up. Their just a bunch of half rate hack jobs so dont bother reading. Carry on with Taco blessing :D

CPftw

The link part looks kinda bare still, Ford are you up for writing more Elf lore? and anyone else for writing some Orc, S'ogreth and Alu-Apanonar? I kinda want to write a bit of Dwarf lore and try some goblin, but if anyone else wants to say so.

and

Race: Goblin
Sub Race: Hobgoblin
Defining Features: Like all goblins in general appearance save for the pinkish or purplish tinge to their skin, and their neon blue eyes. The Hobgoblin is commonly confused with small Orcs but is in fact a much smaller species of Goblin averaging around 4 feet in height. The Hobgoblin is usually the master sneak and mischief maker, and can often be found in attics making noises or under bridges making 'Troll' sounds to scare unsuspecting victims. The species is very violent but has an innate fear of blood so often refrains from causing serious harm. At times of war a pack of Hobgoblins would be sent into the enemy camp to put all sorts of nasty things into boots, helmets and soups, and would replace swords with wooden replicas. In the city environment a Hobgoblin can often be found among a gang of thieves picking the pockets of the upper classes. Those Hobgoblins who have magical ability will often use it to do things such as tie shoe laces together or undo purse stitches...
Why this race?: It seemed kind of weird having goblins and only one sub race to me so I though I would try this
pffft

2ktaco

I'm working on the Merfolk (Apanonans) but, I'm not sure if I want to try at the orcs again.

RanmaChan

Quote from: CPftw on 12-03-2012
The link part looks kinda bare still, Ford are you up for writing more Elf lore? and anyone else for writing some Orc, S'ogreth and Alu-Apanonar? I kinda want to write a bit of Dwarf lore and try some goblin, but if anyone else wants to say so.

and

Race: Goblin
Sub Race: Hobgoblin
Defining Features: Like all goblins in general appearance save for the pinkish or purplish tinge to their skin, and their neon blue eyes. The Hobgoblin is commonly confused with small Orcs but is in fact a much smaller species of Goblin averaging around 4 feet in height. The Hobgoblin is usually the master sneak and mischief maker, and can often be found in attics making noises or under bridges making 'Troll' sounds to scare unsuspecting victims. The species is very violent but has an innate fear of blood so often refrains from causing serious harm. At times of war a pack of Hobgoblins would be sent into the enemy camp to put all sorts of nasty things into boots, helmets and soups, and would replace swords with wooden replicas. In the city environment a Hobgoblin can often be found among a gang of thieves picking the pockets of the upper classes. Those Hobgoblins who have magical ability will often use it to do things such as tie shoe laces together or undo purse stitches...
Why this race?: It seemed kind of weird having goblins and only one sub race to me so I though I would try this

Jagger right now is working on the other bits of elf lore, Taco is supposed to be working on Merfolk, and Psy is supposed to be working on S'ogreth.  I have Demon working on Novarium, but we do still ned someone to do Orcs, and the lore for the goblins and their sub race.  It would be MUCH appreciated if you sent a message to me first asking about writing the lore, and then if you write the lore, send it to me first so I can proof-read it and make sure it is ok.

Also, Accepted.

Ragolution

2ktaco

Quote from: Ragolution on 12-03-2012
Ahhhh! Stop approving races!
Its a subrace for the Goblin type. Its cool to have subraces to define and, divide the main races.

meldin

Race:Elf
Sub-Race: Eldivan

Defining Features: Very fair skinned; hair normally pale bond, silver, or white; eyes are one colour with no pupil. Sometimes have
tattoos on their face and/or hands. Live in the deepest forest for seclusion, but build large cities in them.
known for being a military people. Normally prefer the longsword as weapon of choice. Personalities are quite humble. They prefer to
stay within their on cities but some will venture off to distant lands in search of adventure.

Why this race and not another?: Because there isn't really a elven sub-race focus around worriors, well other than dark elves but
they seem to be more reapers than fighters.
I find it to be different enough from the other elven sub-races to be able to fit properly as a race

RanmaChan

Quote from: meldin on 13-03-2012
Race:Elf
Sub-Race: Eldivan

Defining Features: Very fair skinned; hair normally pale bond, silver, or white; eyes are one colour with no pupil. Sometimes have
tattoos on their face and/or hands. Live in the deepest forest for seclusion, but build large cities in them.
known for being a military people. Normally prefer the longsword as weapon of choice. Personalities are quite humble. They prefer to
stay within their on cities but some will venture off to distant lands in search of adventure.

Why this race and not another?: Because there isn't really a elven sub-race focus around worriors, well other than dark elves but
they seem to be more reapers than fighters.
I find it to be different enough from the other elven sub-races to be able to fit properly as a race

I have been approving too many races recently apparently, so I will let Port handle this one.

meldin

Port, please check my application!!!

Ragolution

Quote from: meldin on 14-03-2012

I'm trying to figure out how to tell you this without breaking your heart jagger

meldin

Quote from: Ragolution on 14-03-2012

I'm trying to figure out how to tell you this without breaking your heart jagger

Alaizia

Race: Kayal(shadow people), are descended from generations of humans trapped on the Plane of Shadow( the end). Infused with the essence of that plane, they are more and less than human. They often serve as middle men in trade and politics, concealing themselves with heavy clothing or dim light so they can work without prejudice.
Defining Features:
General: Kayal have glowing yellow eyes and skin deviod of color, being either a stark white, a midnight black or a shade of gray. Commonly thier bodies are slender and lithe, though it is not rare to see one of more shape. They tend to lack muscle, with slender arms and claw-like nails on thier fingertips.
dwelling in the shadows: Kayal, being of the shadows, feel comfortable in the dark and shade. they tend to avoid continual exposure to the sun becuase it can cuase " light sickness." Light sickness is were a kayal has stayed in broad daylight to long without the proper protection( EI: Dense clothing and or a cloak ). This sickness cuases the subject to become weak and drained of any strength they had, they may become delusional at times or if the expose continues while sick then the subject could die.

Why this race and not another?: I decided to take a second try at making a race after my first one was denied. I hope this one is a bit more fitting .

( I dont know if this would be a human sub-race or not ^^' )

Ragolution

Quote from: Ragolution on 14-03-2012

It looks fine, but I want you to rewrite it/add some stuff.

They're definitely a subrace unless you can prove otherwise.

Ragolution

Race: Humans
Sub-Race: Kayal

Defining Features:

The Kayala are a people descended from several generations of primitive humans trapped within the dimension known as "The End". Lacking a proper sun and surrounded by the darkness-loving Endermen, the Kayala rapidly mutated but remained essentially human, as Kayal/Human interbreeding has shown. Kayal invariably have pale yellow irises and skin deviod of any pigmentation; Kayalian skin tones generally range from white to gray to pinkish-white. Some Kayalians have rather thin skin and in those special cases, much of their nervous structure and veins can be viewed with the naked eye.

Most, if not all of the Kayal are slender and thin, although it is not exceedingly rare to see one with a more shapely body. Kayal majorly lack muscle, having longer than average arms with preternaturally sharpened fingernails that blacken to a perfect ebon sheen as the person grows older.

Kayal males are generally taller than the males of any other human race and have an extra set of canine teeth where their eye-teeth would be.
Kayal females are just as slender as men, but lack the extra teeth. Kayal girls often develop almost elven, pointed ears. It is also not uncommon to see completely flat-chested Kayal women.

Kayal suffer uniquely in the Aceonic daylight, their whole race being afflicted with Albinism. Kayal who dwell in the sun, uncovered are prone to develop Soluxia. The first stage of this disease will cause the Kayal to become dizzy or suddenly have a bloody nose. Second level Soluxia will cause the afflicted Kayal to wretch painfully until they vomit. Third stage Soluxia often reduces Kayal into a coma-like state that may (and often does) result in death. For this reason many Kayal either reside in colder regions to allow them to wear great amounts of clothing or carry a parasol everywhere they go. Most Kayal generally do not like to consume alcohol or narcotics as they fear they will wander into the sun while they are drunk.

Socially, the Kayal are distant and relatively cold emotionally but fear violence in all forms. They are paranoid, schizophrenic and reclusive at thier worst.  In society the Kayal are often seen in the role of negotiator and ambassador. It is only in these jobs that the Kayal seem to shed their carapace of indifference.When lives become endangered, most Kayal reveal the deep passion that is stored deep within their mind. The saying goes that there is nothing so determined as a Kayal trying to stop a war.

lilswagboogie

Race: human
Defining Features: i have the proper skin in game for a human
Why this race and not another?: i like the human race because in game they have many jobs and ways to earn money. i also like being a human because there pretty awesome  ;D

2ktaco

Quote from: lilswagboogie on 16-03-2012
Why this race and not another?: i like the human race because in game they have many jobs and ways to earn money. i also like being a human because there pretty awesome  ;D

Alaizia

Quote from: Ragolution on 16-03-2012

Defining Features:

The Kayala are a people descended from several generations of primitive humans trapped within the dimension known as "The End". Lacking a proper sun and surrounded by the darkness-loving Endermen, the Kayala rapidly mutated but remained essentially human, as Kayal/Human interbreeding has shown. Kayal invariably have pale yellow irises and skin deviod of any pigmentation; Kayalian skin tones generally range from white to gray to pinkish-white. Some Kayalians have rather thin skin and in those special cases, much of their nervous structure and veins can be viewed with the naked eye.

Most, if not all of the Kayal are slender and thin, although it is not exceedingly rare to see one with a more shapely body. Kayal majorly lack muscle, having longer than average arms with preternaturally sharpened fingernails that blacken to a perfect ebon sheen as the person grows older.

Kayal males are generally taller than the males of any other human race and have an extra set of canine teeth where their eye-teeth would be.
Kayal females are just as slender as men, but lack the extra teeth. Kayal girls often develop almost elven, pointed ears. It is also not uncommon to see completely flat-chested Kayal women.

Kayal suffer uniquely in the Aceonic daylight, their whole race being afflicted with Albinism. Kayal who dwell in the sun, uncovered are prone to develop Soluxia. The first stage of this disease will cause the Kayal to become dizzy or suddenly have a bloody nose. Second level Soluxia will cause the afflicted Kayal to wretch painfully until they vomit. Third stage Soluxia often reduces Kayal into a coma-like state that may (and often does) result in death. For this reason many Kayal either reside in colder regions to allow them to wear great amounts of clothing or carry a parasol everywhere they go. Most Kayal generally do not like to consume alcohol or narcotics as they fear they will wander into the sun while they are drunk.

Socially, the Kayal are distant and relatively cold emotionally but fear violence in all forms. They are paranoid, schizophrenic and reclusive at thier worst.  In society the Kayal are often seen in the role of negotiator and ambassador. It is only in these jobs that the Kayal seem to shed their carapace of indifference.When lives become endangered, most Kayal reveal the deep passion that is stored deep within their mind. The saying goes that there is nothing so determined as a Kayal trying to stop a war.

I think you put that masterfully :3 so does this mean its accepted ?

RanmaChan

Quote from: lilswagboogie on 16-03-2012

No no, you don't apply to be a human in here Swag.  You apply to play as a NEW race that isn't on our list yet here.  You are free to pick from the list we have, on which human is included.

Quote from: Duraga on 16-03-2012
Quote from: Ragolution on 16-03-2012

Defining Features:

I think you put that masterfully :3 so does this mean its accepted ?

ACCEPTED