A "worked" land for 1.9

Started by Feerman, 15-10-2011

Feerman

I may get hate, and extreme criticism for this, but why not have a group of pro builders make a pre-made geo map for 1.9?
Not any cities or anything just... land. Something that would fit.
Maybe a large tree, or plains and waterfalls.
I've seen LOTS of other servers do it, and the things they make turn out amazing

So why not:
Pre-Made Geo Epicness→Aceon= Great Baby for us to admire and "Awwwwwww" at.

Just an idea, I was working on a "legit" 1.8.1 map for me to live, it turned out me making humongous highways and a couple of floating islands.
And it was FUN.

-Feerman

P.S. Sadly I tried to install a 512x512 texture pack, and MC would freeze, so I deleted my .minecraft folder, and lost the map I was working on.

meldin

in my honest opinion, i'd rather it be a generated 1.9 map. Mainly because they're supposed to look awesome, and it would be more realistic, since we'd have to find the right place to build the city and build areund everything, instead of having our world being tailored to our desire.

Feerman

Quote from: meldin on 15-10-2011
in my honest opinion, i'd rather it be a generated 1.9 map. Mainly because they're supposed to look awesome, and it would be more realistic, since we'd have to find the right place to build the city and build areund everything, instead of having our world being tailored to our desire.

True, true. But in actual truth, the first Ermor was worked non-legitly anyways, maybe we'll do it legitly in 1.9
Who knows, anyways.
And humanly desires that are achieved look desirable.

EDIT: Have you seen a 1.9 map? They look the same as any other seed. And it's suppose to be fantasy, not real life RP. In E.G. an Elf could plant a magical seed a grow a tree house without even working on it. I think. Unless my take on Aceon has been wrong.

RanmaChan

Quote from: Feerman on 15-10-2011

True, true. But in actual truth, the first Ermor was worked non-legitly anyways, maybe we'll do it legitly in 1.9
Who knows, anyways.

EDIT: Have you seen a 1.9 map? They look the same as any other seed. And it's suppose to be fantasy, not real life RP. In E.G. an Elf could plant a magical seed a grow a tree house without even working on it. I think. Unless my take on Aceon has been wrong.

Well I am not getting involved with Ermor 1.9, but my assumption was that Ermor would be built at spawn or close to spawn.  DEAP always looked great to me because every structure was at a different level, with the structures and roads tailored to the land.  Whereas Ermor (version 3, 4?) had the land completely flattened and had walls built around.  If I were to make a suggestion, I would say build the city almost directly where spawn lands (give or take a bit so new people aren't spawning into people's houses).

I think it would be neat to keep our nature thing going on, having gardens and trees on top of houses, but this time utilizing hills, valleys, even rivers, to make the city look unique and maybe even more natural.  The one thing I love about this city is that each person built their own house, rather than living in pre-made ones.  The variety and difference from one house to the next just looks cool, and we keep it looking nice by using the same list of materials.

Thats why I would vote against making a pre-made map for Ermor, that each person is able to put their unique building style into the city just makes it feel better, and people like their house more when they get to build it to suit their wants and needs.  Who likes having to live in a pre-made house you don't like?  That is why the option is always there for Farmers too, to make their own houses outside in Ermor Village, rather than live in the ones already there.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Feerman

Quote from: RanmaChan on 15-10-2011

Who knows, anyways.

Well I am not getting involved with Ermor 1.9, but my assumption was that Ermor would be built at spawn or close to spawn.  DEAP always looked great to me because every structure was at a different level, with the structures and roads tailored to the land.  Whereas Ermor (version 3, 4?) had the land completely flattened and had walls built around.  If I were to make a suggestion, I would say build the city almost directly where spawn lands (give or take a bit so new people aren't spawning into people's houses).

I think it would be neat to keep our nature thing going on, having gardens and trees on top of houses, but this time utilizing hills, valleys, even rivers, to make the city look unique and maybe even more natural.  The one thing I love about this city is that each person built their own house, rather than living in pre-made ones.  The variety and difference from one house to the next just looks cool, and we keep it looking nice by using the same list of materials.

Thats why I would vote against making a pre-made map for Ermor, that each person is able to put their unique building style into the city just makes it feel better, and people like their house more when they get to build it to suit their wants and needs.  Who likes having to live in a pre-made house you don't like?  That is why the option is always there for Farmers too, to make their own houses outside in Ermor Village, rather than live in the ones already there.

...You did see that it was not going to be pre-made buildings, just a pre-made landscape, right?

RanmaChan

Who knows, anyways.

...You did see that it was not going to be pre-made buildings, just a pre-made landscape, right?

Yes, which is why I wrote that we should build at spawn or near spawn, not just for the proximity, but for the randomness of the land.  Its having the landscape random that creates the most unique cities.  There is no point in manufacturing waterfalls, and making plains would make it just like the city is now.  I think that building "tree houses" is a no go, we like having the natural aspect, we don't want to be New New Kondak.  Plus, won't any map we edit now be worthless once 1.9 comes out anyways?

Feerman

Who knows, anyways.

Yes, which is why I wrote that we should build at spawn or near spawn, not just for the proximity, but for the randomness of the land.  Its having the landscape random that creates the most unique cities.  There is no point in manufacturing waterfalls, and making plains would make it just like the city is now.  I think that building "tree houses" is a no go, we like having the natural aspect, we don't want to be New New Kondak.  Plus, won't any map we edit now be worthless once 1.9 comes out anyways?

Yeah, I see.
I guess it's just not Aceon.
And the Tree House thing was just an example.
And... yeh, I guess it would be.

Ragolution

It's just not happening.

Sorry.

Ermor is NOT being near Spawn. It'll be at least a small walk.

Note - Me and Arthy will help with Ermor, but not much. You've basically got Three "Coupons". One for me, one for chief, one for Arthy.

RanmaChan

Quote from: Ragolution on 16-10-2011
It's just not happening.

Sorry.

Note - Me and Arthy will help with Ermor, but not much. You've basically got Three "Coupons". One for me, one for chief, one for Arthy.

Yeah, not directly at spawn, a little bit of a walk to get there, but the point is, is that it should be a random location in order to foster a unique looking city.  Not my call though, lol.

Feerman

It's just not happening.

Sorry.

Woah it's a bitch to do this on iPod. An Ermor near spawn is... Grief waiting to happen. If that were possible. We got Ancient Gates for a reason. And an Ermor that isn't choreographed or lead, WILL be chaos.

RanmaChan

Quote from: Feerman on 16-10-2011
It's just not happening.

Sorry.

Woah it's a bitch to do this on iPod. An Ermor near spawn is... Grief waiting to happen. If that were possible. We got Ancient Gates for a reason. And an Ermor that isn't choreographed or lead, WILL be chaos.

Who ever said it wouldn't be choreographed and led?  It will just so happen to utilize the terrain features around it to make it unique.

Ragolution

It's just not happening.

Sorry.

Clarification: You people are the leaders of Ermor.

You are Tribune for a reason, Feer.

Feerman

Quote from: RanmaChan on 16-10-2011
It's just not happening.

Sorry.

Who ever said it wouldn't be choreographed and led?  It will just so happen to utilize the terrain features around it to make it unique.

*cough* I took it that 3 tickets, were only "usable" every so days or whatever. Sometimes Port and.. everyone on HGN confuses me.

Ragolution

Woah that was a weird quote fail. Correcting.

Also, no, you have three tickets EVER.

Feerman

Quote from: Ragolution on 17-10-2011

Man. This is... somewhat fun thinking of the way Ermor and it's other places will be shaped...
And it was a fail.
And 3 tickets EVER? Man... This, will be.. just... ugh. I guess people will have to work on productivity.

Ragolution

Quote from: Feerman on 17-10-2011

Man. This is... somewhat fun thinking of the way Ermor and it's other places will be shaped...
And it was a fail.
And 3 tickets EVER? Man... This, will be.. just... ugh. I guess people will have to work on productivity.

My thoughts exactly, disciple.

RanmaChan

And it was a fail.

(deity name here) help you all.

Feerman

Quote from: RanmaChan on 17-10-2011

And it was a fail.

(deity name here) help you all.

Thinking of it, it will be fun, and Chaos. Some people are just not... willing to work together, much less work or not.
We need more people.
And a MCF Thread.

INA7HAN

You say you want people to make there own houses to make Aceon look better but we can't all build we need to get recs and do a app. I find it hard to get reccs so that is me out of building my own home and others will also not be able to build there own home only a few people will be building there homes

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

CPftw

Quote from: INA7HAN on 18-10-2011
You say you want people to make there own houses to make Aceon look better but we can't all build we need to get recs and do a app. I find it hard to get reccs so that is me out of building my own home and others will also not be able to build there own home only a few people will be building there homes
thats why there are carpenters and stone masons to build it for you, for a small price of course.
pffft

Ragolution

Please note that New Ermor will not have Worldguard as the current ermor does.
Meaning, anyone can build anywhere then ask an admin to WG it, versus the old system which worked the other way around.

Feerman

Quote from: Ragolution on 18-10-2011

Meaning, anyone can build anywhere then ask an admin to WG it, versus the old system which worked the other way around.

Ahh.... reminds me of Ermor V1
And Theo will be a mason. Maybe a carpenter.
Whichever builds buildings.

Ragolution

Quote from: Feerman on 18-10-2011
Quote from: Ragolution on 18-10-2011

Ahh.... reminds me of Ermor V1
And Theo will be a mason. Maybe a carpenter.
Whichever builds buildings.

Both.