New thing for Faction apps

Started by DasHeadCrap, 03-05-2013

DasHeadCrap

I feel this needs to be addressed. Feer was ranting about how faction or groups will make towns with no building style some time ago. Like how in my old faction I made houses not related in any way to each other. I think personally all new faction apps should include a building style in it. This is so buildings are more influenced by culture than just surroundings. I feel this will create a more role play experience and add depth to the overall experience. For my faction Aridell I will include a building style section personally. Now tell me what you think. This thread is mostly for the minecraft staff  but it would be nice to see community input in general.
Listen, man, humanity dreams of the stars for one reason and one reason only. Hot xeno ass. Don't fail us now.

CoolFeerman

Quote from: DasHeadCrap on 03-05-2013
I feel this needs to be addressed. Feer was ranting about how faction or groups will make towns with no building style some time ago. Like how in my old faction I made houses not related in any way to each other. I think personally all new faction apps should include a building style in it. This is so buildings are more influenced by culture than just surroundings. I feel this will create a more role play experience and add depth to the overall experience. For my faction Aridell I will include a building style section personally. Now tell me what you think. This thread is mostly for the minecraft staff  but it would be nice to see community input in general.
Great and all, it's just that your culture would be influenced by your surroundings, so really surroundings would play a part in it anyways.

Beano

Pretty much what Feer said, and this way it means that factions actually need to think of how they're going to lay out their town rather than freestyle it when they come to building it.
All hope must be disregarded

12:37 PM - Beano #JizzCake: how is babby formed
12:37 PM - SumRandomGuy: once upon a time
12:38 PM - SumRandomGuy: there was this giant big thingy thing
12:38 PM - SumRandomGuy: its called my benis

DasHeadCrap

Well I still understand surroundings. I just meant Culture would play a bigger role than surroundings. If you're in a snowy place but say you're an Orc you should not only use Spruce logs and fireplaces but you should also incorporate Orc related things like imposing spiked buildings and such. If you're in the Desert but you're some Nordic influenced faction you should use sandstone but keep the Nordic building style. I understand using materials and placement design in certain surroundings but Culture should influence the shape of what you build.
Listen, man, humanity dreams of the stars for one reason and one reason only. Hot xeno ass. Don't fail us now.

CoolFeerman

Quote from: DasHeadCrap on 04-05-2013
Well I still understand surroundings. I just meant Culture would play a bigger role than surroundings. If you're in a snowy place but say you're an Orc you should not only use Spruce logs and fireplaces but you should also incorporate Orc related things like imposing spiked buildings and such. If you're in the Desert but you're some Nordic influenced faction you should use sandstone but keep the Nordic building style. I understand using materials and placement design in certain surroundings but Culture should influence the shape of what you build.
I don't think a Nordic faction would be in a desert. Also, I didn't mean to edit your post, sorry.

Bullfred

One of the primary influences of Cultures, according to Geography, is surroundings, and what resources they have available.

For instance, like Feer said, a Nordic town wouldn't exist in a Desert. Or, well, it could... For a couple of Generations, at most. And it would be a colony, rather than a town that has been there forever. It'd slowly begin to change as strong wood  became scarcer than sandstone. Flat roofs would become the style, as they don't have to funnel rain or snow off them, and a flat roof would keep the house cooler.