srp_occult_v1

Started by Fideera Nab, 10-05-2011

Silver Knight

I am already using colour mod to make the map seem bright enough to be bareable to play on.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

darkzerxx

There's no way you can add stalkerish buildings ect. If so it be even better.
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Fideera Nab

Quote from: Last.Exile on 11-05-2011
im disappointed that the trees are all ep2, there's a fair amount of stalker trees floating around.
Stalker trees are terrible for dense forests.  If you look at how they are used in the game, they are widely spread apart, and that's because they only work that way.

I also think that you packed in content which is already freely avaliable which is why the file size is so huge.
The content was included because unless you know what you're doing, it's pretty difficult to obtain the game content.  And to be blunt, a majority of the Gmod community doesn't know what they are doing.

Quote from: Predu on 11-05-2011
Why is there an antlion cave in it? I mean really.
Ignore Half-Life 2, then tell me what you think of the cave. 

Quote from: Predu on 11-05-2011
Seconly, some of the buildings don't look very stalker-ish.
The concept of "Stalkerish" buildings is only a set of mind.  A majority of the structures are Stalker-like, but a lot of the buildings in the actual game wouldn't have been found in the setting in RL anyways.

Quote from: Nova on 11-05-2011
But it is way too dark. And with all the trees, it's almost impossible to see where you're going.
You have to get used to the map.  All of the current Stalker maps (excluding Dolina to an extent) are far too bright, creating a standard that they should all be bright.  In fact, most maps are very bright.  It didn't take a day to get used to playing Stalker, it'll take more than a day to get used to the map.

The lighting is one major thing that needs some work. Needs to be lighter.
I may tweak the lighting if I make a v2, but it will still be dark.  (See above for other information.)

The water also needs to be made realistic, bright glowing blue isn't exactly stalker like.
A majority of my water textures are broken for some unknown reason.  I eventually just said fuck it, and just went with the easy gm_construct water.  If I make a v2, I'd expect this water (what I was trying to get originally out of L4D2) to be in it.

The forest needs stalker foilage.
(See above.)

Buildings need stalker textures instead of hl2\l4d textures. There should also be an alternative way into both sectors of the map as having one way causes issues with factions.
A majority of the buildings use Stalker textures for the most part.  The few that I can think of that don't use Stalker textures are the underground, the radiostation, the ecobunker (for good reason), and the manor (which still has some).

There should also be an alternative way into both sectors of the map as having one way causes issues with factions
I'll be honest, there's no need.  Referring to the main factions (being Duty, Freedom, and the UKM), unless your players are bent in just shooting the fuck out of people, there wont be much of a problem.  Duty has no base, which means that they would need to establish somewhere else if they were going to establish.  I don't expect them to be moving in large numbers, BECAUSE they have no base (or at least no main base, more of an outpost).  The UKM is way up to the corner of the map, which means the most you'll get of them at the tunnel is MAYBE a patrol, and then a BTR with soldiers, which means that they were going to attack anyways.  As for Freedom, they'll probably the ones going through the tunnel the most.  Of course, they might just stay on the lower side of the map.

Frostee

For us, Freedom gets the place with the trader bunker, Duty gets radio tower building, Monolith/Mutants get big underground, and Military get the checkpoint in the corner. But really, there should be a small cave thing that cuts through a part that is hidden so stalkers or faction people get through without causing a big show.

Anyways, a v2 would be nice.

ThY

Its a roleplay server, not a graphical evaluation meeting.
I really like it, and it does the job perfectly!
Also the underground areas are just amazing :o. New hidey holes for my mutants.

Fideera Nab

I have to give credit where its due that the majority of the underground's construction was done by Terminator (its in the credits actually).  I mainly tinkered with the lighting, fixed some of the optimization problems, added details, blah blah, you get the idea.

Frostee

Speaking of the underground, even with power it is the darkest hellhole ever...

Fideera Nab

GabeNewell

Could anyone consider reuploading the map?

Fideera Nab

Well, haven't seen this thread in a long time.  Didn't even realize people were actually still interested in my map.  I'll looking into finding a site to reupload it to.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Fideera Nab on 04-02-2012
Well, haven't seen this thread in a long time.  Didn't even realize people were actually still interested in my map.  I'll looking into finding a site to reupload it to.

If you want people to take a futher interest, try making a thread about improvements for the map, i am sure alot of people would welcome the idea of giving you feedback for your map.

Fideera Nab

To be completely honest, the map is a mess.  It would be easier making a new map than attempting to update the current one.  And if I'm going to work on anything, it'll probably be that 1940s-esque map I have sitting in my mapping folder for the failed Noir Roleplay concept.  For whoever wanted an upload of the map, I had to go find a random site due to this stupid crap involving MegaUpload and the huge filehosting scare, but here's a new link for you:
http://www.mediafire.com/?hq6cjqdh4ncxv6j

Silver Knight

Quote from: Fideera Nab on 06-02-2012
To be completely honest, the map is a mess.  It would be easier making a new map than attempting to update the current one.  And if I'm going to work on anything, it'll probably be that 1940s-esque map I have sitting in my mapping folder for the failed Noir Roleplay concept.  For whoever wanted an upload of the map, I had to go find a random site due to this stupid crap involving MegaUpload and the huge filehosting scare, but here's a new link for you:

Well if you consider making a new STALKER map, hgn would be happy to use it on one of our servers.

Fideera Nab

If I make a new one I'll be sure to post a thread for it here.

darkzerxx

Quote from: Last.Exile on 07-02-2012
Quote from: Fideera Nab on 06-02-2012

Well if you consider making a new STALKER map, hgn would be happy to use it on one of our servers.
That world be very nice.
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive