King's Map/Idea

Started by KingArthur, 01-02-2012

KingArthur

Alright so, since Crussaria has so many possibilities, i was going to create an event map. It would be -sorta- like how our map is set up, into sections. However, these sections would not be enter able w/out an admin teleporting you. They would be buildings, caves, and smaller sections of a map where we could peice together certain events, or even one. Example, I plan on making a section with a castle wall, perhaps for a siege or something. Also, perhaps a few 'demon' style realm areas. How I was going to make the spawn point was a small camp on the side of a path. Any ideas suggestions would be nice. I will post screen shots of my progress and ideas along the way.

TLDR; I am making an event map with a lot of different sections to broaden events. Ill post dev shots as i go.

Starter zone area, basically spawn. Doesn't have much, small path to a camp. The main focus of the map is going to be all the sub areas for small events and such.

KingArthur

"heaven" area, not done. Don't know a real use, Maybe an event where a lot of people die they can go there :P again, not done.

KingArthur

Suggestions (I dont know if i should keep the small tower...)

edit: i made it taller.

jaik

That temple area is actually pretty nice.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Pink!

If I mapped something for you to use, could it be added?

Something small might be the way for me to start.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

KingArthur

Alriht, I have two displacmrnt caves don't, big caves not like.the ones we got now. They are linier. I am going to try my luck at a demon place, might need to be indoors. I also will try to make the inside.of.a keep, for defence events.or somthing. Excuse the stupid.typing I'm doing this from a phone, ill post more pics.tonight. question, should the caves be pitch black or lighted slightly?

KingArthur

cave, long, linear, I prolly going to make another one or two.

because i wanted it to look pretty.

KingArthur

Evil place, its all I got... not much to work with on the source engine.

Balins tomb :)?

Madcombat

Dont forget to make the undead (Damned) a nice large zone of death and decay.

KingArthur

Quote from: Madcombat on 03-02-2012
Hard to do that in source. I have tried multiple styles, only one came out decent

Madcombat

Quote from: KingArthur on 03-02-2012
Quote from: Madcombat on 03-02-2012
Hard to do that in source. I have tried multiple styles, only one came out decent

Go for it, all I want is either a snowy location towards the north of Crussaria which has a nice stronghold suitable in a undead style.

Show me the picture :3

KingArthur

I am at home atm, Dont have my PC. I will try to do a 'snow' area, but its hard to do stuff like that in source. Ill try.

General Cole

A large arena type place could be fun to fight monsters or people in, hmmm.

Besides that the map looks pretty good, I just hope that if we setup this server the admins don't just hang out there. :P

ZainMenloe

If I may share my opinion, for the event map, something very simple could be arranged, instead of the camp area, just make a small 'Flatgrass' That us admins can set up how we need. It would take some work on our part, but it would really lessen the hassle on your side. With the flat event area, we could set up houses, tents, caravans, w/e for the event rather than have to use one of the many different areas you are making. Now, Im not saying what your doing is wrong or bad, its all really nice and would be extremely helpful, just pointing out that this might be an easier solution.

Madcombat

Quote from: ZainMenloe on 05-02-2012
If I may share my opinion, for the event map, something very simple could be arranged, instead of the camp area, just make a small 'Flatgrass' That us admins can set up how we need. It would take some work on our part, but it would really lessen the hassle on your side. With the flat event area, we could set up houses, tents, caravans, w/e for the event rather than have to use one of the many different areas you are making. Now, Im not saying what your doing is wrong or bad, its all really nice and would be extremely helpful, just pointing out that this might be an easier solution.

What you suggest though smart, causes alot of hassle.  Its easier for a map to be made in pre-detail so we can actually make a lore ect rather then using thousands of props which will cause server issues.  Besides, you cant make small details like snow, desert, woodland with props unless your willing to place a thousand props over the ground so you may materialise EVERYTHING which would look ugly.

Its best pre-made, yeah sure we should have camps and small event locations, but its better added after the locations are made.  Otherwise we might as well use flatgrass.