[Announcement] Cleaning up playerstrikes

Started by Spades_Neil, 22-04-2012

Spades_Neil

As "global moderator" it is in part my job to keep track of player-strikes, update the roster, and keep players in-line on the forum. However, the bureaucracy of it isn't perfect. When a strike gets added, it's there forever. If you manage to get three strikes, that's that. You're permabanned. Goodbye. End of story. Go appeal, which probably won't get accepted anyway...

... Sucks, doesn't it? Let's say it's your first day in the server. You don't know any better so you RDM. Playerstrike. You learn your lesson and move on, but you're still playerstruck. Months later, some troll rustles your jimmies and you blow up at him. Now you're playerstruck for flaming.

Now, either you're too afraid to go back to the servers, so you leave HGN, or you think you can really change yourself around and become a model player on HGN. Then, one day you're bored and bunny hop around, or screw with some props... Suddenly, permaban. Strike 3. By now it's been so long since the last two strikes you forgot about them until now. Well, now you're fucked.

This happens more often than you think, and it's unfortunate.

Therefore, upon permission of Last.Exile, I'm going through the entire strike board to sort out and investigate stupid strikes, including plenty I've given on my own. Now, the problem is I'm not allowed to list who's actually playerstruck publicly, nor am I allowed to say why they are struck publicly, or who struck them, for reasons of confidentiality.

So, I'm taking the burden upon myself.
If you wish to know how many playerstrikes you have, PM me with the format below with the title "Playerstrikes."
Steam Name:
Steam ID:
How many strikes you think you have:
If you think you know what they are for, explain:

I don't like it when we're viewed as a bunch of ban nazis for doing our job, but I understand how frustrating the system can be. Sometimes you just catch an admin on a bad day and they just throw the book at you. Hell, I've had it happen to me. I've done it to other people too. It's not good. In an effort to make HGN a friendlier community, let's start with this.

That is all.