Re: |Freedom| Suggestions & Complaints

Started by Turkey, 29-05-2010

Turkey

Hm... I suggest not allowing violence inside the base.   ;)

Mrtasker

We kinda don't allow it if it causes a problem and pisses people off, but stepping into Stalkers bees wax while they are fighting it out is a good way to get shot.

Seth Gecko - Freedomer

Turkey

Quote from: Mrtasker on 29-05-2010
We kinda don't allow it if it causes a problem and pisses people off, but stepping into Stalkers bees wax while they are fighting it out is a good way to get shot.

What i mean is, If i walk into the bar and call who ever is trading a prick. I will get shot... It's kinda like "Well, he called me a fucker so i blew his head off.." In STALKER killing inside the faction base was instant kill on sight..

Mrtasker

Quote from: Alexander Degtyarev on 29-05-2010

What i mean is, If i walk into the bar and call who ever is trading a prick. I will get shot... It's kinda like "Well, he called me a fucker so i blew his head off.." In STALKER killing inside the faction base was instant kill on sight..

So don't walk into a base and call whoever is trading a prick? Problemo' solved.

Seth Gecko - Freedomer

Turkey

Quote from: Alexander Degtyarev on 29-05-2010

So don't walk into a base and call whoever is trading a prick? Problemo' solved.

Tee hee, What about if the trader has a grudge and attempts to kill you? :D

Khorn

Sounds like if a Dutyier walked into Freedom or a Monolith walked in a Military bar.

If someone hates you enough to want to kill, you don't walk up to them.

Tsukaro

I wish we could get a tad it more roleplay inside the armory. Never really see anyone in there.

Ping-Pong

Quote from: Tsukaro on 15-06-2010
I wish we could get a tad it more roleplay inside the armory. Never really see anyone in there.

Maybe... Because it is our Armory?
SRP Characters-
Andrick Nesterov - Outsider (No Trace, assumed dead)
Typhoon - Loner (No Trace, assumed dead)
Tolga Ostrovsky - Loner (With his brother)
Marko Drubich - Ecologist Elite (Whereabouts Unknown)

Goose

He wants to be the engineer so, yea we can try to improve that
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Tom

Yeah. . . I've noticed that freedom. . . Went to hell. . . I remeber when I joined we would 90% of the time would Passive, sit around the fire smoke pot and talk about shit, Or we would party, Or we would go on "Walks" (AKA Patrols) Now-a-days it appears as though we are geared more toward a "Drama RP" sort of thing. . . Where someone fussing can be blowed way out of proportion and possibly turn into a gunfight. . . Or someone will activly try to attack/kill someone even though they have been told multiple times not to. . . I also find that it is now OK to shoot/beat up your fellow freedomers. I also find that this has became a standard for some STALKERs too. . . Though I am guilty of the "Beatin's" it wasn't like it was unprovoked. . . Taking nudey pictures of someones soon to be wife is a big no no, But shooting at someone for finding out they were a prostitute once apon a time? Or Threating to kick someones ass simply because he said "Shut the hell up!" and I said that for good reason too. . . Lay off the super duper emotional RP and kick back relax, have a conversation about philosophy while smoking pot, Have a fun party now and then, Go out on patrols and such, hell some training might be nice as well.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Pawx

Thought I shouldn't of kept this to myself, I think bringing in Admins to Freedom is Ok, Radek for example, Auto Accepted CAUSE he's a Admin, then gave him a higher Rank. Seems a little unfair to everyone else in Freedom that actually TRIED on there Applaction then see Radek show up with a Applaction a 5 year old could make. I've been seeing this alot with a bunch of Factions lately, it needs to stop.

Please consider this Complaint and understand the mistake your making with your Applactions over Admins, Thank you.

Goose

Well no not really pawx, He was auto accepted based on his RP ability incase you havent noticed freedom is lacking good RPer's and yea rep is also a factor in this, a factor that caused you an uneasy start in freedom, maybe get active, Also TeaGuy and a few others were auto accepted because we -NEEDED- members who we can trust.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Bielecki

Its because admins can be trusted, they don't need to prove anything through an app.

Pawx

Quote from: Goose on 26-08-2010
Well no not really pawx, He was auto accepted based on his RP ability incase you havent noticed freedom is lacking good RPer's and yea rep is also a factor in this, a factor that caused you an uneasy start in freedom, maybe get active, Also TeaGuy and a few others were auto accepted because we -NEEDED- members who we can trust.

Let me get this straight, you define everyone by there Reputation? Pretty much everyone that's in Freedom can RP very well, there great roleplayers, but you put them done because of there Reputation?! Now that's Really Unfair. Why would you define someone by there Reputation in HGN, pretty much a Reputation here is like being liked by a bunch of 12 year old kids. You shouldn't be accepting people of there Reputation here, you should be accepting people of there Roleplaying skills and Application (Aka, Grammer and Writing.) I can understand on being Trusted, being a Admin doesn't get you automatic Trusting, Bielecki, Look at Crimzon for example, and the Many admins that were trusted once.

Goose

because we -NEEDED- members who we can trust.

This is why i was accepting people based on Rep Pawx, If you are a known shitty RP'r that is REP of course i am not going to accept someone who is known to be complete shit, Even if they have the worlds best app yet they are the worlds worst RP'r they wouldn't be accepted, Example RG4 would -NEVER- Be let back into freedom because he is a fucking retard, Peoples rep on the server is mostly defined by their RP ability and how they act, if i had it my way Welek never would have been in freedom, Because look at what he went off and had done, Minged duty base, painted it and done alot of other shit to it, he got removed imideitatly after that.

And Crimzon isn't trusted anymore and probably wouldnt be accepted because he isn't trusted, but if an admin who i did accept were to pull some stupid shit they would be removed.

Pawx

Quote from: Goose on 28-08-2010
because we -NEEDED- members who we can trust.

This is why i was accepting people based on Rep Pawx, If you are a known shitty RP'r that is REP of course i am not going to accept someone who is known to be complete shit, Even if they have the worlds best app yet they are the worlds worst RP'r they wouldn't be accepted, Example RG4 would -NEVER- Be let back into freedom because he is a fucking retard, Peoples rep on the server is mostly defined by their RP ability and how they act, if i had it my way Welek never would have been in freedom, Because look at what he went off and had done, Minged duty base, painted it and done alot of other shit to it, he got removed imideitatly after that.

And Crimzon isn't trusted anymore and probably wouldnt be accepted because he isn't trusted, but if an admin who i did accept were to pull some stupid shit they would be removed.

All I wanted to hear, Thanks.

Paintcheck

Well seeing as you removed my comments from the Freedom network I will post them here.

Can you guys stop bitching about the tiny, 5 person Merc group and my tiny, 3 person bandit/slaving/trading group and actually go back to fighting other factions? I realize Duty is inactive as fuck but military is clearly all set to fight you guys as evidenced by Dug's failing yesterday. Get your boys together and go fight them or something. Stop picking on tiny player groups, of course you are going to beat them with your Skats and G36s and L85s. Go fight someone evenly matched.

jaik

Quote from: Paintcheck on 26-10-2010
Well seeing as you removed my comments from the Freedom network I will post them here.

Can you guys stop bitching about the tiny, 5 person Merc group and my tiny, 3 person bandit/slaving/trading group and actually go back to fighting other factions? I realize Duty is inactive as fuck but military is clearly all set to fight you guys as evidenced by Dug's failing yesterday. Get your boys together and go fight them or something. Stop picking on tiny player groups, of course you are going to beat them with your Skats and G36s and L85s. Go fight someone evenly matched.

Shouldn't Freedom hire stalkers to deal with small threats like Mercs as seen in SoC.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Goose

Quote from: Paintcheck on 26-10-2010

We shouldn't be targeting the merc group or Hawk unless they become a serious threat, But the military are way to over powered for us to fight them, duty and monolith are inactive leaving us to passive, or be raped 8V2 fighting the military.

Mrtasker

We fought the merc group because they blew up our generator, we got some payback and killed a couple of their people then called a truce.

I fail to see what the hubub is all about.

Seth Gecko - Freedomer

Tom

Its mainly because we are fighting small player based factions more then the other major factions, and the freedom getting its ass handed to it wouldn't be a problem if there where shit to do on a regular basis OTHER THAN Passive drama rp. Like for instance, a faction fight, or an event that dosn't involve a super mutan awesome baby or some shit. I mean Passive is OKay, but when its all a major faction does, there is a blatant and obvious problem.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Paintcheck

Quote from: Mrtasker on 26-10-2010

I fail to see what the hubub is all about.

The fact that I haven't seen any of the major factions acting at all like they should be is what "the hubbub" is about. The last time Freedom actually DID shit as a faction was back when Locke/Cobra led it. Ever since Tundruff and now the current leadership has been in power Freedom has been similar to 1920s America: Holy shit we need to stay isolated and absolutely nonthreatening! DO SOMETHING. I realize it isn't entirely your fault since the other major factions are inactive as shit (other than military) but at the same time it is mostly your fault. When the Freedom/mili numbers are close, even a small skirmish or raid would be cool. And even the inactive factions, when they do get on they DO STUFF. Duty goes on patrols, Monolith shoots shit, Military breaks the rules of the server and common sense by trying to stomp on smaller factions due to them having a 5:1 numerical advantage, etc. Freedom does nothing except sit in their base and stomp on tiny player groups. Even if it was just a few freedomers taking pot shots at the base and running away. Just some interaction between Freedom and a group that isn't some tiny stalker group that Freedom can easily crush would be nice to see.

And I realize military is also overpowered as fuck but again you don't need to make it a long engagement. Just an annoying guerrilla raid and retreat and shit. And RP.

Dug

Freedom needs to act more like Freedom. Example: "Living the easy life." When someone walks into your bar and sees the military looking skats you can expect them to think "Not really an easy life now is it?"
Other than that in the games I have never seen one single freedomer with a skat. Which makes things even more rediciolus. When I was in Freedom it was a contest of who is going to be the stupidest and the most badass guy in freedom. Which is an other dumb thing. What Freedom should be is a fun loving stalker clan who is vicous about defending their turf as seen in Clear Sky with the mercs. I joined Freedom once, saw what it was and just simply crossed it off my list when it comes to Major Factions.

Also, I've seen Freedomers deal with mercenaries, not to mention Duties attack with mercs being sent to blow up generators. According to canon, both of these major factions don't deal with mercenaries and shoot the fuck out of them. Not to mention bandits. Both of these factions hate them too.

Also that fail you called on me Paintcheck is called "Drinking and then going on SRP."

Tom

This is the problem with Cannon, Its often times not good for decent RP. "Oh your a merc we kill joo!" or "Oh your a bandit we instantly kill joo!" and the skats? They where originaly going to get skats in the beta but for some reason they did not, along with Duty, and Mercs getting there own skats. Sooo. . . Meh. . . If we stuck to cannon (Which some people are such cannon freaks as to acuse people of banditry simply for wearing a coat, which to me is incredibly retarded since the bandit coat was initialy a game mechanic so that you don't run around and kill 5834798237 Stalkers while trying to kill some bandits. So from now on if I see "Your in a trench, your a bandit" Im going to fucking flip out and shoot someone, Im going to do what cannon bandits do, and thats plain out RDM, Same thing with Cannon mercs, they should totaly RDM the entire server, But thats not the point) we would have NO mercs and NO bandits. . . why? Cause no one deals with them. . . Sometimes Cannon has to take a back seat to Role Play, in this case it does, I'd rather see small uncannon things such as SKATs and dealings with Mercs and slight tolerance for bandits then to see a metric fuck ton of Factioneers and No Stalkers, Bandits, or Mercs.

But I do agree that freedom needs to drop the "Im a badass" thing and work as a team of brothers who strive for free access to the zone.
Oh boy.

Dug

Quote from: Tom on 27-10-2010
This is the problem with Cannon, Its often times not good for decent RP. "Oh your a merc we kill joo!" or "Oh your a bandit we instantly kill joo!" and the skats? They where originaly going to get skats in the beta but for some reason they did not, along with Duty, and Mercs getting there own skats. Sooo. . . Meh. . . If we stuck to cannon (Which some people are such cannon freaks as to acuse people of banditry simply for wearing a coat, which to me is incredibly retarded since the bandit coat was initialy a game mechanic so that you don't run around and kill 5834798237 Stalkers while trying to kill some bandits. So from now on if I see "Your in a trench, your a bandit" Im going to fucking flip out and shoot someone, Im going to do what cannon bandits do, and thats plain out RDM, Same thing with Cannon mercs, they should totaly RDM the entire server, But thats not the point) we would have NO mercs and NO bandits. . . why? Cause no one deals with them. . . Sometimes Cannon has to take a back seat to Role Play, in this case it does, I'd rather see small uncannon things such as SKATs and dealings with Mercs and slight tolerance for bandits then to see a metric fuck ton of Factioneers and No Stalkers, Bandits, or Mercs.

But I do agree that freedom needs to drop the "Im a badass" thing and work as a team of brothers who strive for free access to the zone.

Point taken.