Started by Locke, 30-08-2010

Locke

Airsoft or Paintball?

Vote for either:

Airsoft

OR

Paintball

Be sure to include why you voted.
Oh and, and keep it civil you lot, will you?

Bucky

Im more pro airsoft but both are fun cause you get to shoot shit.

Ping-Pong

Am I the only one who said Paintball?
SRP Characters-
Andrick Nesterov - Outsider (No Trace, assumed dead)
Typhoon - Loner (No Trace, assumed dead)
Tolga Ostrovsky - Loner (With his brother)
Marko Drubich - Ecologist Elite (Whereabouts Unknown)

Bucky

Pretty much, yeah, but Paintcheck will be on your side.

Goose

I play both paintball and air soft, Got some decent paint ball gear and some shit airsoft gear, but its still alot of fun, Air soft is cheaper then paintball but its fun.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Silver Knight

Ive only played paintball once- at my birthday party a few years ago. I even got to play as the leader for my team since it was my birthday and my friends had to guard me.

-Locke your a sneaky bitch for adding this.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Predu

Eh.. Airsoft for me, used to gather a few mates and head to a good place. Had lots of fun, and it counted as a good sport since we didnt have the high quality guns. Running and shooting from like 10 meters, hell yeah. Havent tried paintball, it could be fun, tho I dont like the way the guns look. A big bottle at the top, I like guns that represent a real life guns, thats why I prefer airsoft.

Locke

I prefer airsoft, just because it's more realistic and you don't get messy and smelly from the paint.

Steel

I prefer Paintball, because airsoft is a bunch of Military wannabes and Gear Queers, and the sport is now infact dominated by Call of Duty Fanboys ;)

Paintball is a laugh

Locke

Depends on who you play with

meetdadoom

Both are fun, in airsoft it's more realistic, and yeah you don't end up smelling like crap at the end. The only draw back is when you have a shitter gun than someone else.

Paintball, just as fun as airsoft, and there is a small level of fair game, because you can have a rental but as long as you are skilled you can win.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Paintcheck

This is going to turn into a shitstorm.

I guess all you guys who say "airsoft s more realistic" are lucky and play with people who play realistically. Or you have no idea what "realism" is and think "Oh the gun looks real and I wear camo, therefore it is realistic" and that makes you happy (you simpleminded moron). Both are two entirely different games. Paintball is more of a "sport" whereas airsoft is more of a "milsim/RP" kind of thing. Or at least that's how it should be. Back home everyone played airsoft as if it was paintball which is fucking stupid and completely defeats the point of getting realistic looking guns and tactical gear if you are then just going to spray bbs everywhere with a 600 round high cap and no tactics to speak of. I would kill to go play in a huge objective-based airsoft event but those are very hard to find. Seeing as I already own a bunch of paintball stuff (including a gun that cost more than every airsoft gun combined shown in this thread so far) I see no need for me to pick up an airsoft gun to play the same sport.

They both have their place, play whichever one you like more.

meetdadoom

Quote from: Paintcheck on 01-09-2010
This is going to turn into a shitstorm.

I guess all you guys who say "airsoft s more realistic" are lucky and play with people who play realistically. Or you have no idea what "realism" is and think "Oh the gun looks real and I wear camo, therefore it is realistic" and that makes you happy (you simpleminded moron). Both are two entirely different games. Paintball is more of a "sport" whereas airsoft is more of a "milsim/RP" kind of thing. Or at least that's how it should be. Back home everyone played airsoft as if it was paintball which is fucking stupid and completely defeats the point of getting realistic looking guns and tactical gear if you are then just going to spray bbs everywhere with a 600 round high cap and no tactics to speak of. I would kill to go play in a huge objective-based airsoft event but those are very hard to find. Seeing as I already own a bunch of paintball stuff (including a gun that cost more than every airsoft gun combined shown in this thread so far) I see no need for me to pick up an airsoft gun to play the same sport.

They both have their place, play whichever one you like more.

There are rp sort of events for paintball lol ie:Oklahoma, they have giant D-day wars. Wisconsin has vietman wars. Also I say it's more realistic because yeah it's basically rping a war and yeah the place you want to go to find serious wars in North Carolina, they have every sort of war, I participated in a vietnam war and Korean war event. Also these are realistic because what you do is you bring your own gear except for your gun, and you rent out an option of guns that were actually there back than during ie the vietnam war. You are alowed to bring your own m16 if it is aproved but you can lose it easily.

Locke

What do you  mean "Lose it"?

Bucky

I think he means get it taken away, I doubt you could actually lose your primary during a battle. Maybey get your license revoked? Just something about you having to be careful with it.

Nova

Airsoft, mostly because it feels more realistic

Cutch

Quote from: NikkoBlob on 03-09-2010
I think he means get it taken away, I doubt you could actually lose your primary during a battle. Maybey get your license revoked? Just something about you having to be careful with it.
He probably is talking about how there are so many m16s that you will probably get yours mixed up with someone else's.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Locke

But wouldn't you just hold on yours and never let go?

Celtic

I prefer paintball just cause of the way Paintcheck described, Paintball's more sport, Airsoft is more simulation.  I just enjoy the ability to go out with your friends, and humiliate the opposing team.

meetdadoom

Quote from: ㅎㅎLocke on 04-09-2010
But wouldn't you just hold on yours and never let go?

Yeah sorry I completly ignored this and made the "lose it" part of my sentance vague. Cutch got it, there are tons of people on both sides. You can get your gun mixed up with someone elses if you leave it unattended for a second in the "graveyard" how they call it. If you rent a gun, even if you do end up with a different person's m16 or m14 and etc, you have to return it to the rental bunker and at the end of the day the company has all of there guns back. I never lost my gun except once but I was able to find it quickly and trade it back with the guy who accidently took it but from then on I just stuck to renting.

Delta

Both are fun actually, Paintball for Extreme-ness. Airsoft for "Realism"

Isolater

I used to use Airsoft, but found out it was banned lololol, so now I play paintball and I'm loving it, great game to bring mates too. :D

Knife_cz

Well a little necro,but whatever.

Paintball and airsoft both are good,it really only depends on who do you play with,greate people=great game.
Well and I choosed airsoft because it was just cheaper for me,and my friends are playing it.

Isolater

Yeah, I have alot of fun with both, but considering paintball you can play locally without much trouble..

DotBot