'Hunting Rifle'

Started by KillSlim, 28-12-2009

KillSlim

You guys remember a while back, you clicked on that thread and you saw: 

I'm sure we were all excited, the picture LOOKED like a break action hunting rifle, similar to the one from Clear Sky. To be honest, I was pretty excited too as I had gotten bored of assault rifles on the server and I wanted a change.

On one usual day on SRP, blake had kindly bought me a hunting 'rifle'. I merely looked at it and my erection died.
"But wait!" I thought, "Maybe this thing has break-action animations!"
I fired it, reloaded, and my erection was not restored.
It's just a ... Remmington? A pump-action Remmington. Slugs are loaded into through the bottom and you .. pump it. The fuck kind of break-action hunting rifle is this?! I have no intention of hurting the makers' feelings, but this is is rubbish. It fires more pellets than a WW2 shrapnel bomb and the v_model (View model, the first-person view of the swep) looks awful.

Good for me for being the critic huh? I wouldn't be helping if I didn't suggest a remedy.
This swep hasn't been around for long, but I think it looks promising. I'm talking ofcourse about the Double-Barrel shotgun swep on garrysmod.org. It's a break-action hunting shotgun. It has proper animations , the characteristics of a hunting shotgun (Nice long barrel, basic ironsights, 2 shots) and could serve as a replacement, or an addition to the server.

Screenies:

Garrysmod.org page: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=showimg&v=82197_2
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Locke

Those gloves are very odd, are they part of the swep?

Other than that, I support it.

KillSlim

No, the gloves are a seperate skin he installed for himself.
It doesn't come with the Swep.
You can get all sorts of Gloves / Hands / Sleeve skins from fps banana. I have a forest camo sleeve skin.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

KillSlim

I bet we could easily make a sawn-off version of this weapon.
Get to it Tund!

Silver Knight

You don't understand how sweps work Killslim, the remmington world model doesn't work on half the playermodels, and needs to be redone, but Tundruff has been relaxing lately. So it uses the ugly annabella world model to pull it off. As for the view model, it's fine.

That shotgun looks alright, but it's not that great, and ironsights are not made inside the swep, you have to do it manually.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

KillSlim

Quote from: Last Exile on 29-12-2009
You don't understand how sweps work Killslim, the remmington world model doesn't work on half the playermodels, and needs to be redone, but Tundruff has been relaxing lately. So it uses the ugly annabella world model to pull it off. As for the view model, it's fine.

That shotgun looks alright, but it's not that great, and ironsights are not made inside the swep, you have to do it manually.

Well why did you advertise it as a hunting rifle? It's a '2-Shot pump action'. The view model is horrible on the current swep. It actually looks like one of the Stalker weapon ports, it's crap.

The shotgun I proposed is good, it's a lot better than what is on SRP now. Even Locke supported replacing it for the one I suggested.
Why not just add it? It's been proposed before and it had a good bit of support.

GenX

A break action hunting shotgun...that will be new for me hehe.
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." -Erica Jong

KillSlim

Quote from: GenX on 31-12-2009
A break action hunting shotgun...that will be new for me hehe.

I .. take that as a +support? :D

Tunddruff

Fine. Ill do this model next.

Also, silver, I am done the L85 model, Ill link it to you later.

Deathcon

Awesome I support

ISPYUDIE

+support

Looks Epic, And I think would be great on the server.

"Get off mah lawn Darn Bandits!" **Bang **Bang

Rofl,

Tunddruff

Lucidius

That's not a rifle at all.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Lion

It'd be nice to get a hunting rifle like the one you can get in Clear Sky right at the start.

lolKieck

Quote from: Lion on 18-04-2010
It'd be nice to get a hunting rifle like the one you can get in Clear Sky right at the start.

AWESOME NECRO !
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

GeneralGold

It would be so kickass to have a Hunting Rifle.
Henry Warlington|Ecologist|Active
'Sheperd'|Mercenary|Active
'Danger'|Bandit|Away

alex4576

Bring in the double barrel shot gun that is sawn off because it would be a good weapon for stalkers and bandits