S.T.A.L.K.E.R. For Consoles?

Started by Aviator, 11-01-2010

Aviator

If like, in the near future, GSC Game World got enough money to become a big company, and they decided to remake S.T.A..L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky and maybe even the new S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat for the Xbox 360 and PS3, how well do you think it would do?
I think it would do great- but it would take some time to adapt the controls and levels to the Xbox and PS3 platforms. I'd definitely buy it and play it, online matches would actually be fun for a change.

Eet Eet

My guess it would be pretty nice actually but i don't really think it would happen because GSC always made games for the PC!
To this day and beyond no one still knows "Who let the dogs out!"

Sickness

No, I don't think it should go on console. I mean there's a lot in the game, that the normal console doesn't have enough buttons to make use of, and even if it did, they would need to make a STALKER better than SoC to look good.
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

Fluffy

Make a new game and sell it to the consoles, get more money, simple as that.

Dark Angel

Isn't it gonna be hard to play? Because i've tried playing on a console and i can state that without auto-aim it's impossible to play FPSes

Silver Knight

Quote from: Aviator on 11-01-2010
If like, in the near future, GSC Game World got enough money to become a big company, and they decided to remake S.T.A..L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky and maybe even the new S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat for the Xbox 360 and PS3, how well do you think it would do?
I think it would do great- but it would take some time to adapt the controls and levels to the Xbox and PS3 platforms. I'd definitely buy it and play it, online matches would actually be fun for a change.

GSC are a huge company, what are you talking about... They just don't like consoles...

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Chaos

They would get a lot more income selling to consoles as a new game.. Everyone would love it.

Lucidius

Quote from: Chaos on 30-01-2010
They would get a lot more income selling to consoles as a new game.. Everyone would love it.

Looting/Inventory alone sounds frustrating enough. With the PC communities, modding is encouraged, and I find it helps people dig deeper into the roots of the lore/game/enviroment.

You can't do tht as easily for consoles. Not to mention, i'm sure Microsoft would try to buy GSC's souls for a release.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Wellington

Turkey

I would go nuts!! 3 Awesome games for my ps3!!!

[INVICTUS]

I don't think it would do too well on consoles because S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC was basically still being fixed and patched up to fix all the bugs it came with (Like too many bugs) when it was released right? And who would pay PSN or Xboxlive to get mods for it when they could just get them for free on a desktop computer and have more choices than would probably be offered by either?

Anatoly

I don't like the thought of that...Playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with a Joystick..

Megaqgzqgz

I wouldn't care for it but I would welcome it. Also would be cool if they went the way of Shadow Run for online matches.

Lion

It'd be terrible, IMO, theres so many buttons and whatnot, and modding really does help the game. Not to mention they'd have to remake all 3 games to crysis-level graphics just to please all the ADHD kiddies who like shiny things, explosions and uber-cool-awesome-epic graphics

Tsukaro

I don't think it would go very great as a console game. I mean, I guess the controls might be a little smoother, but in general I don't think it would fit as an Xbox360 or PS3 game. If only because sitting behind your computer makes you feel like a real role-player.

Nova

I don't want to be necro'ing or anything like that, but it has been confirmed, that Stalker Call Of Pripyat, might be released for Xbox 360 and PS3 in 2011

jaik

Quote from: Nova on 30-06-2010
I don't want to be necro'ing or anything like that, but it has been confirmed, that Stalker Call Of Pripyat, might be released for Xbox 360 and PS3 in 2011
S.T.A.L.K.E.R is meant for PC.
Playing it on console will be a pain, since the community extends the gameplay time by hours.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Zen

I dont think STALKER will ever go on console.
It's made for PC and theres too many controls to add to an XBOX controller and or a PS3 controller.

Lucidius

Quote from: JFDIzen007 on 30-06-2010...too many controls...

THIS

I stil have a hard time binding everything to the keyboard and mouse, and that's just for SOC.

How are they gonna have the quick items work? :|
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Locke

How could you possibly play STALKER on console? The graphics are going to be lame and gameplay will be messed up.

Dark Scar

If it DID go to consoles.. we would have this ongoing argument of which console/platform makes S.T.A.L.K.E.R look better

==============================================
If you require any help in regarding S.T.A.L.K.E.R Roleplay or any other HGN related business, feel free to ask me or any other member of the HGN staff.

SF : |HGN-STSA| Dark Scar

Silver Knight

Im seeing the future....

Download the new dlc bloodsucker skin on xbox live for 10 bucks!

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Locke

I honestly dont think the consoles could handle how large stalker is. Plus stalker with no mods would suck a lot. Mods make games awesome on PC.

Naota

Imagine how console players would react to the world of stalker.

Recreas

It really depends on what they would change, the graphics would be the only thing. And I don't feel like buying a game on every console (Yes I did do that once.).
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves