Regulators!

Started by Megamaff, 10-01-2010

Megamaff

I think a Regulator faction would really spice things up. I know a lot of people will say that they'd be a dm faction and flame the idea to ashes,  but I think with the right ingredients and control it could be a succesful faction.

The members would have to be somewhat deranged to want to "cleanse" the zone - a bit like monolith post-brainwash. The passive would consist (along-side each characters independent story) of collecting intel on the wastelands inhabitants - mingling with them to learn of them - when someone "evil" is discovered, then plans are concocted to purge them - detailed plans as to avoid mistakes (and to extend potential passive rp for even longer, but still keeping it fun).
The hierarchy would also be pretty simple - one Head Regulator (I was thining maybe Sheriff? xD) and the rest being members, with maybe a few "officers". And of course - membership would be invite only.

The aim of the faction would be to purify the wasteland of evil yet to remain anonymous in doing so - remain under the radar for both the safety of the faction and the inhabitants of the wasteland - giving an incredibly passive faction yet still having an exciting, dangerous edge.
It'd pretty much be a more exclusive, righteous, refined version of monolith.
I think it'd work tremendously!

Fluffy

Note - Regulators weren't loco en la cabeza. They were good people looking for well-earned money who were a bit trigger happy.

Must... Resist... impulse... TO DM THEM!!!
I am evil, sorry.

On another note, This could become a good faction,

Megamaff

Quote from: Fluffy on 10-01-2010
...Regulators weren't loco en la cabeza...

When I first met them in F3, my first thought of them was that they were a bit eerie. Not bonkers or completely mad - but something eerily wrong. Something creepily strange. And anyone who's trigger happy cant be all right ;)

Zombiehunta

What about the original Regulators from FO1? I liked them alot better, since they were unlawful and realistic.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

Megamaff

They aren't in the fallout its based on - meaning they arent in the capital wastelands. The regulators your talking about were a lot more open and were more of a police force.

Zombiehunta

I know, also, they weren't a police force. They were bad. They manipulated the mayor and killed his son. The gang called "The Rippers", or something along thos elines, were good. I'm saying I liked those Regulators better. They were made with more realism to the Fallout world.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

Plunger

No Official Factions

Fluffy

Quote from: Layton on 11-01-2010
No Official Factions

And there you have it, Spoken straight from a detective that looks like he was drawn from a child's crayon!

Assassinator

Quote from: Megamaff link=topic=5311.msg58487#msg58487 date=1263243537

When I first met them in F3,
/quote]

When I first met them my thought was, "HOLY CRAP WHO IS SHOOTING ME?!" Like that.

Megamaff

Quote from: Layton on 11-01-2010
No Official Factions

I meant this to be a "Regulators SHOULD be an official faction" thread...

Predu

Has anyone thought of adding like Reilly's Rangers?

Zombiehunta

This is before Reily's Rangers even existed. Also, you probably shouldn't ask that here.