Slavers union hard to do?

Started by Mangoman, 06-12-2009

Mangoman

Well, i personally think this is cool, but it also would be hard to do. First off, no one ever rp's being a slave, and if they do it lasts 15 minutes. What do you guys think?

Plunger

Quote from: mangoman on 06-12-2009
Well, i personally think this is cool, but it also would be hard to do. First off, no one ever rp's being a slave, and if they do it lasts 15 minutes. What do you guys think?
Find some better friends.

ISPYUDIE

I think it'll work, it's been done in SRP before.

Pawx

Quote from: Plunger on 07-12-2009
Quote from: mangoman on 06-12-2009
Find some better friends.

Right back at ya, And Mango, Theres a Thing were you say in OOC Called "I DONT GIVE A SHIT BITCH, YOUR COMING WITH ME ANYWAYS!"

I hope this Helped :3

Ravanger

This could toally work I mean I have slaved people on other rps and srp. I mean it is pretty easy once you get hang of it. Also sometimes if there avoiding to be a slave it could be considering avoiding rp. Also if they return they will have to be a slave if not died or escaped also.

Bl★ck Star

Slaver's isnt that hard to rp in SRP on the first map i was a slaver when they didnt followed me i got my "secret sentences" ^^

Mangoman

well i was a slaver for a lil on srp, and they stayed slaves for like 10 mins.

Fluffy

This is kindof a waste of time, The slaver's guild is the Slaver's guild. Taking on slaves.

Mangoman

How impossible it is to keep slaves for more than 5 minutes. The only real way i could see to solve this is have a slave flag as well.

Paintcheck

You don't need a slave flag. It is possible to hold onto slaves for a while, just find good people. I have had luck slaving on SRP. Lots of people are willing to RP being a slave for a length of time.

Zombiehunta

Just a question, but are we using the Fallout 2 method of slaving or the Fallout 3 method?
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

Paintcheck

Obviously I'm not in charge of this but since the vast majority of the server has played FO3 and comparatively few have played FO or FO2 you can probably assume most things will lean toward the FO3 way, although Mesmotroning would probably be seen as metagaming...

Zombiehunta

So FO2 methods, then?
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

Midnight

I say we still hang onto the collars that blow up if anyone trys to escape for a little extra "motivation"(meaning a pk) not to avoid the rp.

Zombiehunta

That would be a good idea, but it would be hard to manage it. Who knows if players would actually follow the rules of it. Also, getting it on them would be hard, so I'd say a hybrid of Fallout 2 and Fallout 3.

Paintcheck

We have admins to ensure players don't powergame their way out of things, remember?

Plus at the same time I'm sure whoever runs the Slaver's Guild here will be intelligent enough to know when to not bother trying to enslave someone. I think looser CK/PK rules would help in that regard, just so there's real fear of dying. In STALKER, I took a PK once and I might have seen one other PK in almost a year of playing. That's it. I think if PKs were more common we wouldn't have a whole bunch of rambo idiots charging huge groups of slavers just so they don't get captured.

Assassinator

Quote from: Paintcheck on 01-01-2010
We have admins to ensure players don't powergame their way out of things, remember?

Plus at the same time I'm sure whoever runs the Slaver's Guild here will be intelligent enough to know when to not bother trying to enslave someone. I think looser CK/PK rules would help in that regard, just so there's real fear of dying. In STALKER, I took a PK once and I might have seen one other PK in almost a year of playing. That's it. I think if PKs were more common we wouldn't have a whole bunch of rambo idiots charging huge groups of slavers just so they don't get captured.

I agree with your statement, easier PKs would greatly increase the need to survive instead of "drop + save and whine when you get looted".

Zombiehunta

How would you control the PK system with such easily done PKs? I'm not saying it's a bad idea, I support it, but it wouldn't be very easy to control.

Paintcheck

It's not like PKs are going to be every kill. It's just going to be easier to do one than before.

Zombiehunta

I'm just if there will be a major way to control who can form a PK, and how easy it will be.

Paintcheck

Check the STALKER PK Forums to get an idea of how it works. KillSlim's got a pretty good system going. Also check the QA thread in that forum for my idea of how it could work.

Basically, if you can get an admin to watch it or approve it, then it can be a PK.

Zombiehunta

I doubt people would go through an entire application to PK someone they want to enslave. It would be the same as SRP.

Assassinator

If people don't want to RP as a slave, well they're missing RP, and going against realism, you'll find people who will agree to slave RP if you're logical and understand. Not rushing in with wepunz like, "LOL U R SLAVE NOW LET'S HAVE ORAL SEX".

Zombiehunta

I know, but you must understand, the majority of RPers don't care about realism. I'd be a slave in RP, so would you, Paintcheck, etc., but mainly people won't do it.