RAD2: Development Progress

Started by Silver Knight, 02-12-2009

Silver Knight

RAD2: Development Progress

Ill post shit here as i complete it.

Completed stuff:
New data system (HAVE AT YOU WORLDSPAWN!.. still to be tested fully)
2nd Title
Flashlight System (pick up a a flashlight item, and you can use the flashlight)
Banned Props System(no more bad props like cranes or explosive barrels for you to crash the server with!)
Toolgun system (Tools for donators, admins and shit no one can use, like the inflator, sorry bagelz, no more fishing...)
Script Bans (For the kids that just piss me off)
Ragdoll Inventory. (yeah.. you can put items in ragdolls you spawn, not just dead people)
Inventory limiter (If you have no more room, you ant putting more shit in there!)
Sprint (I hear you like to run, just don't get out breath, it slows things down)
Bleed (You on your period stalker?)
Dice (Gamble Your Life away)
Chatbox (Same as before, i love it, don't you?)
Top Info Hud (Alittle bit different, same style though)
Realistic hitboxes (You wont die instantly from being shot in the arm)

Alpha Stuff, It's done, but not quite ready:
Helicoptor system for Military
STALKER Mutant/Zombie npc's (Snork, Zlorm, zombies, stalker zombies and bloodsucker, buggy, but near finished)
Stalker hotkeys (I like to press I for inventory...)
Voices (I might redo it again in rad2, who knows)
Gas Mask/Exo system (If you ant got a mask, your gonna to get yourself killed where gas is, and killed if theres high levels of radiation too!)
Actual Prop Limits! (Adv dup fags beware!)
New Anoms (Vortex, burner, Electro etc)

Stuff To Do:
Wicked Sick Intro (Don't Just stand there, Come in!)
Inventory hud (Currently looks like strelok took a dump and fell face first into it)
New weapon system
PDA (It's a maybe...)
Effects
New Death system
Redo General Hud (Currently the shit is stuck down bottom right, and only works with large resolutions)
Improve Character Creation (Make it nicer, full screen perhaps?)
Player Selectable Stats (select some shit.. i might not bother with this anymore though...)
Suit Stats (All suits have stats, we are all tired of exosuits which are worth jack shit...)
More Animations (Wave at your fellow Stalker, lay down beside your gun or simply sit on your ass)
Flag Characteristics (Mostly for mutants, move faster and the like)
Forum Attachment (For rules and stuff)

Not Going To Happen:
Vehicles (Stalker's terrain is rough, there's no fuel in the zone, and all vehicles that are there are fucked)

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Szenti

Cool! Its good to see that RAD2 is half done :D. WE CAN PLAY POKER?

Silver Knight

Quote from: Szentii on 02-12-2009

No you can't cause you will loose to me.

Silver Knight

Bump to stop people requesting things already on the list.

Celtic

Silver, might you have any idea as to when you'll be completed?  Great job though, looks like you seem to have accomplished alot in the past month.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Celtic on 02-12-2009
Silver, might you have any idea as to when you'll be completed?  Great job though, looks like you seem to have accomplished alot in the past month.

Na this is mostly bits and bobs from when i work on it. XD

collinp

Looking good... alot better than when i left along time ago alot of new stuff! keep up the good work!

bto

Cool, It better be done or ill go to your house Break down your door,
Then rape you!
         !Scratch that!Ill pay blake to go to your house then rape you Hahahahahah!

I love The thing about the Mutants. Now mutants can out run Minges! Lol
    I hate running ofter a minge and he runs away and i cant do shit. We run the same speed. His gun goes a distance mine doesnt lol.
Freedom all day BITCHES!

Szenti

Quote from: Silver Knight on 02-12-2009

* Szentii Pulls out a card from his ass...

You sure?!

Anyways the prop limit will cause a lot of problems I think... Yeah, yeah thats a problem that a player puts down 987 props, and crash the server but... What will be the proplimit? 100?

Silver Knight

Quote from: Szentii on 07-12-2009

You sure?!

Anyways the prop limit will cause a lot of problems I think... Yeah, yeah thats a problem that a player puts down 987 props, and crash the server but... What will be the proplimit? 100?

Normal players will get a small amount, donators will get more props.

KillSlim

"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Silver Knight

Quote from: KillSlim on 07-12-2009
And admins?
Just because your an admin doesn't mean your entitled to donator stuff.

Plunger

Quote from: Silver Knight on 07-12-2009
Quote from: Szentii on 07-12-2009

You sure?!

Possibly prop limit addition trust?

Fluffy

Silver, If at all possible, I would be honored to model the PDA for you guys. I have time on my hands.

KillSlim

Radiation script two will be delayed yet again as SK focuses on another project, when this should be the priority.
*Sigh*.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Silver Knight

I like to take breaks away from coding to work on something else.. It's called creators block....

KillSlim

Quote from: Silver Knight on 09-12-2009
I like to take breaks away from coding to work on something else.. It's called creators block....
But if you plan and focus on what needs doing, it will be done in no time.

Alex

I kind of doubt that Fallout rp will be another Crussaria, simply because we already have a large majority of what we need over our little friend the internet. Yea, they gotta make a map, but hey it won't take forever. Just have some patience KillSlim.

Silver Knight

Quote from: KillSlim on 09-12-2009
Quote from: Silver Knight on 09-12-2009
But if you plan and focus on what needs doing, it will be done in no time.

If you must know, im considering on waiting until Xmas, when Nori releases Cakescript 3, a whole new script from scratch with many improvements, he's working pretty hard on it, and will fix most of the issues im having with RAD2.

We will have to see what happens, none the less, RAD2 was not due until about febuary anyway. But i don't think Nori is going to do a grid system.. and it took FOREVER to intergrate chenobyl's grid system.. Who knows..

Silver Knight

Quote from: Alex on 09-12-2009
I kind of doubt that Fallout rp will be another Crussaria, simply because we already have a large majority of what we need over our little friend the internet. Yea, they gotta make a map, but hey it won't take forever. Just have some patience KillSlim.

Crussaria is flawed by it's lack of content in the medieval and fantasy world...

Alex

Quote from: Silver Knight on 10-12-2009

Crussaria is flawed by it's lack of content in the medieval and fantasy world...

Which was my point exactly.

Zero

I like the current prop system, its fine the way it is, being restricted just tells me "We don't care if you RP or not we just want donations" Isn't the current donation system fine?

Pawx

Quote from: Zero on 13-12-2009
I like the current prop system, its fine the way it is, being restricted just tells me "We don't care if you RP or not we just want donations" Isn't the current donation system fine?

Same here, Some people are Poor, Looking just For RP and Some Fun.

Fluffy

Quote from: Silver Knight on 10-12-2009

Taking scripts agains?

Moss

Are we gonna be able to Delete Characters if they has Worldspawn ?
Moss--it has the charm of a creeping tune~Even in darkness it still grows.

Why do I love Moss?

I have been asked this question many times. Unfortunately, their is not one easy answer that I can give you.