Faction war.

Started by klp4, 15-11-2009

klp4

Faction war
Yesterday I got a kind of weird idea that might be fun to try out.

On the server, Major factions can be neutral to one another, they can become friendly or hostile.
Usally when two major factions are hostile against each other, the roleplay usally is, taking prisoners, threatening each other, on rare ocations have some sort of battle etc, and that can be fun ofcourse, but what if we would have some sort of "Faction War" sometimes.

For example,

Lets say Military and Duty become hostile to each other.
Having a "Faction war" could then mean that each faction sometimes send troops to attack the other one, make missions to, assassinate someone, sabotage something or kidnapping someone etc. (The killing of another player wouldn't be PK) It then woud be OK to attack someone from the other faction if using STRP. It could almost be like the faction wars from Clear sky and factions could talk to each other (if they are hostile) to declare such war.

Perhaps battles could occur and then the rules would be STRP. STRP could be a rule that we would use all the time during these wars.

What do you think?
"I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude diquised as another dude!"

The myth says that Radek has two arms, the myth also says that the devil has two arms. Coincidence? I think not.

Steel

I like the idea, because being in a major faction seems a bit dull at points.
This means factions would be more exciting.
Hopefully improving faction activity all around.
I support it.
Also adding elements of passive between factions would also be good.

Plunger

Quote from: Dark Angel on 15-11-2009
supporT!
Where's the reason for this.

Zero

Quote from: Plunger on 15-11-2009
supporT!
The point is to add more missions for faction warfare, in clear sky you could go to anyone for a mission and occassionaly it may be a factional mission where you have to defeat a enemy encampment or something. I support as long as it doesn't result in DM.

Dug

Plunger

Quote from: Zero on 15-11-2009
Quote from: Plunger on 15-11-2009
supporT!
The point is to add more missions for faction warfare, in clear sky you could go to anyone for a mission and occassionaly it may be a factional mission where you have to defeat a enemy encampment or something. I support as long as it doesn't result in DM.
I was talking about how Dark said support without listing reasons, same with Dug.

Goose

Support+ Would create some good situations it would just make boring days fun give people something to do and could creat alot of IRP situations.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Dug

I think everyone else stated why it should be supported.
It would add fun to major factions.
And the major factions would be less inactive.

As long as there is no dming, It will be good.

ISPYUDIE

+Support Could bring in some new RP and faction missions would be fun. But make sure it doesn't turn into DM like alot of stuff does now adays ><

klp4

I understand the concern about it turning into a DM.
Ofcourse, there's a chance that it might will, but, it's worth trying and if we get it going, perhaps we all can try to avoid it by working on it together.
"I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude diquised as another dude!"

The myth says that Radek has two arms, the myth also says that the devil has two arms. Coincidence? I think not.

Steel

Id say we have an entire sub-forum dedicated to this, so we can keep track on whos making what progress, and for leaders of raids etc, to write reports on whats happened.
That way it will stay controlled.

Dug

Clear sky style faction wars eh? ;D

Zero

Can I also say I like the idea, but I don't like this all powerful shit thats been going around as well, military frequently bring in a helicopter because they need "Force" You don't need a helicopter for force, you just need organization and some luck. I think factions should get stronger the closer they are to their main base (On the server of course such as my adv dupe base) so a helicopter can't go to freedom base, unless the resources and the manpower to run it are available (Which should be rare, their rare in the game why not here) That makes it so the monolith can't raid the military base without getting shot up, since were much further from our base, and your stronger at the military base, but don't expect to come to our base with a helicopter or we will shoot it down with the supplys at our base, we will stop powergaming if you will too. This goes for doody and freedumb too.

Royz

* Royz agrees with Zero

Zarrick

Ask your blewdy trader to sell your Rock-it Launchers, god...on a personal pet hate I hate those people that just pull RPGs out of there buttawkses which there SHOULD be a rule unless you aquire IC (Without RP and just saying that you got it) or buying it from a trader.

But if you got Rocket launchers, then sure try and shoot Millitary down, the only problem is this:

Millitary will avoid fire if you do, so...either get killed and respawn or RP loosing limbs or being PHUCKED and they may actually RP getting hit for once.

Its basically just give and take, and to be honest sod Cannon, people pull that excuse when they have no other good excuses, you got the cash? In my opinion you gots yourself a bloody Copter' with Afros approval and an RP to actually get it.

But ofcourse noone listens >_>

I dont see why Monolith shouldnt have Helicopters, there are enough of them scattered around Pripyat and the chances are Monolith at some point will get some kind of engineer.

So in theory, Millitary, or in my opinion anyway, are hiding behind there OOC-only rule of having a Helicopter so they can be the best, because people dont want to lose limbs, or get hit by Copter rounds, so why should they get hit by rockets and shots-to-the cockpit.

Gief, and take and thats somthing that fails to be apparent in this server quite alot.
====================================

====================================

RayDark

I support this, it could end up like that time in SoC where five DUTY-exo's raided a Freedom camp.

And got their asses kicked.
I suppose the STRP would be useless as most of the time people will not be in-your-face trying to kill you. They will more likely be from afar.
STK sounds more like an RP, minus running-and-gunning, but with it's limits.
*You can't send in more than six people.
*You can't arm them to the with anything besides their specialization. E.g; sniper gets a sniper. Not sniper gets a rocket launcher.
*They must have a leader to pick out the idiots that run-and-gun and that run away.

I think that is viable, as RPing a fight with more than twelve people is going to turn out like shit.

Nikolaz72

People would need to attack in their respective squads... I do support though there should be exceptions to the max 5 people raids. Like an Admin permission "Bit like PK"
Text Cyric the Archmage.