emptyness and lack of rp

Started by fletcher, 13-10-2009

fletcher

OK, so Ive been on the server for a fe weeks, and im already noticing something

first,  the server seems to like to be empty/near empty frequently, and that gets really old when you are tryign to actually RP with people

second, i notice that a lot of people, when i am on, don't seem to want to rp, just chat in looc all frigging day

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO SERIOUS RP!?!? does it only happen like once a month or what???

Lucidius

Talk to loners, most loners will RP gladly.

Everytime i'm on with a few other loners, epic RP is had.

Whenever i'm on by myself and try to RP with some one from a faction they'll just look at your group and walk away.

Also, there may be a lack of RP but that's not a reason to not RP yourself. If i'm on, gimme a shouter. Add me to steam friends even.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Paintcheck

School means most days people are busy with homework and can't get on. The weekends are usually 20+ on which is more than enough to RP.

Goose

weekends are epic always have the best events like the zombifed stalker while there was the emmision with everyone stuck in the sewers that was sick.
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Dark Angel

Lately i've been rather sick of SRP with no RP :V usually ended up spying on other players and cleaning the map :V

lolKieck

Welcome to my world.
The lack of RP made me think about leaving HGN, but right now, I'm taking a break from SRP.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Steel

There are many reasons theres a drop in players...
Its getting close to xmas, meaning there is going to be alot of games releases in november such as COD and L4D2,
People also have school, i have work, alot of the time we cant go on...
And it all links to the lack of RP...
Because no one wants to RP when theres 3 people on the server.
sadley all servers drop in popularity around this time of year.

Dark Angel

Well i'm sometimes joining SRP when nobody is on i get on and invite people in :V

But people usually answer me "Nah i'm gonna play ArmA" or "Nah i'll go play GTA IV" or something like that :V

Dug

Dunno bout you guys but most of the time when I get on at 20:00 GMT +1 there is a good number of players and I always have fun.

Dark Angel

And i've to play at night :V Suckish Timezone :V

Silver Knight

Timezones the problem, we have americans and europeans, and the aussies.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Paintcheck

All you people saying "I'm leaving because there's no RP" are contributing to the problem. Just because a server goes inactive when school starts doesn't mean you should pack up and leave the community. Keep checking the server and when people get on RP with them. When no one is on, do something else. Don't post "ZOMG SERVER IS DYING BECAUSE I'M STILL IN MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HAVE NO HOMEWORK AND CAN'T UNDERSTAND THAT EVERYONE ELSE HAS HOMEWORK AND SCHOOL STUFF TO DO SO I'M GOING TO LEAVE AND NOT PLAY ANY MORE" because it makes you look like an idiot and makes other people leave as well.

How do you think topics like this look to new players who just joined the forums because they are interested in the concept? They'll think this server is always dead and move on which will further exacerbate the problem. Wait till the weekend like I said above, it's always active on Saturdays.

/thread?

Lucidius

Quote from: Paintcheck on 14-10-2009
All you people saying "I'm leaving because there's no RP" are contributing to the problem.

If there is no RP make some.

THERE IS NO TOAST READILY AVAILBLE.

I"M FUCKING LEAVING THIS HOUSE AND MOVING TO ANOTHER ONE THAT HAS TOAST.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Dug

Even now , there was like 3-5 players joined and had a good time.

Steel

Well quite honestly there is no problem with the server at all...
Its called patience, RP still happens...
Just at the right time, we arent in the best season for gaming, so just play along and contribute, there is no harm in it!
And as ive noticed the weekends are busy, i have experience from this area of things....
THE SERVER IS NOT DYING.

Dug

THE SERVER IS ALIVE AND KICKING! :D

Locke

Ive barely seen you on it, and you have 7 posts.

Pawx

Only thing I'm getting sick and tired of is the Play to Fucking Win People!!!

Its annoying as hell, they always get into my RP, and ruin it... Mostly the Stalkers and Suckers.

Goose

Yea people try Inury rp its good fun if its a sucker to to get the fuck away from it IRL you would be scared shitless so fucking run :P
~"Victory isn't sweet, Victory is the absence of the taste of fear and stench of death"

Locke

Quote from: Goose on 14-10-2009
Yea people try Inury rp its good fun if its a sucker to to get the fuck away from it IRL you would be scared shitless so fucking run :P

Yeah, dont bitch about powering if a mutant catches you alone, not much you can do.

Radek

No one is willing to die on the server, yea i know that sounded weird but I mean.. When you get cought by a sucker.. you will porbably die a horrible death.. That's life in the zone for ya Biatch
Tom About Mili interigation
|HGN-STSR| Tom: "Ill keep an eye out for OMEGA! PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!"      "Damn right you will!" *Pours vodka on you and lights you on fire*    "IN HELL!"

Goose

In a way it dosen't sound weird it makes sense that you come to the zone without experiance expect to die...