LARPing

Started by Knife_cz, 07-10-2014

Knife_cz

Aight so I made this thread in order to find out if anybody has any kind of experiences with this thing.
LARP stands for Live Action Role Play, as in you get/create a role and you play it. Real life, it's popular around the world, and it's quite popular in Czech Republic too.
Seeing as we're appareantly one of the most active Airsoft players in Europe, due to not having such regulations such as "Airsoft guns musn't look real" or "You must have a gunpass in order to own an Airsoft weapon", it's really popular. Anyway, Airsoft weapons are often used in the LARP appareantly, especially in fighting focused ones such as STALKER or Fallout, which both exist here, and I've been thinking of attending the Fallout one lately.
So alright, do you have any experiences with LARP? Would you like to attend one? Does it even exist in your country?

jaik

they used to do these massive stalker events here and i dont think anyone cares anymore but

isnt it kind of awkward to get together with your fellow sweaty obese stalker nerds and shoot BBs at each other while screaming "BLYAAAA PAPALI PAPALI SUKI". the campfire talk will be limited to debate about which mod is the best and complaining about abusive admins.

how are you even going to roleplay when some people might not even know what stalker is and whats the best way to actually rp it. we've seen this a million times on srp

and what of fallout? ...oh dear sweet mother of god...

Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Knife_cz

Quote from: Jake on 07-10-2014
they used to do these massive stalker events here and i dont think anyone cares anymore but

isnt it kind of awkward to get together with your fellow sweaty obese stalker nerds and shoot BBs at each other while screaming "BLYAAAA PAPALI PAPALI SUKI". the campfire talk will be limited to debate about which mod is the best and complaining about abusive admins.

how are you even going to roleplay when some people might not even know what stalker is and whats the best way to actually rp it. we've seen this a million times on srp

and what of fallout? ...oh dear sweet mother of god...

Well bby I've attented plenty of Airsoft actions that are borderline roleplay, surely LARP can't be so different, right?

Zen

Knife_cz

jaik

nKe

Sounds pretty sad

Silver Knight

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Knife_cz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHclS9nzRJI
Sheez you negros, I was talking about the Czech kind of LARP.
'Protector' is airsoft with LARP perks, the setting is a start of war in Afghanistan. 1200 players on the lastest session, new is being planned.
Plenty of foreigners come here too.

Why can't we have nice things

Zen

jaik

Knife_cz

Quote from: Jake on 11-10-2014
Quote from: Zen on 11-10-2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JADX3KRA60s