MAP CHANGED TO GM_Atomic

Started by Spades_Neil, 30-12-2011

Spades_Neil

Thank you everyone for your feedback. We have changed the map to GM_Atomic, at least for the time being. We'll see how it all works out and meet on this again at a later date. For now, enjoy the change in maps!

If you need a link, either go to the info thread, or download GM_Atomic right off of Toybox.

lol this didn't fucking work. We're going back to Apoc soon.

D33tly

I agree with you Spades, GM_Atomic was great. Loved it. I had my best FORP RP times there, and yes, RP_apocalypse is too large. Hope we switch to GM_atomic again. P.S. i think Enclave should have that one town with the bunker, cause it would be like the Enclave are secluded tot he bunker. we would just block off that one teleport to the bunker town. Or that could be a vault or something. Either way.

Caso

Personally, I would like to see the change of scenery now and then. It would be hard to hide items on the map like GM_Atomic. Yet it would be good to have the players roleplaying finding an item. Maybe.

Also... when do we get to go on RP_Salvation2? I would like to see that map in actions

And D33tly. Brotherhood should have the Bunker if we go to GM_Atomic. Enclave has the giant awesome one in Rp_Salvation (even if the map is small)
I used to be an adventure like you, but then the shadow started chasing me through a castle filled with monsters.

D33tly

Uh, Caso, I just mean that in (HGN's) lore, Enclave has a bunker. So, when I remembered this map, it had a bunker. So I just thought of putting one and one together.

Khorn

Anything but Atomic, that map is so dull.

What about that one relatively flat TRP map I showed you? The maker even remade it for SRP.  And isn't there a remake of CSC Desert with a fix?

Caso

Quote from: D33tly on 30-12-2011
Uh, Caso, I just mean that in (HGN's) lore, Enclave has a bunker. So, when I remembered this map, it had a bunker. So I just thought of putting one and one together.

I know but if the Enclave get the bunker in GM_Atomic then people cant really populate the town in the area. And it would mostly go to Enclave really running the whole thing. If anyone is in the vicinity they can't really come close unless they want to be killed off, or captured and THEN killed
I used to be an adventure like you, but then the shadow started chasing me through a castle filled with monsters.

D33tly

Yeah, your right I guess Caso, havn't played the map for awhile so my memory is a bit rusty. Also, question for spades: Are we gonna event a move from our part of step jaw to another part?

Khorn

Atomic is terrible since the whole map is situated terribly.

Specifically that bunker in the middle of the map. It's the hotspot for player to visit.

And also since almost every other spot on the map is completely visible from there. Makes it difficult to move about in secrecy.

Frostee

Spades_Neil

I think the big issue with GM_Atomic will be the lack of faction bases. I like that the town is a hotspot for players, but this can backfire as well. Brotherhood of Steel would get that bunker, but who else gets what?

Probably what I'd do is I would manually construct the bases for Enclave using some Combine and PHX props, while an Outcast base would be built out of scrap--but you get the idea. The map is great for wasters, not so great for factions.

Also I checked out RP_Salvation_2 a while ago. (Not the Stalker version.) It'd actually work very nicely, but has too many palm trees for my liking. A possibility, however. Though I'm hoping Exile will someday get to finishing that super old FORP map he once said he was working on.

pilot

I personally still like rp_apocolypse more then gm_atmoic, but I can see where your going with this. Problem I'm seeing is that people are already attached to rp_apoclypse and would be hard to start all over again in a new map, but I may be underestimating this idea. What if we go big and make a map of our own, then it will all be suited to our liking. Just throwing ideas.

D33tly

^ this actually, we could get someone who knows how to make a map well, and just make things work. Tell them to make a secluded bunker, something for outcasts, and something for BoS. It would make sure to suit the needs of the playerbase, and go with canon. But map makers don't usually make maps for free >.>

Caso

Quote from: D33tly on 31-12-2011
^ this actually, we could get someone who knows how to make a map well, and just make things work. Tell them to make a secluded bunker, something for outcasts, and something for BoS. It would make sure to suit the needs of the playerbase, and go with canon. But map makers don't usually make maps for free >.>

Well, I know before that Ace had tried contacting map makers before. I dont know what happened but at the same time it takes months to even make a map and work out the bugs. Such as the map might randomly kill people due to glitches or have memory leaks and crash the server.  Mr.Pink tried to make a map.... he gave up soon after (lol)

If we do get a map maker other then Exile, more likely we wont see the map until a couple months later. 

pilot

Yeah but still, how good would it be for the server if we had our own custom map. I like the underground bunker for the Outcasts, we can have a base for  the Enclave, a citadel for the Brotherhood of Steel, a encampment for the super mutants, caves for the ghouls, a lake and a bridge, fortress's for groups, and towns for people to inhabitate. I would make the map, but I am just not that good at making maps.

Snazzy

Quote from: pilot on 31-12-2011
I personally still like rp_apocolypse more then gm_atmoic, but I can see where your going with this. Problem I'm seeing is that people are already attached to rp_apoclypse and would be hard to start all over again in a new map, but I may be underestimating this idea. What if we go big and make a map of our own, then it will all be suited to our liking. Just throwing ideas.

Pilot has good idea! rp_Apocalypse for the win.
I had my second chance and I selfishly blew it for petty revenge on people who didn't even deserve it. I abused Exile's trust in me and now I'm banned forever. :(

jaik

none will map for hgn without getting paid and any attempts on frp playerbase's side have failed. frp won't have a playable custom map (without silver's intervention) -- fact.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Khorn

I whole heartedly agree the current map is too big for us,  but atomic is just not designed well for anything but comics.

Please consider Salvation2 or the SRP version first.

pilot

I went on this server because it was on rp_apocolypse. Everyone else is on gm_atomic, I believe rp_apocolypse stands out from all the other servers. I also think that if we change to gm_atomic people that some percentage of HGN will maybe drop if they don't like the new map. It's something to really think about, it may be a tough choice, but I know you guys are really thinking about this.

I will try to make a map we will see how it goes.

Maxi96203

I'm going to side with Khorne on this one. I support going to Salvation.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Snazzy

Atomic is a good map and all.... but it only has one town... and then buildings in the wasteland. No water so no mirelurks. And not to mention its not wastelandy. Its more of a RAGE type of map.(RAGE is a Bethesda game). I really dont think you want to go around the place and static houses. Not to mention trying to do it in SDK.
I had my second chance and I selfishly blew it for petty revenge on people who didn't even deserve it. I abused Exile's trust in me and now I'm banned forever. :(

Spades_Neil

Quote from: halokiller38 on 01-01-2012
Atomic is a good map and all.... but it only has one town... and then buildings in the wasteland. No water so no mirelurks. And not to mention its not wastelandy. Its more of a RAGE type of map.(RAGE is a Bethesda game). I really dont think you want to go around the place and static houses. Not to mention trying to do it in SDK.

Actually I like that it only has one town, because it also has some really good areas to build. I've seen some very complex towns constructed before made of props like train cars, container doors, and various other junk.

Steven :D

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 01-01-2012
Quote from: halokiller38 on 01-01-2012

Actually I like that it only has one town, because it also has some really good areas to build. I've seen some very complex towns constructed before made of props like train cars, container doors, and various other junk.

gm_buttes
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=38215

Has amazing tunnels, a wide expanse and some water (I don't know why) but it could be pretty neat for building towns as well. I'll get some images ingame of the tunnels.

Snazzy

No offense But thats really deserty and something from star wars

Iam333

Quote from: halokiller38 on 02-01-2012
It actually reminds me Shady Sands.
Also, what is that "dark secret" about? It could ruin atmosphere for some people.

Steven :D

Quote from: Iam333 on 02-01-2012
Quote from: halokiller38 on 02-01-2012
It actually reminds me Shady Sands.
Also, what is that "dark secret" about? It could ruin atmosphere for some people.
The tunnels.