Project ZOMBOID

Started by Corocan, 25-12-2011

Corocan

Unofficial Official Project Zomboid Commercial / Trailer

• Project Zomboid is a Zombie Survival RPG. Here are some of its planned features:

• Retro-isometric style with plenty of zombie insides thrown in for good measure.
    • A massive city and the surrounding areas to traverse, explore and loot.
    • Open-ended sandbox world – survival is your only goal, and we're sorry to tell you... you WILL die eventually.
    • Get infected. How will you spend your final days? Will you have a heroic moment of self-sacrifice, or end up chewing your best friend's throat out?
    • Meet other survivors who you can join forces with, trade with, undertake missions for, or fight with for resources.
    • Loot, salvage, and build what you need to survive the apocalypse, from food and medical supplies, to weapons, even just booze to help get you through the nights.
    • Advanced item crafting allows you to use looted items to build weapons, traps, defenses, and many other things to help you survive.
    • Character progression. Learn skills and perks to help your character face the challenges of survival.
    • Starvation, illness, loneliness, depression, alcoholism, drug addiction, suicide, insanity, trust issues. There's more to zombie survival than shooting zombie heads off.
    • Join your friends and survive the apocalypse together in co-op multiplayer.
    • The world changes the longer you survive; power plants fail, plunging the city into darkness and making batteries and tinned food prized commodities. The army rolls into the streets to perform 'clean up operations' and other gamechanging events occur the longer you survive.
    • Play in your browser, or stand-alone, on PC, Mac and Linux.
  • It will be released Minecraft style, where there will be continual updates adding new features, weapons, game-play and locations.
  • It is available here and there will be a tech demo coming soon.
  • The tech demo will just show a fraction of the planned features and is merely a taste of what is to come. We will continue developing after this point, feasibly for years and years, improving and expanding the game.
  • We have an active community that helps drive development, which can be found here.
The demo for the game can be downloaded here: http://www.fileplanet.com/220702/220000/fileinfo/Project-Zomboid-Pre-Alpha-Tech-Demo
Bare in mind that this is a pre-alpha so it's still a work in progress; however, it is still a good game. NPC Interaction and Multiplayer as well as saved games are still being worked on but are expected to be updated in a patch in the near future. I'd advise that you buy the game while it's very cheap. You'll get every update after it. This is a growing popular game in the Indie development recently, so I advise you get it now while they're not charging for updates. I've recently bought it and the demo doesn't have half the good stuff the full release has and it's only like 7 dollars at the moment, so go ahead and buy it! What are you waiting for?

jaik

seems like a dead project to me, considering they were promising all of those features for a year and didn't bother to update their cheap demo a single time nor give updates to people that bought the game. also it got popular for a day because of the video where the guy kills the wife with a pillow(and the machinima creator had quite a wide fanbase, so go figure). don't get hyped and make a mistake by buying this, look at their previous projects, they don't seem to update anything 'minecraft-style', which makes this another poor attempt at marketing by telling that they are going to copy another indie company's successful methods. community is quite narrow, too.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

nKe

Laptops got stolen and nobody made backups.
It takes time. Just be patient, Survivor AI is half ready.

Bl★ck Star

We already somewhere got a thread about this.

Corocan

Quote from: Jake on 25-12-2011
seems like a dead project to me, considering they were promising all of those features for a year and didn't bother to update their cheap demo a single time nor give updates to people that bought the game. also it got popular for a day because of the video where the guy kills the wife with a pillow(and the machinima creator had quite a wide fanbase, so go figure). don't get hyped and make a mistake by buying this, look at their previous projects, they don't seem to update anything 'minecraft-style', which makes this another poor attempt at marketing by telling that they are going to copy another indie company's successful methods. community is quite narrow, too.

Actually they made the 'Big Update Announcement' sometime in late May and other obstacles ensued.

Verne

The game looks sorta like a failed attempt to me.

I love the idea, but the fact that updates don't come out regularly simply makes people lose interest in this. (minecraft DID this right, with secret friday updates etc. Now, Notch is just a lazy jew.)

mrchief

I've played it a while back and loved it. It was a really good idea until the supporting community began to falter and the developers began to quit posting news :l