Development Team Application Thread

Started by Silver Knight, 30-11-2008

Silver Knight

Interested in becoming a developer? have a useful skill that could contribute to the community?

You must be at skilled in your ability, we arn't looking for people who know alittle, or want to learn, we need our development team to be able to take on a big responsibility, if your really serious about this, then you will be subject to work and be part of our team, it's not a easy task, and you are expected to be dedicated and work throughout your free time.

Think you have got what it takes?

We are looking for:

-Mappers
-Modelers
-Scripters/Coders
-Sound Artists

and other unique skills !

If you are interested, please fill out this application!

Gamer name:
Timezone: (UK, US etc)
Skills:
What can you contribute to the development of this project:
Portfolio: (previous work etc)

We will get back to you soon !

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Sickness

Gamer name: SicKNeSS
Timezone: (UK, US etc) GMT -6, US
Skills: Some Mapping.
What can you contribute to the development of this project: Well I am not the best mapper. Not so good with all those hills and stuff, but I can contribute some buildings that can help in future maps.
Portfolio: (previous work etc) Well like a year ago, I was better at mapping than I am now, and I was working on a small rp/build map, I got some buildings done, then I stopped because I had no free time on my hands. Well yeah, I used to make small fun maps, I was learning how to make the buildings very detailed with sprays on them, like the ones you can find in TnB maps.
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

zer0

Quote from: Jammymanrock Gamer name: Jammymanrock
Timezone: (UK, US etc) GMT 0, UK
Skills: Lua coding, some mapping.
What can you contribute to the development of this project: I am the one that fixed the slow bullets in the script that zer0 gave you and I also coded better ragdolls with proper physics, basically I can fix things (Since the script is really only an alpha)
Portfolio: (previous work etc) I fixed the slow bullets and ragdolls, trading permits, and other stuff like that. I also am coding a guitar swep that works well. For my maps I don't have that much to display since I have never released them but I am competent in lighting and entity work.

Yap,he's good,he helped me create maps,and is good at map making himself(GODLIKE LIGHTNING... :V). And he really did fix the shitty "physics simulated bullets". And he's not a retard either.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Jammymanrock Gamer name: Jammymanrock
Timezone: (UK, US etc) GMT 0, UK
Skills: Lua coding, some mapping.
What can you contribute to the development of this project: I am the one that fixed the slow bullets in the script that zer0 gave you and I also coded better ragdolls with proper physics, basically I can fix things (Since the script is really only an alpha)
Portfolio: (previous work etc) I fixed the slow bullets and ragdolls, trading permits, and other stuff like that. I also am coding a guitar swep that works well. For my maps I don't have that much to display since I have never released them but I am competent in lighting and entity work.

Accepted, alot of people have backed you up on your skills, so i trust their judgement, welcome to the development team !

Silver Knight

Quote from: SicKNeSS Gamer name: SicKNeSS
Skills: Some Mapping.
What can you contribute to the development of this project: Well I am not the best mapper. Not so good with all those hills and stuff, but I can contribute some buildings that can help in future maps.
Portfolio: (previous work etc) Well like a year ago, I was better at mapping than I am now, and I was working on a small rp/build map, I got some buildings done, then I stopped because I had no free time on my hands. Well yeah, I used to make small fun maps, I was learning how to make the buildings very detailed with sprays on them, like the ones you can find in TnB maps.

Please show me some of your work first sickness.

Jazer

Gamer name: Hostel
Skills: Mapping
What can you contribute to the development of this project: I can map, I want to expand my knowledge of it while serving the community. Plus I really want this gamemode to kick off well.

Accepted :walkman:

Turnkey

Gamer name: Turnkey
Timezone: GMT +1 (Denmark)
Skills: Mapper
What can you contribute to the development of this project: I can help you with your maps
Portfolio: Dont really got anything on picture. But I sure can use hammer editor.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Turnkey Gamer name: Turnkey
Timezone: GMT +1 (Denmark)
What can you contribute to the development of this project: I can help you with your maps
Portfolio: Dont really got anything on picture. But I sure can use hammer editor.

I need to see some of your previous work Turnkeym get in contact with me.

Locke

Gamer name: Locke

Timezone: (UK, US etc) Winnipeg Canada, Central Canada timezone

Skills: Hammer skills, good mental pictures of what needs to be done. Aspiring architect, and Hammer is very much like a program used to model out houses and other buildings, so It was easy for me to learn. I am not bad with some things like entities amd npc spawn points, but I would much rather work on the infrastructre anad leave the skyboxes/enitities/final touches to someone else.

What can you contribute to the development of this project: I can give ideas for buildings , contruct them and model them on hammer, and I can also help some people find the resources on a certain mapping technique

Portfolio: (previous work etc) I have a thread in the Dev. Section, this is the first part of a self teaching project for hammer, and I would gladly give that map in all it's entirety, to the HGN stalker roleplay community.

Rico

Gamer name: Rico
Timezone: GMT -5(United states, east coast)
Skills: Mapping
What can you contribute to the development of this project: Mapping
Portfolio: I've mapped for the in development modification of Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
But i was sent to alpha tester, because there was more than enough mappers

Starce3

Gamer name: Starce3.
Timezone: US EST -5
Skills: Scripting, Skinning
What can you contribute to the development of this project: Alot of models.
Portfolio: Not sure how I can show this, but I have one screenshot

PirateX

Gamer name: PirateX
Timezone: GMT (UTC0)
What can you contribute to the development of this project: I can help create S.T.A.L.K.E.R maps :)
Portfolio: I'm mapping for a new source mod called "Eclipse Hour" Mapping leader :)

Map I made a few weeks ago.

Alek Kenenday

Gamer name: Alek Kenenday
Timezone: (UK, US etc) US Central Time zone
Skills: I can Map.
What can you contribute to the development of this project: I'm not awesome at mapping but im pretty good and have had some experienced with mapping
Portfolio: (previous work etc) I've made some maps (Below screenshot) and have just applied and am waiting for a response for the mod Star wars: The New Era

Torch

Gamer name: Torch
Timezone: (UK, US etc) Eastern Standard Time, GMT-5
Skills: Skinning, rigging, basic animations, limited sound knowledge
What can you contribute to the development of this project: New models (Rip n' Rig), new skins, some basic animations for v_models, good understanding of vmt commands (such as phong, rim lighting, ect.). Know my way around Audicity (Sound recording/editing program). Also my schedule coming up may make my times during the week scarce, thought I should be fairly solid Fridays-Saturdays though June-July.
Portfolio:

Textures
Reskin of EU Recon
FREEDOM Logo as a spray

Models
MC model with extra addons
Working v_model of Koeing AVR
S.T.A.L.K.E.R gear on the Tactical Rebel
Female Halo 1 Marine (Improved Normals & Phong'd)
Original & Reworked EU Recon

MDDBULLDOGG

Gamer name: MDDBULLDOGG
Timezone: (UK, US etc) Eastern Standard Time, GMT-5
Skills: Mapper.
What can you contribute to the development of this project: I could edit the current map (redemption), or I could help in the making of new maps. I would be very active because lately we've been real slow due to timezones in the mod I'm working on.
Portfolio: (Only two pictures because they're from the mod. The rest of my maps have not been released.)
http://img196.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=prison0006.jpg

surgeon

Gamer name: Surgeon
Timezone: UK
Skills: Lua coding in: Sweps, classes and npc's.
What can you contribute to the development of this project: I would be able to contribute multiple sweps, classes and npc's, I am also able to fix any errors that I am faced with, and if I cannot I will contact someone I know who will help.
Portfolio: An example of a previous swep I did was created a fire extinguisher which removes the entity_flame from an object or person, however this file and many others was lost when the owner of the server pulled out from the G mod scene. I would also like to help develop my knowledge and increase the popularity of this community. My Schedule is evenings during the week and weekends. 

Thankyou
Surgeon

KillSlim

Gamer name: KillSlim.
Timezone (UK, US etc): Uk.
Skills: Mapping.
What can you contribute to the development of this project: I have the know-how on how to create maps. I've been mapping for around half a year and I learned a lot since I started. I've been practicing with small mini-projects which has given me experience in Hammer World Editor. (Please note, I was forced to delete my mini projects due to lack of hard drive space.)
Portfolio (previous work etc):
Upcoming project of mine: Srp_Deadfront.

The map is currently in very early stages and a lot of new features are to be added.
Thanks for reading.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Caboose

Heyy Silver, firstly its nice to finally be on the forums again and with my new intarnetz you'll find me alot more active with you guys, when i have time of course. Any ways i already talked to u about this but i though i'd make it offical.

Gamer name: Caboose
Timezone: (UK, US etc) eastern
Skills: video making and editing
What can you contribute to the development of this project: Im no mapper thats fo sho, and i know to little of scripting to be of much help but... since you guys could use some promotional stuff i thought i could record some live feed from in game of every one roleplaying ( with a little cooperation of everyone of course) post it all over the web like youtube and what not, and that would make alot of people want to play this, even buy gmod if they don't have it even.
AHH WHAT HAPPENED

Horsey

Gamer name:
Horsey

Timezone: (UK, US etc)
UK, GMT

Skills:
Lua and Mapping

What can you contribute to the development of this project:
Anything, I can do a bit of mapping or scripting for you if you like.

Portfolio: (previous work etc)
Nothing really, I've made a few unreleased maps and gamemodes, I currently work on the offical TacoScript and I have around a year of mapping experience and 8-9 months of Lua.

Tunddruff

Gamer name: Tunddruff
Timezone: Canada ((GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada))
Skills: Photoshop
Im a going to be converting models....
What can you contribute to the development of this project: I have good photoshop skills. I am dedicated and you know that I have content from Clear Sky.
Portfolio: Tunddruff.deviantart.com         'Nuff said.

Moordact

Gamer name:Moordact
Timezone: (UK, US etc)gmt+1
Skills:lua
What can you contribute to the development of this project: stuff like the current project i'm on
Portfolio: well i'm making the mission npc..
I think it's a big thing when i got that working
Don't mind my englisch im Dutch!

SFAriel

Gamer name: +[SP]+ SFAriel
Timezone: GMT+1
Skills: Lua scripting, advanced mapping, little to no C++
What can you contribute to the development of this project: I would really like to do Lua, I'm not really into mapping because it gets boring for me pretty fast.
Portfolio: I can't really mention any Lua scripts I made, however I'm the lead scripter for our zombie survival server and I do Lua scripting for over a year now. I know how to get done a script polished and efficient. While I'm not a professional I still consider myself an advanced Lua scripter. I just find a workaround for most of the things.

I know that I'm a kind of new guy around here, but I play on the stalker rp server often and I'm just not really familiar with this forum yet.

Map example:

And an unfinished zombie survival project (kinda early shots):

Sorry for the mass pictures...

Dutch

Gamer name: Dutch
Timezone: GMT -5 (US)
Skills: Skinning, basic mapping, .vmt stuff, (I'll try to learn hexing), Photoshop skillz, concept art/ideas
What can you contribute to the development of this project: I'm not sure if you've seen several of my skinning-related threads, but I'd like to consider myself pretty good at it. As of yet, I haven't done anything major with my skins, at least not SRP related. I'm currently working on several projects, however, and I'm attempting to drastically improve my skinning skills. I can create custom textures for maps, as well as the required .vmt's, as my (advanced) knowledge of .vmt's would come in handy. However, I italicized can because that's not necessarily my forté. I excel, however, in the creation of textures using something as a base. By that, I mean reskinning, not custom texture creation.
Portfolio: In the process of digging up past work to produce a presentable portfolio, but as of yet this will have to do:

Military suit reskin
-Items listed above are works in progress.-
SEVA suit normal map fix
"What dutch says, when he's not trollin mono, he talkes good smartness." - Comradebritish

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST, FOLKS

LinkinEleven

Gamer name: LinkinEleven
Timezone: EST
Skills: C++ and Lua Scripting
What can you contribute to the development of this project: I can provide any maintance on your gamemode / scripts, create weaponry, hell even create a new gamemode,

Proof of my knowlage on scripting...

function Hatemenu()
Hatemenu = vgui,create( "DFrame")
Hatemenu:SetPos( 100, Scrh() /2)
Hatemenu:SetSize( 200, 210)
Hatemenu:SetTitle( "Teams" )
Hatemenu:SetVisible( true )
Hatemenu:SetDragable( true )
Hatemenu:SetCloseButton( true )
HatemenuLMakePopup()

TeamHatred = vgui.Create ("DButton" , Frame)
TeamHatred:SetPos (30, 30)
TeamHatred:SetSize (100, 50)
TeamHatred:SetText( "Team Hatred" )
TeamHatred.DoClick = function()

RunConsoleCommand( "Hatred ")
end

function Krull
ImaginaryMan=Gay
if ImaginaryMan==HeteroSexual then
Msg("You're not gay!!\n")
else
Msg("You're gay! \n")

end
concommand.Add ( "gay" , Krull )

end

Hacha

where can i find all the moddels and maps for the stalker server??