Kony 2012

Started by JRParadox, 06-03-2012

JRParadox

Joseph Kony is a man whom has committed and caused thousands of atrocities including the kidnapping of 30,000 children who were then raped and used as soldiers in his army which serves only to fuel him with power. Kony has avoided the attention of the international government for too long, please take 30 minutes out of your time to watch this video which will inform you on every aspect of Kony and the LRA:

KONY 2012

I personally am hoping I am able to take part in spreading the posters against Koby around the English city of Norwich as well as donating and raising awareness (in ways such as creating this thread).

Please say what you plan to do and your thoughts on the subject. Also sorry if I made any mistakes or have made some rookie forum mistake as I may be mis-informed or just plain ignorant.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Terraria Super Operator
JRP > What are you?
Rag > Your freind
JRP > For real?
Rag > This is so serious you don't understand.

Redbark

I really want Kony to rot in hell. He has committed unforgivable crimes. I don't even think Kony should live in jail. Make him live in hell.

Also In the News doesn't get much attention. Put this somewhere where it will be more noticed.

RanmaChan

Maybe it would gain more attention in Serious Discussions?  But I agree, that man needs to rot forever.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Frostee

Inb4 the US/Other countries fuck him up.

SGT-Spartans

Quote from: FrostyFrosty on 06-03-2012
Inb4 the US/Other countries fuck him up.

Inb4 we pull out because America doesn't give a shit, it doesnt threaten us or our give us anything. Thats what senators said. The only way to stop this is to get the public informed. To many people don't even know this man exists.
SRP chars:
Vasilli 'Vasoline' Nikolaev - Freedom - Alive
Aleksey Ipanov - Spooky Trenchcoat Man - Alive
'Pale' - Bloodsucker - Alive

deluxulous

It's gaining popularity, luckily.

Frostee

Almost 10 million views in two days?

Paralyzed

As Redbark already mentioned.. Kony indeed needs to rot in hell.
SRP Characters:
Artyom Fedoseev 'Ex S-Sgt, Duty' - Alive
Dimitri Petrenkov 'Co-Leader, The Rangers' - Alive
Vladislav Ivanov 'Trader' - KIA

meetdadoom

He needs to rot in hell however, if you really want to make a difference do not a put a single dime into the Invisible Children charity. They are fraud and tend to leave out a lot of information.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Frostee

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: meetdadoom on 07-03-2012
He needs to rot in hell however, if you really want to make a difference do not a put a single dime into the Invisible Children charity. They are fraud and tend to leave out a lot of information.

INB4 Kony is the Invisible Children

meetdadoom

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

ThY

This corruption and cruelty is happening in nearly every african country, and middle eatern country. Even in some wealthy countries. If you did not know this before "Kony 2012" was flashing before your screens, you are retarded and too optimistic with the world.

This has sparked up a new breed of activist which I really really hate. So you've spread the video and made posters, good! Now tell me the other ways you've cared for ugandan children throughout the years. You are not an activist, or relovutionary by spreading the word on facebook.

Facts stated in the video have been proven wrong, and are extremely exaggerated, some of the crimes he stated happened in the 1960's and were in countries neighbouring uganda. The video is created for shock and persuasion, and it is well made.

If I recall from my research, A weak 30% of donations go towards Uganda. The charity is also not an official registered charity, meaning they can control fully where the money goes and what they can say about their project.

Although this problem is real, I doubt spreading the world will do anything. It could turn out like Osama, "Oh we killed him. Yup, but his body is in the sea and theres only a weak fuzzy photo to prove it."

tl;dr rantrantrantrant. oh and i cant promise everything i said is true, its what i got from a weak hours research into the topic and my general knowledge.

Kony using children as soldiers? Uganda be kidding me.

lolKieck

Quote from: ThY on 08-03-2012
This corruption and cruelty is happening in nearly every african country, and middle eatern country. Even in some wealthy countries. If you did not know this before "Kony 2012" was flashing before your screens, you are retarded and too optimistic with the world.

This has sparked up a new breed of activist which I really really hate. So you've spread the video and made posters, good! Now tell me the other ways you've cared for ugandan children throughout the years. You are not an activist, or relovutionary by spreading the word on facebook.

Facts stated in the video have been proven wrong, and are extremely exaggerated, some of the crimes he stated happened in the 1960's and were in countries neighbouring uganda. The video is created for shock and persuasion, and it is well made.

If I recall from my research, A weak 30% of donations go towards Uganda. The charity is also not an official registered charity, meaning they can control fully where the money goes and what they can say about their project.

Although this problem is real, I doubt spreading the world will do anything. It could turn out like Osama, "Oh we killed him. Yup, but his body is in the sea and theres only a weak fuzzy photo to prove it."

tl;dr rantrantrantrant. oh and i cant promise everything i said is true, its what i got from a weak hours research into the topic and my general knowledge.

Kony using children as soldiers? Uganda be kidding me.
QFT and the thread maker is probably the type of guy who joins a facebook group against corporations.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

jaik

If you did not know this before "Kony 2012" was flashing before your screens, you are retarded and too optimistic with the world.

oh okay
so i'm retarded and too optimistic because i don't know about an african criminal mastermind #394934939593593593593 who was obviously the first person who invented slavery. makes sense
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

ThY

Quote from: Jake on 08-03-2012
If you did not know this before "Kony 2012" was flashing before your screens, you are retarded and too optimistic with the world.

oh okay
so i'm retarded and too optimistic because i don't know about an african criminal mastermind #394934939593593593593 who was obviously the first person who invented slavery. makes sense
no you're retarded and too optimistic if you diddnt know shit like this happens in the world. not with specific criminal names.

jaik

oh okay
no you're retarded and too optimistic if you diddnt know shit like this happens in the world. not with specific criminal names.
that's not what you implied in your post

ThY

oh okay
unfortunaly i did, lets review.
I said
"This corruption and cruelty is happening in nearly every african country, and middle eatern country. Even in some wealthy countries."
the next line was saying "if you did not know this without kony 2012 you're retarded."
as I said "this", it is implied I am refering to the only point i have made so far in my rant, which is the quote.

so, to conclude, I was not saying if you did not know about the "african criminal mastermind" as you call him. I said, if you do not know of the corruption in the world.

jaik

oh okay
unfortunaly i did, lets review.
I said
"This corruption and cruelty is happening in nearly every african country, and middle eatern country. Even in some wealthy countries."
the next line was saying "if you did not know this without kony 2012 you're retarded."
as I said "this", it is implied I am refering to the only point i have made so far in my rant, which is the quote.

so, to conclude, I was not saying if you did not know about kony. I said, if you do not know of the corruption in the world.

oh wow shit, misread.
the wording just seems out of place
either way i agree

ThY

KONY

That's right; I recruit child soldiers. What Uganda do about it?

INA7HAN

Quote from: KONY on 08-03-2012
You've made your name the criminals name and your pretending to be him. I miss the point where this is to humour me or be funny in anyway but good job on being a cunt on a serious matter good job.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

VonXeno

Quote from: INA7HAN on 08-03-2012
You've made your name the criminals name and your pretending to be him. I miss the point where this is to humour me or be funny in anyway but good job on being a cunt on a serious matter good job.

Pointing out the obvious: Check.
Not getting the joke: Check.
Getting mad: Check.

Successful troll is successful.

EDIT: Despite the awful pun, at least he has a sense of humor.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

jaik

Teach me your ways.

Knife_cz

Quote from: VonXeno on 08-03-2012
Quote from: INA7HAN on 08-03-2012
-
-

Pointing out the obvious: Check.
Not getting the joke: Check.
Getting mad: Check.

Successful troll is successful.

Yeah right, now get the hell back to your terraria/minecraft.