[Lore][Character] Trav's Recollections

Started by RanmaChan, 16-01-2021

RanmaChan

(Props to Lt.Azreal for this old post.)

An old diary entry found on a skeleton in the Ermorian ruins.
Date: Unknown

So, I found this book. Might as well keep a record of my thoughts. Maybe if something goes wrong, at least my skeleton will have an interesting tale. So, the beginning. I am an elf. Or, a half elf. I've seen elves here, they are more nimble than I, so I obviously am part human. I have no recollection of any part of my life. Only an image, that of a beautiful maiden. Blond hair, braided, in a dress, with the most remarkable brown eyes you'd ever see, and a smile, the one that means she's laughing, lips slightly parted. That's all I know.

I awoke on the beach, amidst of circle of stones, some stone, some metal, and some lava, if memory serves correctly. Or maybe there was a pool of lava, I don't rightly know. All I knew was that this wasn't home. At first, I wondered if I had gotten too crazy at some get together, wound up where ever my body fell. But that couldn't be the case, as I soon found out. I found a trail, made of stone, in the woods. I followed it to the Nomas. Interesting people, they are, but that's for another entry. Then, I followed the trail some more, found some people at a tavern. They were nice, gave me a lay of the land, one even threw me some dagger he got somewhere or other, said I'd need it. He was right. The creatures of this land... Not right, not even in the slightest.

I even managed to nab a few nights rest there, when no one was looking. Well, then as I left to find some answers, I saw a flyer for the Ermorian Imperial Army. I figured, 'hey, I can swing a blade just as well as the next guy, why not?' As it turns out, diary, I can swing a blade a lot better than many of the people here. I was admitted, and became a proper citizen with that. I gained a name, from whatever I could piece together. I was a TRAVeler, so that worked, and Ironbow sounded intimidating. So many things have happened, nearly a year has passed... I doubt I'll ever find the answers I seek. But, what I wonder is, do I want to know? Might the past be too terrible to bare? The tattoos on my face, they look... evil, almost. Maybe it's the sharp points. And my skill with any blade, signifies something, I don't know, dark maybe. But, this Maiden I mentioned earlier. I know she's important, somehow. Whether she was my betrothed, my bride, or... I hesitate to say this, because I believe inner beauty shows through, and inner ugliness the same, but maybe she's the reason I have no memory, maybe she's why I'm stuck in a land I have no prior knowledge of. It's late, my candle needs to be saved for more important things, so, good night, diary.

You know, I should come up with a name for you. Tenchi. I don't know how, but I know that means something good.
Trav
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."