[Lore][Race] Gnomes

Started by Alaizia121, 16-01-2021

Alaizia121

Race Name: Gnomes
Sub-race Name: N/A

Appearance: Gnomes generally stand between 2'8 and 3'2, very short in comparison to the other races of Aceon, even the Dwarves. They prefer wear ornate traveling clothing, often in vibrant colors which match their dyed hair. Many Gnomes can have natural but differently colored eyes and hair from their small but innate connection to magic, which can range from bright red to dark green, pink, purple, and everything inbetween.

Racial History: Gnomes as a cultural group do not form large societies or kingdoms, preferring to form small communities and groups in whatever society they insert themselves into. Their traditions and habits vary based on the larger society they are found in, often times resembling a " pick and choose " cluster of a region's cultural practices mixed with their own logics.

From The Diary of Jennifer Elandil. "Today was an extraordinary day! I saw Gnomes today, real life Gnomes, all the way out here! We don't get many people visiting our little town, so to have a caravan of Gnomes come through was something extra special. What was really neat was that they were all about my size, only around three feet tall. They had all sorts of things for sale, from shiny swords to beautiful dresses; but what I really wanted was to know more about them.

It turns out that they don't really have their own villages or towns. They travel around in caravans or live in small communities within the towns and kingdoms of other species. They create their own small districts, keeping to themselves but to sell their wares, and their services. They aren't anti-social people, or incapable of creating their own places to live, they just prefer things this way.

What really caught my eye was their hair and eye colors. Most of them looked pretty normal, like me, but others had all kinds of different colored hair and eyes, from bright purple to dark green. I spoke with many of them about it, and they told me it had something to do with a 'natural connection to the local presences of magic'. I don't know what that means, but it sounds pretty cool."

"They told me all sorts of stuff about magic, like that some of them could sense when magical spells were being cast, while others could sense magical auras, and others could feel the presence of magic in the past. It was really quite extraordinary. They told me that they are often paid for these magic sensing services. Some of the others though said they had no connection to magic at all, and just dyed their hair because they liked it. I like it too, so I bought some blue hair dye from one of them. Tomorrow I am going to talk to father about dying my hair. I really hope he agrees!"

RanmaChan

Thanks for posting this here, now I can add the link to it over in the main racial list.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."