Ani of the Green Robes, The Blind Sage

Started by DontLook4Phoebe, 12-07-2019

DontLook4Phoebe

NAME: Ani of the Green Robes (No full name known)
Race: Elven (Specifically, City-Elven)
Racial Trait: Enhanced Senses (Listen only) +10
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Class: Freelancer (Minstrel)

Literacy:
Common: Y (Though she can only write, not read)
Arcane: Y
Elven Braille: Y

Legacy Status: N
SOUL: Devotion/Lightning

PROFICIENCIES:
WEAPONRY: Healing magic in general. Nothing else. Seriously, don't ask the blind chick to fire a gun.
ARMOR: None.
ACCESSORIES: None.

SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: Blindfold counts? No? Fine, then. A harp and a bell (which take the place of any instrument she happens to be playing, or her vocal talent).

TRAITS:
Ani's voice and instrumental talent has strange and unusual properties, being that she is a minstrel and scribe by trade. Aside from that, Ani is a ravenous learner of all things new, taking down notes of everything she experiences and learns for future generations. Generally, she either ends up incredibly popular or incredibly irritating at every town she passes- there is no in-between.

FLAWS:
Ani is blind. Not in the sort of 'I can see fuzzy images' sort of blindness, but actually full-on blind. Beyond that, she is also a pacifist, and to the point of self-detriment. If a threat arises that she must stand against, she prefers to hide and support those willing to fight it first. Some people call it being a coward, but Ani holds different values than most.

SKILLS:
Weapon Finesse: Cleric (Healing-type only)
Weapon Finesse: Cleric (Healing-type only)
Restoration (Renamed to: Song of Mending): Cleric Skill
Purify (Renamed to: Song of Cleansing): Cleric Skill
Support (Renamed to: Song of Support): Freelancer Skill

SIGNATURE SKILL (Not gained):
Song of Hope: For five rounds, Ani may choose 1 of three effects each round, and may not take other actions for the duration:
1: +15 to all Defense rolls for allies
2: Each ally Heals as if targeted by a cleric (May only be done once during the skill)
3: All foes gain the HAUNT status until Ani's next turn.

---

So who is the blind girl? With her emerald robes and cloak, one would think her a druid, or perhaps a noble, but no- Ani is but a wandering elf, looking for legacies, never seeking her own. A good story, a wonderful song, a tasty secret, those are her purview and desire- not so much adventure and derring-do. Mind you, if you want someone to decipher ancient magical runes or even crack open a puzzle that's flummoxed you for days, by all means, call for Ani- just be prepared to answer her incessant questions, probing ever deeper into your psyche.

That's not to say the elf from Fanasinia is a bad lass. Quite the contrary, in fact. ...But if she knows enough about you, she can make some incredibly distressing insight. Some would say she knows too much-

And oddly enough, in that respect, the cheerful girl might turn somber and agree with them.

Never strike a deal for knowledge. The ones that deal with you might hamstring your learning further, with their fee.

Cross

I hate to be "that guy", especially since this bio/character is good, but...

You kinda sorta possibly maybe need moderator permission to bring in a second character. If JoJo gave you the okay then that works (he just hasn't spoken to me about this in that case) but if not I'll need to ask you delay their arrival a bit. Thanks, and my apologies again.

(and the reason we have this rule is a precaution against people being swamped with too many characters they end up forgetting about. It does happen)

(and unrelated, Bard is actually the name for the Cleric/Ranger dual-class. Might I suggest Minstrel for the Freelancer variant, when it happens?)
-Insert clever signature here-

DontLook4Phoebe

Acceptable change. I will leave the profile still up for when she's in use. Thank you!)